N-400 San Francisco timeline

Goodyman said:
How can I find out exact dates for FP received by FBI -

???? FP received by FBI
???? FP sent to USCIS by FBI

Also how to know if name check/ security check is completed before I go for interview on 11/09. Is there any online status/ tel number available?

Please help guys.

-Goodyman

1-304-625-5590

ahacali said:
Hello all,

I will take my Oath in a few weeks in San Francisco (Masonic Center). I plan to apply for a passport on the same day. Since I will have to sumbit my certificate of naturalization with the passport application, do they allow a copy of it to be made prior to it's submission. I would like to have a copy for peace of mind.

Also, if there is no urgency, is there any pro/con to expedite processin vs. normal processing?

Thank you,
Aha.

there is a statement on the naturalization cert saying it is illegal to make copy of the cert.

also, i do not have any urgency to get the passport, however i paid for the one-way overnight delivery (for return) and the expedit process fee because I want to get my naturalization cert back to me as soon as possible.

ocworker said:
there is a statement on the naturalization cert saying it is illegal to make copy of the cert.

Even though above statement is true, the USCIS officer at my interview explicitly told me to make a copy of my naturalization certificate before I turn it in for the passport application. He told me I will need the copy to file for my wife's papers (I-130).

Naaz2004 I surely would like to be one of them on Nov 8. How did you figure out your oath ceremony was scheduled for Nov 8? Did you get the notice? Thanks.

Online case status disappeared today

Update for SF DO folks, my online status disappeared today :D and "last updated" shows new date of 10/27/2005. Looking at posts from other folks, this seems to indicate that I should be receiving the int. letter soon. This will save me a trip to the DO, since I had taken an infopass for next week to find out what was happening with the appln. I'll update the post when I get the letter.

Now I am worrying that the int. apptmnt will be during the holidays between Dec 25 to Jan 1 when I plan to be out of town. :eek: The immigration saga continues, one completed milestone leads to heartburn over the next one coming up ;)

[Q] San Francisco N-400 filing

hello folks,

I recently became eligible to file my N-400. I had a fairly standard H-1/gc process and I was wondering if I need to go through an attorney or just file it myself.

Seems fairly staright forward.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

good luck

sfbayguy said:
Update for SF DO folks, my online status disappeared today :D and "last updated" shows new date of 10/27/2005. Looking at posts from other folks, this seems to indicate that I should be receiving the int. letter soon. This will save me a trip to the DO, since I had taken an infopass for next week to find out what was happening with the appln. I'll update the post when I get the letter.

Now I am worrying that the int. apptmnt will be during the holidays between Dec 25 to Jan 1 when I plan to be out of town. :eek: The immigration saga continues, one completed milestone leads to heartburn over the next one coming up ;)

hey, sfbayguy, good to hear your update...
as i remember you are filed under 3 years marriage...so prepare all necessary documents and you will be fine...keep us posted

Thanks Cookie, I'll start compiling documents once I get the int. notice. I'll review your posts and others with 3-yr based int. to see what all the IO may ask to review.

ssmaus said:
hello folks,

I recently became eligible to file my N-400. I had a fairly standard H-1/gc process and I was wondering if I need to go through an attorney or just file it myself.

Seems fairly staright forward.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

unless you have serious crimal history, otherwise you can just file your case by yourself.

Received Interview Notice

I got my Interview notice in my mail today. The interview is at San Francisco DO on Dec 15th.

Another San Francisco timeline

Send out application - 07/18/2005
Priority Date - 07/19/2005
Fingerprint Date - 08/16/2005
Interview notice mailed - 10/26/2005
Interview notice recieved - 10/28/2005
Interview Date - 12/14/2005
Oath Date - XX/XX/200X

My timeline at Oakland USINS

Guys,

Just posting my timeline -

July 6, 2005 Sent N-400 application via USPS Express mail
July 7, 2005 Application reached USINS Laguna Niguel, CA
July 7, 2005 Priority Date/ Receipt Date
July 11, 2005 Received "Returned Receipt" back
July 13, 2005 Checks cleared
July 18, 2005 Letter received from USINS with Priority Date as 07/07
August 2, 2005 Fingerprinting Letter received
Aug 10, 2005 Fingerprinting Date
???? FP received by FBI
14-Sep-05 Interview Letter Notice Date
20-Sep-05 Interview Letter received
???? Case be able to add online
9-Nov-05 Interview Date - SCHEDULED at 1301 Clay St. Oakland, CA

Keep posting.

Goodyman

How long does it take to schedule the oath after interview?

Just checking ... what is the usual timeframe?

I just had inteview this morning. My interview was at Sansome St San Francisco.
I got there around 7:40 AM. And i was called around 8:10AM.

The immigration officer is not rude, but not polite either. He went though the N400 form quickly. He didn't even bother checking my old passport (but I only go abroad for around 60 days total in last 5 years).

He asked if I registered selective service, I told him I dont need to and hand over him the letter from Selective Service Admin.

He asked me to write 1 simple sentence ("I have three children", simple enough, right ?), and handed over me a paper which has 10 civic questions (all 10 are from the 100 sample questions). He asked me to read them out load and tell him the answer.

Finally, he congradulated me and gave me a paper stating I was receommned for approval, and oath letter will be mailed out soon. He told me I should receive the oath letter within 2 weeks.

The whole interview process takes around 15 mins. I got out the building around 8:30AM.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodyman said:
Guys,

Just posting my timeline -

July 6, 2005 Sent N-400 application via USPS Express mail
July 7, 2005 Application reached USINS Laguna Niguel, CA
July 7, 2005 Priority Date/ Receipt Date
July 11, 2005 Received "Returned Receipt" back
July 13, 2005 Checks cleared
July 18, 2005 Letter received from USINS with Priority Date as 07/07
August 2, 2005 Fingerprinting Letter received
Aug 10, 2005 Fingerprinting Date
???? FP received by FBI
14-Sep-05 Interview Letter Notice Date
20-Sep-05 Interview Letter received
???? Case be able to add online
9-Nov-05 Interview Date - SCHEDULED at 1301 Clay St. Oakland, CA

Keep posting.

Goodyman

Goodyman,

pls share your interview experience with us :)