N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

CTN400,
Congrats on your wifes I-130 approval. Can you let me know if you had to attach Affadavit of support (I-134) with your I-130 application.

Thanks

Affidavit of Support (AOS) is needed after your I-130 is approved. It is not I-134. For IR1/CR1, it is I-864.

I-134 AOS is used ONLY for non-immigrant visa applications.

Congrats, CTN400.

I got one question for you. Can I apply I-130 for my wife while I am still waiting for my interview(May 6) for my citizenship? Thanks

Yes, you can file her I-130 based on your Greencard status. And when you become U.S citizen after the oath ceremony, you can upgrade your I-130 with USC status.

Since you are very close to your citizenship, your gain will be negligible.

Please post your interview experiences

GOOSIA and CTN400APPLICANT - Can you please post your Interview experience?

Thanks

No Oath Letter so far

Congrats VBN400 for your successful interview ! Your oath letter will be mailed out by tomorrow and you'll get it by Friday. I had similar experience, little complicated than yours.

Hi CTN400,

I don't know why it's taking the Hartford DO to set up my Oath Date. I talked with the IO twice since February 11th (my ID) and got the same response. They said that I'll get my Oath Date by mail and the application has been approved. First the wait for the IL took so long now the wait for the Oath Date is taking so long. I guess, I just have to wait and wait. I can't proceed with my US passport, OCI card, etc., until I get the Oath Date. Anybody else having similar issues (waiting for Oath Date) with ID around Feb/Mar 2008?

VBN400

Hi CTN400,

I don't know why it's taking the Hartford DO to set up my Oath Date. I talked with the IO twice since February 11th (my ID) and got the same response. They said that I'll get my Oath Date by mail and the application has been approved. First the wait for the IL took so long now the wait for the Oath Date is taking so long. I guess, I just have to wait and wait. I can't proceed with my US passport, OCI card, etc., until I get the Oath Date. Anybody else having similar issues (waiting for Oath Date) with ID around Feb/Mar 2008?

VBN400

Normally, it would take only a month after the interview for oath. Since 2 months are passed, you need to open and Infopass with Hartford DO and check the status. Good luck VBN400!!!

USCIS has up to 120 days after the interview to notify you of a decision on your case. In the mean time you can contact an IO by phone or via Infopass for any updates on your case.

Folks,

My PD/FP dates are pretty close to that of Srinivas123 (actually, earlier than his dates by a few days). I know someone else with practically the same PD as mine, and they got their IL a couple of days ago. I checked the on-line status of my N-400 and it is the same message that was there for a while: Case Received and Pending.

Is this 'normal' or is it time to call an IO? Any input would be appreciated.

jj jet

P.S: CTN400, I've been following this thread for a while. You're doing a great service keeping this thread alive and moving.

Normally, it would take only a month after the interview for oath. Since 2 months are passed, you need to open and Infopass with Hartford DO and check the status. Good luck VBN400!!!

Hi CTN400,

I did use the Infopass to check the status once in March and once in April and both times they told me that the application has been approved but waiting for Oath Dates. I even requested the IO to tell me approximately how long it might take to set up an Oath Date for me and the IO told me that it could be next day, next week or next month. I told the IO that I have plans to go to India in June/July and that I could not make plans until I got the Oath Date. The IO said that they couldn't tell. Should I contact the Senators or somebody or just wait until they send the Oath Letter. It's been more than 120 days since my ID.

Thanks

USCIS has up to 120 days after the interview to notify you of a decision on your case. In the mean time you can contact an IO by phone or via Infopass for any updates on your case.

Thanks for the response. I did contact the IO via Infopass twice and both times they said that the application has been approved but just waiting for OD.

Hi CTN400,

I did use the Infopass to check the status once in March and once in April and both times they told me that the application has been approved but waiting for Oath Dates. I even requested the IO to tell me approximately how long it might take to set up an Oath Date for me and the IO told me that it could be next day, next week or next month. I told the IO that I have plans to go to India in June/July and that I could not make plans until I got the Oath Date. The IO said that they couldn't tell. Should I contact the Senators or somebody or just wait until they send the Oath Letter. It's been more than 120 days since my ID.

Thanks

Yes VBN400, you should contact senator/congressperson and ask them to enquire further.

Chances are they will give you the same response the IO gave you, although it will give you correspondence evidence if you need/decide to file 1447(b) lawsuit after the 120 day deadline.

My wife and I successfully completed our interview today. Surprisingly, we were also given our Oath Letter at the end of the interview process. Oath date is for 5/16.

Good luck to the next batch of interviewees!!!