N-400 San Francisco timeline

YayPhew.... done with my Interview :)

Update:

My interview was earlier today.

1) Very courteous officer. Started a nice conversation about my country, culture, etc. (put me at ease ;-) before taking out my file. Asked me about current job, home, verifying my name, and went through the items from N-400 form.

2) Asked me to sign my full name twice on the N-400 form in cursive.

3) Asked me to sign the same on my 2 photographs.

4) Asked the following questions from a sheet:
1) Is there a term limit for the Senators?
2) Who is the mayor of your town?
3) Who nominates the Supreme Court judges?
4) What's the voting age for American citizens?
5) Who is the Vice President?

5) Asked me to write "Today is a sunny day" on a paper in cursive letters.

6) Said, "Congratulations..." and gave me a sheet that had today's date and his name, along with "Congratulations'... you'll notified of the Oath ceremony, etc." box checked. Also and envelope that had a Passport Application form.

7) I asked him about the Oath ceremony, and he said there are 2 per month.

The whole interview lasted for about 20-25 minutes. I thanked him and walked out happily. Overall, a very pleasant experience, I must say. :)

Things to remember: If you have a cell phone with a camera, you CAN NOT bring that in. I had to drop mine off at the photo studio across for a $3 fee.

All the best to those waiting for the interview...

AXUM123 said:
Update:

My interview was earlier today.

1) Very courteous officer. Started a nice conversation about my country, culture, etc. (put me at ease ;-) before taking out my file. Asked me about current job, home, verifying my name, and went through the items from N-400 form.

2) Asked me to sign my full name twice on the N-400 form in cursive.

3) Asked me to sign the same on my 2 photographs.

4) Asked the following questions from a sheet:
1) Is there a term limit for the Senators?
2) Who is the mayor of your town?
3) Who nominates the Supreme Court judges?
4) What's the voting age for American citizens?
5) Who is the Vice President?

5) Asked me to write "Today is a sunny day" on a paper in cursive letters.

6) Said, "Congratulations..." and gave me a sheet that had today's date and his name, along with "Congratulations'... you'll notified of the Oath ceremony, etc." box checked. Also and envelope that had a Passport Application form.

7) I asked him about the Oath ceremony, and he said there are 2 per month.

The whole interview lasted for about 20-25 minutes. I thanked him and walked out happily. Overall, a very pleasant experience, I must say. :)

Things to remember: If you have a cell phone with a camera, you CAN NOT bring that in. I had to drop mine off at the photo studio across for a $3 fee.

All the best to those waiting for the interview...

Congratulations!!!!!

Also please update on your oath.

Received Oath Letter

Hello, I received the oath letter today. That's Oct 14 ceremony in SF Masonic Center.
Good luck to everyone!! :D

here's my timeline...my fingerprint and interview were done in oakland.

(3 years marriaged based n-400)
mail app: march 26, 05
USCIS rvcd date/priority date: march 28,05
fingerprint #1: may 13, 05
fingerprint #2: (rvcd notice saying #1 is not clear): june 15, 05
interview notice rvcd: july 7, 05
interview: aug 4, 05
2nd interview; sep 1, 05
oath letter received: sep 16, 05
oath date: oct 14, 05

update

oakland
priority date - july 27,2005
finger print - aug 29, 2005

interview - waiting

Will keep you all posted once I get some information

Oath on October 14th

update:

Received my Oath letter today. It's on October 14, 2005.
I am going to fill in the Passport Application and drop it off right there after the ceremony.

-------------------------------------------------
My details:
Priority date: May 10, 2005
Fingerprinted: June 10, 2005
Interview notice received: August 3, 2005
Interviewed on: September 15, 2005
Oath letter received: September 23, 2005
Oath ceremony scheduled for October 14, 2005
-------------------------------------------------

Making a copy of Certificat of Citizenship on Oath day?

Hello all,

I will take my Oath in a few weeks in San Francisco (Masonic Center). I plan to apply for a passport on the same day. Since I will have to sumbit my certificate of naturalization with the passport application, do they allow a copy of it to be made prior to it's submission. I would like to have a copy for peace of mind.

Also, if there is no urgency, is there any pro/con to expedite processin vs. normal processing?

Thank you,
Aha.

oath experience

I just attended the oath ceremony at masonic center this morning @ 9am. It lasted for 1 hour 40 min. Officers started to let us in around 8am. The officers asked those questions on the back of oath notice and they wrote "OK" on the notice after verifying the answer. We have to surrender the greencard and oath notice before we are directed to our seats. Ceremony was pretty smooth and pleasant. Certificates were distributed at the end of the ceremony.

I follow the advice on this forum - make a copy of the Certificate before submitting it with my passport application. Therefore, I didn't apply the passport right there at the ceremony. Instead, I made a copy of the Certificate for my own record and went to the post office in the afternoon.

For those who is interested: One thing surprise me is that there is new version of passport application form and the staff at post office said the old form that I received at the interview is no longer accepted.
Did Axum123 and ahacali apply the passport at the ceremony as you mentioned?

