N-400 San Francisco timeline

MN said:
I have Interview end of this month at clay St in Oakland, and I like to know if I can park some where close by cheap.

Thanks

You can park right across the road in parking garage between 13th and 14th. It is $4.50 for 2 hrs.

thanks
EasyBay_003

N-400 filed at CSC: June 8, 2006
N-400 received at CSC: June 20, 2006 (priority)
N-400 NOA issued: June 22,2006
N-400 NOA received: June 26,2006
NOA FP issued: June 24, 2006
NOA FP received:June 28, 2006
FP: July 20, 2006 (appointment)
Case status disappears:
Interview ND: October 16, 2006
IL received: October 19, 2006
Interview: November 2, 2006
Oath: The interviewing Officer was running behind the schedule the day of my interview ,so my interview was done at 3.45 PM and by the time she was done the office was closed. So she gave me the passport packet and the place to go for the oath in SFO and told me verbally that it will be on Nov 28th and I will get a letter in mail.
No letter till nov 26th so I went in on 27th and asked them ( in Oakland). The person looked it up and told me that I am in schedule for Jan 9th ceremony.

Still no letter.
Has this ever happened to anybody? Oath after over 2 months of interview.

Interview Done today at Oakland.

All,

Done with interview today at Oakland.

Went there 15 min before interview and was called 15 min after my interview time. It took 15 min for officer to complete interview, only passport, green Card and Diver License where asked nothing else.

After 15 min of interview I was given Oath letter for Jan 9th in SFO.

DO Oakland
Mailed N400 on Aug 10th
Recived Aug 14th
PD Aug 14th
Notice Recived Aug 25th
FP Notice Recived Aug 30th
FP Date Sep 05th @ Oakland.
IV Letter Recd 15th Sept
IV Date 29th Nov,
Oath Scheduled Jan 9th, 2007

ptoocool said:
N-400 filed at CSC: June 8, 2006
N-400 received at CSC: June 20, 2006 (priority)
N-400 NOA issued: June 22,2006
N-400 NOA received: June 26,2006
NOA FP issued: June 24, 2006
NOA FP received:June 28, 2006
FP: July 20, 2006 (appointment)
Case status disappears:
Interview ND: October 16, 2006
IL received: October 19, 2006
Interview: November 2, 2006
Oath: The interviewing Officer was running behind the schedule the day of my interview ,so my interview was done at 3.45 PM and by the time she was done the office was closed. So she gave me the passport packet and the place to go for the oath in SFO and told me verbally that it will be on Nov 28th and I will get a letter in mail.
No letter till nov 26th so I went in on 27th and asked them ( in Oakland). The person looked it up and told me that I am in schedule for Jan 9th ceremony.

Still no letter.
Has this ever happened to anybody? Oath after over 2 months of interview.

Very unusal. Anyway you should have not waited till Nov 26th. Why did they not give you the letter for Jan 8th on 27th. I had my interview on 20th in Oakland and got the letter for Dec 14th right on the spot.

I think if you don't get the letter by Dec 10th , a trip to Oakland may be worthwill . All the best

EastBay_003
All the best

EastBay_003 said:
Very unusal. Anyway you should have not waited till Nov 26th. Why did they not give you the letter for Jan 8th on 27th. I had my interview on 20th in Oakland and got the letter for Dec 14th right on the spot.

I think if you don't get the letter by Dec 10th , a trip to Oakland may be worthwill . All the best

EastBay_003
All the best

I think I will do that, but when I was there on 27th I asked for a letter and the guy behind the counter told me that he can not do that. I asked If I could talk to a supervisor than he went and got the lady who interviewed me. She turned the screen around and showed me the screen with my name and A#. It said
certificate printed: 11/22/06
Oath date : 1/9/07
time of oath : 9.00 AM
Place of oath : San francisco, Masonic hall

She said even if I do not get the letter just show up there and they will take me in. I dont know if I should take her word or if I should go there again.

MN said:
All,

Done with interview today at Oakland.

Went there 15 min before interview and was called 15 min after my interview time. It took 15 min for officer to complete interview, only passport, green Card and Diver License where asked nothing else.

After 15 min of interview I was given Oath letter for Jan 9th in SFO.

DO Oakland
Mailed N400 on Aug 10th
Recived Aug 14th
PD Aug 14th
Notice Recived Aug 25th
FP Notice Recived Aug 30th
FP Date Sep 05th @ Oakland.
IV Letter Recd 15th Sept
IV Date 29th Nov,
Oath Scheduled Jan 9th, 2007

What the hell is a Diver License?
:D
Congrats! Glad to hear it went smooth!

That is for Divers!

Dani,

Thank you, it went very smooth and quick.

I typed the message while talking on phone! :p

MN

Shit..... Just got a letter from USCIS that my interview has been descheduled... 2 days before my interview!!! Can you belive this shit?! :mad:

Case Status Update

Hello All,
The news is that I got new IL for Jan 3, 2007. See the timeline below.

Interview for Self and spouse - same appt. date and time query

Fellow travellers,

I have a quick query - me and my spouse are scheduled to appear for interview at Oakland center and both have been given same appointment date and time for interview.

So are we going to be interviewed together or separately ? If separately, then how do we juggle original documents (like marriage cert. etc.) which we are supposed to carry for interview ?

Anyone here has had this exp. before ? Any suggestions how to tackle this situation will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ag

Last edited by a moderator:
We had the same schedule

AG,

My wife and I had the same schedule at Oakland but we where called at 20 min apart and my wife finished before I went in. Having said that officer never asked for any original apart from Green Card and Passport.

Hope that helps!

Thanks MN - Few Qs for you

MN,

did you take BART to Clay st. or you parked around Clay St. office ? Is there parking space available near Clay St. ?

also what were the questions asked during interview process from you and your wife ?

Appreciate your response,

Ag

I used BART

AG,

I took BART and you have to walk 1 block to go to office. Interview Officer went through all the application and confirmed every thing in the application quickly. I was asked to name the 13 states, benefits of citizenship, senators of California among other questions. And also I was asked to write " I will be a good US citizen."

MN

Interview Descheduled !

Hi

My interview was scheduled for 19 Jan 2007 and I got my IL on 29 Nov, 2006. Today I received a letter from USCIS saying that my Interview is descheduled :mad: ..Anyone in the same situation? My PD is July 7 2006.

Thanks!

xsigmax said:
Hi

My interview was scheduled for 19 Jan 2007 and I got my IL on 29 Nov, 2006. Today I received a letter from USCIS saying that my Interview is descheduled :mad: ..Anyone in the same situation? My PD is July 7 2006.

Thanks!

Hi xsigmax, I was in the same situation. I got my new IL 5 days after the descheduled notice (which I got 2 days before the 1st interview!)See my timeline.
Don't worry, you'll get another IL soon — usually it takes 'em a few days to issue a new IL after the originally scheduled interview date.
I know it blows - now you have to wait a little more, but at this point there's nothing one can do.
What the descheduled notice usually means is that either DO is backed up, or service center hasn't send some documents on time.
I would suggest to wait till the end of January, and if nothing happens schedule an infopass.
I really hope you'll get your new IL soon!
Best of luck to you and don't worry!

Thanks Dani for the encouraging words. It is really annoying! I hope to get next IL soon! Will keep updated. Gud luck for your interview. Do post your experiance here.