N-400 Interview

javalevi

Registered Users (C)
Interview on Sept 8 @ Federal Plaza. wish me luck fellas.

not prepared enough, never enough i guess.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2usz9ud.jpg

What "issues" are you worried about? It could just be a routine matter of supervisory review.

i didnt have my permanent resident card with me [as i was robbed at gun point last year and never replaced it], i produced a copy of the PR

I told the officer that i have a police report of the stolen PR, and i produced a copy of it.

i answered every question, and produced every document asked for. not sure why they didnt make an immediate deicsion by looking at them.

passed english/civics test etc etc.

usually how long do they take to make a decision?

i didnt have my permanent resident card with me [as i was robbed at gun point last year and never replaced it], i produced a copy of the PR

I told the officer that i have a police report of the stolen PR, and i produced a copy of it.

i answered every question, and produced every document asked for. not sure why they didnt make an immediate deicsion by looking at them.

If you had any convictions or arrests, it is standard procedure to have a supervisor review.

Similarly, if you have any other complications that might require supervisor review, you won't get an immediate decision. You have the obvious complication of a stolen green card, so they'll want some extra time to do stuff like contact the police department to see if the police report is genuine, check if anybody used the card to enter the US since it was stolen and figure out what to do about it (that activity could have resulted in stuff added to your file), etc.

If you had any convictions or arrests, it is standard procedure to have a supervisor review.

Similarly, if you have any other complications that might require supervisor review, you won't get an immediate decision. You have the obvious complication of a stolen green card, so they'll want some extra time to do stuff like contact the police department to see if the police report is genuine, check if anybody used the card to enter the US since it was stolen and figure out what to do about it (that activity could have resulted in stuff added to your file), etc.

officer looked at the report original and gave it back to me. i have no prior arrests. thanks for the reply.

fingers crossed.

oh, the officer asked about my canada trips (6 trips) a combined 19 days in last 5 years. i answered, about my racing hobby, thats why i went there frequently in the past. other than that i never left the country.

Officer was quiet professional and nice, unlike the first time we went there.

Last edited by a moderator:
typically, how long does it take for USCIS to make a deicision? still waiting......

Typically, everything is handled on a case-by-case basis and each case is unique. In addition, it could be a matter relating to the Officer rather than to you, perhaps the officer is new and still having every case checked by a supervisor.

nothing yet. been 3 weeks and awaiting...

do i have to wait 30 or 90 days before i can do an infopass?

nothing yet. been 3 weeks and awaiting...

do i have to wait 30 or 90 days before i can do an infopass?

You could schedule an Infopass tomorrow if you wanted to, but it wouldn't make much sense to schedule one before 30-45 days after your interview.

thanks all.

got email today.

"Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

On October 3, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que"

now....

what kind of documents do i need to bring for oath ceremony whenever that is....[appreciate any links to list of stuff]

dont have permanent resident card as it was stolen [got report copy with me, and showed to interviewer at IO as mentioned above] i only have copy.

will there be any more interviews? what do i need to do be prepared?

i have requested name change as i mentioned above...
On the N-445 in the section

Signed at and Full Signature....

should i sign my Newly requested name or Old name? or leave it blank and ask the IO?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks all.

got email today.

"Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

On October 3, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que"

now....

what kind of documents do i need to bring for oath ceremony whenever that is....[appreciate any links to list of stuff]

dont have permanent resident card as it was stolen [got report copy with me, and showed to interviewer at IO as mentioned above] i only have copy.

will there be any more interviews? what do i need to do be prepared?

i have requested name change as i mentioned above...
On the N-445 in the section

Signed at and Full Signature....

should i sign my Newly requested name or Old name? or leave it blank and ask the IO?

thanks in advance.

Bring valid alternate photo ID, remember to tell them that you completed a sworn statement about the lost card at the N-400 interview, don't sign the N-445 until you get there and check-in (but have a pen ready). IF anything arose between interview and Oath (foreign trip, arrest, divorce, bring evidence about it). Bring any old INS or USCIS documents (if any) such as REPs or EADs (you probably don't have any).

Thanks Joe.

Oath on Oct 19th.

