N-400 San Francisco timeline

congratulations

How can one obtain a letter from Selective Service system that he / she donot need to register for it ?

I don't quite understand as to why you one would need the
letter from the selective service if one had answered "NO" to
the below question on the N-400 form.

"Are you a male who lived in the United States at any time
between your 18th and 26th birthdays in any status
except as a lawful immigrant ?"

Can someone please respond to this one ?

Thx
Tushar

always_living said:
I just had inteview this morning. My interview was at Sansome St San Francisco.
I got there around 7:40 AM. And i was called around 8:10AM.

The immigration officer is not rude, but not polite either. He went though the N400 form quickly. He didn't even bother check my old passport (but I only go abroad for around 60 days total in last 5 years).

He asked if I registered selective service, I told him I dont need to and hand over him the letter from Selective Service Admin.

He asked me to write 1 simple sentence ("I have three children", simple enough, right ?), and handed over me a paper which has 10 civic questions (all 10 are from the 100 sample questions). He asked me to read them out load and tell him the answer.

Finally, he congradulated me and gave me a paper stating I was receommned for approval, and oath letter will be mailed out soon. He told me I should receive the oath letter within 2 weeks.

The whole interview process takes around 15 mins. I got out the building around 8:30AM.

Hope this helps.

Congratulations always_living!!! Thanks for sharing your int. experience.

tdesai said:

Thx
Tushar

Strange are the ways of the BCIS :p, anyway the letter is very easy to get, so if I just got it and will have it with me at the int. If you need to find out how to get the letter, just search the posts for selective service.

Well, on the interview notice, it did mention to bring any evidences related o selective serivce.

I was asked how old was I when I got the GC. Since I got the GC right after my 26th birthday, that might raise the eyeball of immigration officer.

Anyway, I would suggest every male N-400 applicant to get this letter, easpecially there is no application fee at all.

tdesai said:

Thx
Tushar

Myself and my wife applied N-400 and our PD date is 09/15/2005.We have not received FP notice till 11/13/2005. Is it not very late? USCIS response remains the standard first reply only. Is there any body else pending for FP notice like our case?

Hello! Any body from San Francisco Do with PD aroung 9/15/2005, waiting for FP notice?

We are worried whether FP notices were lost in mail.

Please respond.

N-400 Application Send: 11/03/05
Application Received : 11/05/05
Checks Cashed : 11/15/05
Notice Date : 11/??/05
Priority Date : 11/??/05

(Still not received the WAC no or the PD letter)

Thx
Tushar

wait for one more week

Generally it takes about 2 weeks to get the info back. Based on your dates, you should have the WAC number by next week . Please wait.

Regards :)

Today I went to SFO DO with Infopass and met the official. He checked with the system and confirmed that FP Notices have not yet been issued in our cases and asked us to meet him, if we do not get the Notices within next 30 days. Is this sort of delay normal?

N-400 PD:9/15/2005

Marin Resident said:
Today I went to SFO DO with Infopass and met the official. He checked with the system and confirmed that FP Notices have not yet been issued in our cases and asked us to meet him, if we do not get the Notices within next 30 days. Is this sort of delay normal?

N-400 PD:9/15/2005

Hello Marin Resident,

Does the official gave any reason or hint, why the FP notices habe not received yet. Also, do they give any timeline when you should expect FP notice ? When should I start worrying about FP ? :)

always_living said:
Well, on the interview notice, it did mention to bring any evidences related o selective serivce.

I was asked how old was I when I got the GC. Since I got the GC right after my 26th birthday, that might raise the eyeball of immigration officer.

Anyway, I would suggest every male N-400 applicant to get this letter, easpecially there is no application fee at all.

I would not believe it would raise the eyeball of immigration officer if someone got the GC after the 26th birthday. However, if someone got the GC before 26th birthday, the officer might want to see the proof of the male was registered the SS.

tdesai said:
N-400 Application Send: 11/03/05
Application Received : 11/05/05
Checks Cashed : 11/15/05
Notice Date : 11/??/05
Priority Date : 11/??/05

(Still not received the WAC no or the PD letter)

Thx
Tushar

i got my first NOA around 3 weeks after I mailed out my application to CSC.

just an update

my online status is being updated today and when i tried to check it it says that i cant view it... i hope i will receive my interview letter soon.

DO: San Francisco
PD: Aug.22, 2005
FP: sep 22, 2005
STATUS DISAPPEARED: Nov. 23, 2005
intrvw notice: still waiting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Question in regards to Oath

I have one question. I am going to have oath on next Tuesday.
Cookie99- you wrote that it took 1 hour and 40 minutes. I have appointment with passport agency on 11:00 a.m. I know it's tight. But this is only available time that they have on this date and I need to travel on 25th and get a Visa. From Mosonic to passport agency, it takes only 2min drive.
I just wonder----- after finish ceremony, how long it takes to get a cert? I am planning to go there earliest possible, so I can get cert very quick.
Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks,

helper00 said:
Hello Marin Resident,

Does the official gave any reason or hint, why the FP notices habe not received yet. Also, do they give any timeline when you should expect FP notice ? When should I start worrying about FP ? :)
SFO DO official did not give any reason for the delay. He said within the next 30 days, notices should be received.He himself was surprised about the delay. He asked us to come after another 30 days. When I asked him what he will be able to do at that time, he said he will take necessary action to help me at that time..

From the postings I find normally FP noctices are received within a month. I was worried whether the notices are lost in transit. That was the reason for my trip to SFO DO.

PD:09/15/2005
FP Notice not yet received

Received FP notice today

Marin Resident & others,

I got FP letter today. The FP Notice Date is 11/11, mailed by USCIS on 11/14 and received by me on 11/17. The FP is scheduled on 11/29/05 @ 3:00 PM at Oakland Application Support Center.

Anyone,

Can we go on an earlier date for fingerprinting ? Just want to get it done. Any comments ??

Regards