N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

Question in general:

I got my N-400 receipt and FP done last year. PD around 1st week of June. Would my application still be at VSC or would it have been forwarded to the Hartford Office after they send out the FP notice? Thanks.

jj-jet

Question in general:

I got my N-400 receipt and FP done last year. PD around 1st week of June. Would my application still be at VSC or would it have been forwarded to the Hartford Office after they send out the FP notice? Thanks.

jj-jet

The only way to know is when you go for the interview. They have all the paperwork with them during the interview. In fact they also have your Greencard paperwork (at least in my case, as I was asked a question relating to the evidence I had provided for proof of birthday during the greencard process).

The case status online is pretty much unreliable at this point. In my case, it still say that 'On .... we received your application ....and it is currently pending at our Vermont Service Center..'.

The only way to know is when you go for the interview. They have all the paperwork with them during the interview.
That is the issue here....I still did not get my IL (PD 1st week of July, '07) and I am trying to get a sense of whether the issue is at VSC or at Hartford D.O. In your case, did they mention the missing evidence in the receipt? Any input is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the issue here....I still did not get my IL (PD 1st week of July, '07) and I am trying to get a sense of whether the issue is at VSC or at Hartford D.O. In your case, did they mention the missing evidence in the receipt? Any input is appreciated.

There were no issues with my Citizenship application. The evidence was a very minor issue with my GC. I did not receive any RFE in relation to this.

Do you know if others around your PD have received ILs?

Yes, I do know someone with the exact same PD as mine, and the person got his IL a week ago. In my case, the comment was that I would be contacted in (about) 7 months for an interview. Nothing so far....and I dont know if the delay is from Hartford or VSC. I am not sure how to push the matter further other than to call the IO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, CTN400 and all others

My ID is May 6. I will share the experience with your guys.

My situation is I got married in China in October last year (during N400 application). So I should tell interview officer this change of marriage status. But I don't have the notarized marrige certificate with you right now. I read much of this forum. I figure I need the notarized marriage certificate for the Oath date, right?

Folks, we completed our interview today and got our oath letters. For June 20 in Bridgeport. Everything went smooth.. no problems at all. Very courteous officers. We arrived at 9:30... dropped the letters at the front desk. IO called us (one at a time) .. started off with regular questions / checked documents / tax returns / Civics questions. Once he updated records in the computer, gave us the oath letters. I asked if there is any earlier date available .. but no. So we walked out at 10:30 .. and drive back home. Very professional / courteous staff and everything went without a hitch. So now wait for June 20 and complete the process. Good luck to all you the folks who are waiting. It might seem waiting forever... but everyone's day will come. I am tied up a lot with my work (some travel too) ..so I will try to answer any questions folks might have regd my experience in Hartford - as early as possible. Thank you

Interview experience

Hi all.

Like Rembi, I did interview at 1:30 pm today and got the Oath letter at the end of interview. The OD is June 11 at New Haven. Actually, I asked if there is any earlier date at other places. The officer looked around and said that is the earliest time.

I went in around 12:30 and dropped the letter at Receiption, waited until 1:35pm. Then the officer called me in. As everyone says, he is very polite and even showed me the Men's room and waited outside.

The interview started with letting me Raise right hand and Swear to tell nothing but the truth. Then he went through my N400 and asked some questions like "do I still work at the same company, do I still live in the same address, tax, any arrests, jail, terror org.....". Also I told him I just married in last Ocotber. So he updated marriage status and my wife's info in my N400.

I cann't remember all the test questions. Here is what I remember:

Govnenor
435 house reps
4 year term for president
13 strips for fisrt 13 states

Overall process is 20 mins. if you have any specific questions, please ask me.

Good luck to you all

Dear everyone,

I completed my interview today and got my OL as well. Here is the details:

Interview schedule 12:30PM today. I got there around 12:00pm, and was called in 12:13 to be exact, and finished 12:35pm. Everything went smoothly. At the end, the officer gave me the oath letter dated on June 27th at Bridgeport.

First: Swear that you will tell the truth and nothing but the truth.
Second: Ask your passport and GC
Third: go through the application and make sure nothing changed. Since I have a baby after filed the application, therefore submit the baby's birth certificate.
Forth: Ask you some questions which are stated in the application, such as " have you claimed you are the US citizen?"..." have you been arrest ....", " are you willing to bear arms if the law requires....."
Fifth: 6 civic questions. nothing difficult.
A: what the color of our flag;
B: who is the current president;
C: who will be the president if the president and vice die;
sorry, i don't remember the rest. By the way, he did ask me who the "speaker of house" is. I said "Nancy something", I did not remember her last name. He said that it is OK as long as you know she is Nancy. :)

Fifth: Write short sentence: His wife is at work right now.
That was it. At the end, he said :" normally I mail the oath letter, but today is your lucky day, nothing will prevend you to be sworn in the court .... any more." , and gave me the Oath letter date.

All the documents he asked for are copy of my baby's birth certificate and two photos.

Advises: get new photos just in case.

I think he is the formal Navy guy.

Good luck whoever is still anxiously waiting..... It shall pass!!

Dear everyone,

I completed my interview today and got my OL as well. Here is the details:

Interview schedule 12:30PM today. I got there around 12:00pm, and was called in 12:13 to be exact, and finished 12:35pm. Everything went smoothly. At the end, the officer gave me the oath letter dated on June 27th at Bridgeport.