End of one long journey (almost)

I remember the day i was supposed to meet my immigration attorney on 9/11/2001 who was in tower one, never found out what happened to him [long story short, i got little wasted at a party the night before woke up late and called the lawyer i couldnt make it and made appointment for 9/12]

:mad:

sheer stupidity on my own

got 2 tickets tonight, speeding [95 in 65] & careless driving in jersey tonight, [i have NY license, so there wont be any points as NY doesnt recognize other states speeding tickets, as long as i pay them i should be ok], officer said, it will be a few days before they can enter the tickets into the system. he also mentioned he is not CHECKING THE 'court appearance required'.

I have got 10 days till oath. i plan on paying the tickets, no points, no insurance raise i am not worried about that stuff [http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/tickets.htm]

n-445

"Have you been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined or imprisoned for
breaking or violating any law or ordinance, including traffic violations?"

and the nightmare starts uggggg....

:mad:

sheer stupidity on my own

got 2 tickets tonight, speeding [95 in 65] & careless driving in jersey tonight, [i have NY license, so there wont be any points as NY doesnt recognize other states speeding tickets, as long as i pay them i should be ok], officer said, it will be a few days before they can enter the tickets into the system. he also mentioned he is not CHECKING THE 'court appearance required'.

I have got 10 days till oath. i plan on paying the tickets, no points, no insurance raise i am not worried about that stuff [http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/tickets.htm]

n-445

"Have you been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined or imprisoned for
breaking or violating any law or ordinance, including traffic violations?"

and the nightmare starts uggggg....

Bring the ticket to show USCIS and if you have proof of payment, bring that too. They should just make a note that it is not disqualifying and/or that it was paid (IF it actually was paid at time of oath).

Citizenship Interview arrest records expunged - no court certified docs

Guys, I could use your experience/ thoughts on this one.

I was arrested and found not guilty for second degree assault (bar fight) in 2009. My lawyer immediately filed the form to have the records expunged. I disclosed it in my N400. I called the court and they said that they cannot provide certified records because I found not guilty and had records expunged. So, they offered to place an MD stamp on my deposition print out (stating reason and outcome). I sent this along with my form including the original copy of my expungement confirmation form the court. But the more I read the more I feel the IO will find these unsatifactory.

I will be going for my interview in Baltimore if that makes any difference.

Please let me know what your experience or thoughts are on this. Do IOs from MD know the unavailability of Certified Documents after expungement?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Guys, I could use your experience/ thoughts on this one.

I was arrested and found not guilty for second degree assault (bar fight) in 2009. My lawyer immediately filed the form to have the records expunged. I disclosed it in my N400. I called the court and they said that they cannot provide certified records because I found not guilty and had records expunged. So, they offered to place an MD stamp on my deposition print out (stating reason and outcome). I sent this along with my form including the original copy of my expungement confirmation form the court. But the more I read the more I feel the IO will find these unsatifactory.

I will be going for my interview in Baltimore if that makes any difference.

Please let me know what your experience or thoughts are on this. Do IOs from MD know the unavailability of Certified Documents after expungement?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Check the OTHER thread, you only need to post it once.

Bring the ticket to show USCIS and if you have proof of payment, bring that too. They should just make a note that it is not disqualifying and/or that it was paid (IF it actually was paid at time of oath).

I paid the ticket, costed me a total of 325$ for both tickets combined. i got 2 receipts one for each ticket.

i asked for court disposition, they said, they only can give receipts. the receipts look like freakin receipts from a deli store [atleast deli stores do a better job]. they do indicate the ticket number and payment details on it thats about it.

now my question is. is that enough or i will be at the mercy of IO if he can decide thats enough to give me my oath cert and NOT RESCHEDULE my oath date.

thanks.

I paid the ticket, costed me a total of 325$ for both tickets combined. i got 2 receipts one for each ticket.

i asked for court disposition, they said, they only can give receipts. the receipts look like freakin receipts from a deli store [atleast deli stores do a better job]. they do indicate the ticket number and payment details on it thats about it.

now my question is. is that enough or i will be at the mercy of IO if he can decide thats enough to give me my oath cert and NOT RESCHEDULE my oath date.

thanks.

What you have is all that is expected or possible for a traffic ticket. Even folks who have not yet paid will not be prevented from naturalization by rational USCIS Officers.