At last, I want to, again, THANK YOU everyone's help for my citizenship journey. I finally made it. And I wish all of you the best of luck!!

Cookie :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Cookie, Congratulations!!!! Thanks for sharing information on the oath ceremony. Did you drive or take public transport?

Other SF DO folks out there, anyone with a PD close to mid July received an int. apptment??????

sfbayguy

Thank you sfbayguy. The CIS website should be updated sometime next week on the processing dates, you should be getting close to receive the interview letter. Good luck!!

I took bart to Powell station and then took a cap. It was stress-free. I heard people stuck in Masonic garage for an hour and that's why they were late...
If you plan to drive, arrive there before 8am, otherwise it's hard to get a parking space. And remember, the officers distribute the Certificate according to the time you report - the earlier you come in, the sooner to receive the Certificate and can be able to get out asap. This is my 2 cents :)

I also see other members opening new threads regarding SF/Oakland timeline, you may want to check those threads for their timeline as well.

Cookie :)

cookie

Congratulation! Good to see you being a US citizen.

By the way, I always wonder what is the secret behind your ID as cookie seems very sweet thing. :rolleyes:

Thank you JohnnyCash

Thank you JohnnyCash. Thanks for the support and advices that you gave me while I was in the dark - got lost and confused with interview officers.
Yup...I made it finally :D

Cookie? :cool: It is quite a nice snack for TV time and perfect dessert after a sandwiches luncheon...do you agree? Well, yes, and it is something sweet...
I have a ex-coworker whose nickname is Cookie and in fact she is quite sweet ;)

My Timeline - SFO/ Oakland

Congratulations Cookies !!

Here's my detailed timeline -

July 6, 2005 Sent N-400 application via USPS Express mail
July 7, 2005 Application reached USINS Laguna Niguel, CA
July 7, 2005 Priority Date/ Receipt Date
July 11, 2005 Received "Returned Receipt" back
July 13, 2005 Checks cleared
July 18, 2005 Letter received from USINS with Priority Date as 07/07
August 2, 2005 Fingerprinting Letter received
Aug 10, 2005 Fingerprinting Date
???? FP received by FBI
???? FP sent to USCIS by FBI
14-Sep-05 Interview Letter Notice Date
20-Sep-05 Interview Letter received
???? Case be able to add online
9-Nov-05 Interview Date - SCHEDULED at 1301 Clay St. Oakland, CA

How can I find out exact dates for FP received by FBI -

???? FP received by FBI
???? FP sent to USCIS by FBI

Also how to know if name check/ security check is completed before I go for interview on 11/09. Is there any online status/ tel number available?

Please help guys.

-Goodyman

cookie

cookie99 said:
Cookie? :cool: It is quite a nice snack for TV time and perfect dessert after a sandwiches luncheon...do you agree? Well, yes, and it is something sweet...
I have a ex-coworker whose nickname is Cookie and in fact she is quite sweet ;)

Hmmmm...I ALWAYS wonder WHY cookies are ALWAYS sweet in taste.
;)

Done with My Interview :)

My interview was like they made me wait for 2 hours and called me the last very person and I saw people coming out failling and that made me more nervous but finally I was in there sitting in front of the officer.
So, I did not take my marriage certificate with me as I thought it has no relevance to my interview but I was asked about it, oh no, I got a shock as I was about to make go back and send it and wait and get delayed but thank God and luckily I had other evidance of my marriage and showed that to officer and fortunately she accepted it and croosed the form she was about to give me and send me back -- what a relief, but I was really mad at myself for not taking it with me in spite of being super careful. Ok, then she asked 10 civic Qs and of course reviewed and asked all Qs from N400 and finllay asked me to write a sentence and sign my name on the form and my photos and said congrats , u passed! :)

Now waiting for oath and she said I should get it within a month. :D

Good luck to all!

naaz

ps. take with you every document even if they are not mentioned on the notice as at the interview they can ask and if u dont have it, there, u get stuck unnecessary and need to resend and etc. I was being too careful to have everything with me even my boarding passes but still did not think that my Marriage certificate will be asked as I am not applying based on my marriage. So take all docs u have even though u think it has no relevance.

Any Updates ???

Any SF DO folks out there with a PD of July got an interview notice from the SF DO?? I am still waiting for my int. notice :confused:

It seems that people with interviews at Oakland are getting notices or are posting updates, have not seen any recent posts re: notices for interviews at the SF DO.

timeline

My timeline

Sf/Oakland

Appln Sent - july 29
PD - Aug 4
Fingerprinting - Sep 7
Interview Letter - Oct 13
Interview Date - Dec 7 @ Oakland

sfbayguy

A friend of mine who has a PD in August got his interview letter last couple weeks and that's for December . He will have his interview at the Oakland office.
Seems like the schedule at Oakland office is moving a bit faster then SF office...
Anyway, keep us posted and wish you luck!

:)

An update, My Oath will be on Nov 8

Anyone else? we could possibly congratulate eachother in person there :)