N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

bravia, welcome to the Hartford thread. Here is my guess about this.
I think Hartford DO has fewer IOs to do the interviews. So they have a set number of people they will send ILs and plan 2 months in advance (with vacations / holidays etc). For example folks who got their ILs late Feb have interviews in April (2 months later). So when have reached the maximum number of people they can interview during the month of April, they will stop scheduling more until they can plan for the month of May. It will be a pain in the situations like yours where you might have to go with your wife for her interview on April 30th and then go back for yours a week or so later. I am sure you will receive your IL soon .. but please note the experience on this thread is that usually ILs go out in batches usually in the last 2 week (ends) of the month. Good luck !

My PD (any my wife's too) is June 1 so I am hoping we will get our ILs together so that we can go together and get it done.

Thanks. I was really concerned thinking that my IL got lost in the mail. When I check the automated system for both of our cases, the same old message is repeated even though her IL has been received. Is that the case with others who have received their IL? Thanks

For the sake of the people readying themselves for the interview, can we refresh our checklists of what we should be taking with us to the interview?

For starters, I have the following,

- Interview Letter
- Green Card
- Passport
- Five Year Tax Returns/transcripts
- Utility Bill (Telephone, Electricity)
- Marraige Certificate
- Birth Certificate / Affidavit
- DMV record for traffic violation
and traffic ticket completion proof
- DMV driving history (last 5 yrs)
- Driver's License
- 2 Identical Color Photos (just in case)
- Paystubs
- quarters /coins for parking

Anything else guys?
Thanks,

bravia, the online status is very unreliable. So dont rely the changes in that message.

CTN400Applicant, let me add a couple more

1) Selective Service letter
2) any old expired passports too

bravia, the online status is very unreliable. So dont rely the changes in that message.

CTN400Applicant, let me add a couple more

1) Selective Service letter
2) any old expired passports too

Rembi/CTN400Applicant, let me add couple more:

1) Social Security Card
2) Employment Letter
3) Your past immigration docs such as H1B filing, Labor Certification, I-140, I-485 etc., just in case

I can move anywhere in the country.

Which is the best place in the US to start citizenship processing so as to get USC in the shortest time possible and has the fastest processing time

Please help

What's the rush? Are factors such as cost of living, relocation costs, weather, job opportunities, state taxes, etc. so unimportant to you that you're going to ignore them just to get citizenship a few months sooner? And don't forget that once you move to a new state or district, you have an extra 3-month wait already.

What's the rush? Are factors such as cost of living, relocation costs, weather, job opportunities, state taxes, etc. so unimportant to you that you're going to ignore them just to get citizenship a few months sooner? And don't forget that once you move to a new state or district, you have an extra 3-month wait already.

You're right Jackolantern. Some states take 5-6 months to complete naturalization where as others take 11-12 months. But inorder to qualify, one needs to wait 3 months after the move. So basically, net gain would be couple of months.

If you move within the district of the state, 3 months criteria is not applicable. I moved from one county to another within the state and immediately applied my N-400. There was no issue. But if you change the state, yes.

I am going to apply for citizenship in the middle of next year so I can take the 3 month hit :D

Is the west coast WA, CA, etc faster than the east coast NY, NJ, CT, etc ?

One factor to consider is that a DO that is fast today may not be fast tomorrow. 1 year is an eternity in these matters. Someone can make a 3000 mile cross-country move only to find out that the new DO has slowed down. No guarantees on anything, but something to keep in mind, so that one doesn't get caught by suprise if that were to happen.

Regards.

OY

I got screwed in Hartford during the GC processing and I want to avoid the same for citizenship processing.

Sorry for asking all these questions.

But it's probably like the stock market. Very hard to time.

Nothing new...just waiting for the interview

Hello Rembi:

so far nothing yet for me ...

bravia, SD63, newhaven .. any updates from your side please ?

I know it is tough...but just hang in there...you should receive your IL soon..

Best wishes!!!

No luck Rembi. Still waiting. I will definitely keep everyone posted on this board once I hear something. Thanks