First: Swear that you will tell the truth and nothing but the truth.
Second: Ask your passport and GC
Third: go through the application and make sure nothing changed. Since I have a baby after filed the application, therefore submit the baby's birth certificate.
Forth: Ask you some questions which are stated in the application, such as " have you claimed you are the US citizen?"..." have you been arrest ....", " are you willing to bear arms if the law requires....."
Fifth: 6 civic questions. nothing difficult.
A: what the color of our flag;
B: who is the current president;
C: who will be the president if the president and vice die;
sorry, i don't remember the rest. By the way, he did ask me who the "speaker of house" is. I said "Nancy something", I did not remember her last name. He said that it is OK as long as you know she is Nancy. :)

Fifth: Write short sentence: His wife is at work right now.
That was it. At the end, he said :" normally I mail the oath letter, but today is your lucky day, nothing will prevend you to be sworn in the court .... any more." , and gave me the Oath letter date.

All the documents he asked for are copy of my baby's birth certificate and two photos.

Advises: get new photos just in case.

I think he is the formal Navy guy.

Good luck whoever is still anxiously waiting..... It shall pass!!

Congratulations !! Interesting that you received oath letter on the spot..it would be nice if every DO worked like this.

Dear All,

I completed my Interview and got the OL for July 18th in Bridgeport. Here are the details:

I was called 5 mins after my scheduled time.

- Swear that you will tellt he truth and nothing but the truth.

Please produce your Passport, GC, Drivers License.

- How did you get your GC?
- Who was the employer that sponspored GC?
- How long did you work for that employer?
- Who is your current employer? I changed my employer since I applied for N400 so the new employers details were noted down.
- Did you travel outside US after applying for N400? All the travel dates were verified from the passport and cross checked.
- Did you ever spend more than 6 months outside US?

Civics Questions:
What are the colors of American Flag?
How many branches do we have?
What is the most important benefit of being a Citizen?
How many justices do we have in supreme court?
Who is the current Commander in Cheif of our Country?
What are the qualifications to become a president of USA?

- What is your Social Security Number? I had my Social Security Card and presented it.
- Why is your last name abbreviated on your birth certificate? explained that that's how they do it back home and substantiated it with birth certificate affidavits. They did have those on my GC file that was there beneath the N400 docs.
- How many children do you have? Gave my answers and produced copies of birth certificates.
- Where did you do your graduation?
- What is your wife's name?
- How long did you stay at your current residence?
- Do you support the constitution of the United States?

- Are you current in paying taxes? I answered and produced the tax transcripts from IRS. I was then asked for my state transcripts which I didn't take with me. I then assured that I am up to date with my state returns and promised to fax it back to them. I was given the fax number to send those docs.

- Are you willing to take oath? Mention the aspects that you will be taking the oath for? I answered in affirmative and explained about 2 bullet points that I memorized from the N400 form. I was then asked if I would be willing to renounce my current citizenship and become a US Citizen.

- Was asked to write a sentence in English.
- Was asked to read a sentence in English.
- Was asked all the yes / no questions that were already there in N400 application.
- Was asked to print my name and sign my name on the N400 form.
- Was asked to Print my name on the photographs.

I was then handed over my Oath Letter and was requested to fax the tax returns promptly by end of the day.

Here are my 2 cents:

Take copies of Federal and State tax returns for 5 years
Take copies of Birth Certificate for self and family members
Take copies of Marriage Certificate.
Take original Social Security Card with you.

Good Luck to all in waiting.

Cheers.

Received IL

Hi All, we received our interview letters today.
My PD: 7/27/2007
My ID: 8/7/2008

My Wife's PD: 7/29/2007
My Wife's ID: 8/12/2008

Hello all,

I am new to this portal. I applied my Citizenship from
Connecticut.

I am from India and Here are My N 400 Details.

Received Date July 26, 2007
Priority Date July 26, 2007
Notice date Sept 17, 2007
Check Cleared Aug 08, 2007
Finger Print OCT 05, 2007
Interview Date Aug 05, 2008

Please let me know what is the next step to proceed.

Thanks
Namita

Hartford, CT Tracking

Here is my Processing Info -

Received Date : March 28, 2007
Priority Date : March 28, 2007
Finger Print : May 01, 2007
Interview Date : Feb 28, 2008 ( Notice Date - December 18, 2007 )
Interview Cancel Notice Dt : January 23, 2008
Rescheduled Interview Date : April 7, 2008 ( Notice Date - February 14, 2008 )
Oath Date : June 13, 2008
Passport Applied on : June 14, 2008 (Normal Processing)
Passport Received on : June 24,2008

Hello all,

I am new to this portal. I applied my Citizenship from
Connecticut.

I am from India and Here are My N 400 Details.

Received Date July 26, 2007
Priority Date July 26, 2007
Notice date Sept 17, 2007
Check Cleared Aug 08, 2007
Finger Print OCT 05, 2007
Interview Date Aug 05, 2008

Please let me know what is the next step to proceed.

Thanks
Namita

Goto the interview, wish they can give you the OL right away, take the oath, get on a plane, go to the Caribbean, make a party, drink a Pina Colada and think about all of us who are stuck in this forum.-
:cool::cool::cool:

TEL # to call?

What number does one call to check the status? I tried online but the message says it is unable to retrieve my file? I have an * after the ESC. My timeline:

PD 3/21/08
FP notice 4/01/08
FP 4/15/08
???????

Good luck to everyone!

Dear aspirants,

I have an arrest record for DUI from 2003. The case was dismissed in pre-trial and I was acquitted.

I supplied all of this information along with my N400 and I received the notice of action I-797 with a "Missing evidence - needs to be provided during the time of interview. U will be notified under a seperate notice of the necessary evidence that you will be required to bring to the interview"

Now since then, I got the FP notice and got them done on Dec 14th. I haven't heard anything since.

I am a little worried and feel that I need to act because my wife's interview has come through for 8/18 (we both applied same time and FP notices came together).

Any advice you folks can give me will be helpful .. Do I need to call Hartford ? The USCIS phone was not helpful at all. If i need to call Hartford, can someone please post a phone number ?

Thank you very much.