N-400 San Francisco timeline

Please post your SF timelines

SF timeline is very inactive with no postings compared to others. Please post your timelines to help others. Also I have question on written test. Does anyone took the Civics test while doing FP in any of SF ASC's?

PD 12/26/06
NOA 01/03/07
FP???

I had my FP on Jan 2nd. My case status has now disappeared from uscis. What does this mean and what to expect?

Thanks.

Do I need to be worried?

Please weigh in on whether I should start to get worried that I have not received the Interview Letter -- based on my N-400 dates below (San Francisco):

priority date: Aug 21st, 2006
Fingerprints: Sep 21st, 2006
Interview: nothing yet

Thanks all.

Completed Oath yesterday

The Oath ceremony experience was very good. It's amazing how effeciently they ran the oath ceremony given nearly 1300 people took oath. It was a great experience. The ceremony lasts for approx. 2 hours and at the end of the ceremony, the naturalization certificates were distributed.

The entire application process was very smooth and all official were very courteous. Unlike the green card application, I was pleasently surprised at how efficiently and timely the entire process went.

Here are my details. Finger print and Interview at Oakland.

Mailed Application: August 11th, 2006
Recipt Date: August 14th, 2006
Received Fingerprint notice: August 20th, 2006
Finger Print date: Spet 1, 2006
Interview notice: Sept. 12th, 2006
Interview date: Nov. 28th, 2006
Oath: Jan 9th, 2006

Good to luck to all the folks whose application is under proceessing. I found the message board very useful and wanted to thank everyone of you on valuable information.

Timeline

I went for interview today. I was asked to write a simple sentence and read and answer 10 questions from a sheet. The funny thing is that there are faint prints below the questions, guess what, they are the answers! Got the oath scheduled at the end of the interview. Thank god no more USCIS for me!

Here is my time line:

PD: 4/21/06
FP: 5/11/06
IL: 12/19/06 (Received on 12/22/06)
Interview: 2/8/07
Oath Date: 3/13/07

My wife's:

PD: 4/21/06
FP: 5/12/06

She's waiting for the much dreaded name check. Anyone who's also on the same boat?

Last edited by a moderator:
My case is the opposite of previous one. My wife's case is done. But mine still PENDING.

PD - May 31, 06
FP - Jun 15,06
Nothing much after that......

Good Luck!

Oath related Queries

MrCitizen and folks who have info on Oath ceremony,

I have few questions -

Are kids allowed to be there at ceremony with parents (if both parents are getting oath same day) ?

Also are cellphones and cameras totally NOT allowed at ceremony ?

Thanks in anticipation

AG

mrcitizen said:
The Oath ceremony experience was very good. It's amazing how effeciently they ran the oath ceremony given nearly 1300 people took oath. It was a great experience. The ceremony lasts for approx. 2 hours and at the end of the ceremony, the naturalization certificates were distributed.

The entire application process was very smooth and all official were very courteous. Unlike the green card application, I was pleasently surprised at how efficiently and timely the entire process went.

Here are my details. Finger print and Interview at Oakland.

Mailed Application: August 11th, 2006
Recipt Date: August 14th, 2006
Received Fingerprint notice: August 20th, 2006
Finger Print date: Spet 1, 2006
Interview notice: Sept. 12th, 2006
Interview date: Nov. 28th, 2006
Oath: Jan 9th, 2006

Good to luck to all the folks whose application is under proceessing. I found the message board very useful and wanted to thank everyone of you on valuable information.

SF is moving

My interview is on 3/15 in SF DO. I am studying abroad and coming for interview. After interview can I request for a early oath? I can see the next oath after my interview is 3/27. Do the officer tell me if I can get that appt.? Also is there any other way to complete the oath immediately after interview in SF DO?

Priority Dt. 12/26
Notice Dt. 1/3/07
FF Date: 2/2/07
FF done: 1/23/07
Interview dt: 3/15/07

Last edited by a moderator:
KMM, what does walkin mean? Can you actually show up for finger prints earlier than the appointed date and just walk in there? Thanks.

from_bayarea said:
KMM, what does walkin mean? Can you actually show up for finger prints earlier than the appointed date and just walk in there? Thanks.

Yes...you can walk in a little earlier than your stated fingerprinting date and get your fingerprints done.....however, if it is crowded, you might have to wait for a while till its not so crowded and they can fit you in.

Worth a try though :)

That is right. I just walked in on 1/23 even though my Finger prints date is 2/2 and they just accepted. They didn't even asked about why I showed up early.

Oakland FP walk-in?

Hi guys,

We have got our FP date on Oakland sometime in February. However, the time is 8 AM in the morning, and it is very inconvenient with a toddler. (His daycare does not start until 8:30 AM).

So do you know whether it will be possible to do a walk-in to Oakland ASC at an earlier date, or maybe at a later time on the same day? Anybody has experience doing that?

Otherwise, do you know whether it will be possible to bring a 2-year old to the ASC?

Thanks.
--------------------
My info:
Mailed 1/11/07
Received 1/13/07
PD: 1/16/07
Receipt received: 1/27/07
FP notice received: 1/29/07
FP date ??

hello said:
Hi guys,

We have got our FP date on Oakland sometime in February. However, the time is 8 AM in the morning, and it is very inconvenient with a toddler. (His daycare does not start until 8:30 AM).

So do you know whether it will be possible to do a walk-in to Oakland ASC at an earlier date, or maybe at a later time on the same day? Anybody has experience doing that?

Otherwise, do you know whether it will be possible to bring a 2-year old to the ASC?

Thanks.
--------------------
My info:
Mailed 1/11/07
Received 1/13/07
PD: 1/16/07
Receipt received: 1/27/07
FP notice received: 1/29/07
FP date ??

Yes you can go earlier to get your fingerprints taken. If they are crowded, you might have to wait for a bit but the bottom line is....Yes.

Mka:

Did you find out what is the reason cause this delay? Most of people's application get delayed beacuse of the name check. You can set up a infopass to USCIS. You also can write to your congressman/woman or senator ask them to check the status of your application.

Hope it helps.

Jack
mka said:
It looks like my application is stuck. Any idea what to do next?

Name check

Does the name check happen before the INS sends the interview notice? Or does it happen after the interview?

from_bayarea said:
Does the name check happen before the INS sends the interview notice? Or does it happen after the interview?
After May 2006, INS will send the Interview Notice AFTER Name Check is completed. If they send the IL before Name-Check they usually "De-Schedule" your interview.

cajack said:
Mka:

Did you find out what is the reason cause this delay? Most of people's application get delayed beacuse of the name check. You can set up a infopass to USCIS. You also can write to your congressman/woman or senator ask them to check the status of your application.

Hope it helps.

Jack
hi cajack,

Did you file 1447(b) petition by yourself?