N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

He said that I should be receiving a decision in a few weeks. Does anyone have a similar experience of not being given the oath date at the time of interview?

VBN400
VSC-Hartford DO
PD: 03/08/2007
FP: 04/13/2007
IL Received: Last week of December 2007
Interview Date: 02/11/2008
Oath Letter: XX/XX/XXXX
Oath Date: XX/XX/XXXX

Congrats VBN400 for your successful interview ! Your oath letter will be mailed out by tomorrow and you'll get it by Friday. I had similar experience, little complicated than yours.

Thanks CTN400 for the update. I feel much better now. I was kind of worried until I saw your post. I had heard from my other friends that they had got their Oath dates at the time of interview itself and that was bothering me. Thanks again. Will post when I receive my Oath letter.

VBN400

CTN 400, how long does it take to receive your Oath Letter

My interview was on 11/08/2007 and I went to India on 11/09/2007. USCIS had mailed the oath letter on 11/09/2007 (post marked) and it was in my mailbox when I came back to the U.S on 12/04/2007.

Hi all,
I received my Interview letter. Interview is on March 31st.

Congrats CTN400Applicant ! So you're all set.

When I was naturalized, it used to take 10 months between PD and ID. Now it takes around 11 months. Hartford is damn slow... Good luck to rest of the guys and your day will come sooner.

Hi guys!
Good news, I received today my interview letter for April 15th:)
My priority date is May 11th not 17th as I said before and as it is noted in the spread sheet.
Good luck to rest of you!!

Hi guys!
Good news, I received today my interview letter for April 15th:)
My priority date is May 11th not 17th as I said before and as it is noted in the spread sheet.
Good luck to rest of you!!

Congrats Goosiaa ! That's great. Looks like Hartford started pacing up from the sleep :)

Congrats Goosiaa and CTN400Applicant.... This is good news for me (also) who is right behind you. Hartford is slower than most of the other VSC DOs (Boston, Newark, NYC) and this makes us feel better now that they are sending out ILs a little faster. I was on a business trip for 2 weeks and back now. So I will have to update my N400 during the interview with this trip I updated the spreadsheet with goosiaa's IL and updated his PD too.

Received Interview Letter

My wife and I received our Interview letters for April 24th. Our priority date is 5/24/07.

I have attached the modified spreadsheet.

Best wishes to all.

Alright .. SD63 Congratulations !!

Quick question .. what does your online status say ? any updates there ?

My wife and I received our Interview letters for April 24th. Our priority date is 5/24/07.

I have attached the modified spreadsheet.

Best wishes to all.

What's happening !!! Hartford DO has been really fired up !!! Great great news guys. Congrats to SD63 for your IL letter ! Rembi, you're inline next. You should get it in couple of days time. I am so delighted to see things are moving faster now with Hartford DO. Good job guys to maintain the spreadsheet too !

Online message

Alright .. SD63 Congratulations !!

Quick question .. what does your online status say ? any updates there ?

No change in the online message. Still says that "On June 12th, we received...". For my wife it says "On June 2nd ...". That's why I was worried because our PD was 5/24/07. But as mentioned by many of you in this forum, PD is the order by which USCIS is processing.

Looking forward to the interview and in the meantime best wishes to you REMBI as you are next!!!

Thank you .. I am excited too :) ..

My online message says "On June 11th we received ..." . But my PD in the NOA letter is June 1. So I am really hoping I will receive a IL soon too

Hello

I have some questions on citizenship.

(1) I got my green card aug 2004. When is the earliest date I can apply for citizenship ? Is it aug 2009 or aug 2008

(2) Do I need to be in the US during the process or can I do this from india or can I just come for the finger printing, interview and oath

(3) Do I need a lawyer for this process ?

Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi bobo2000,

1) Depending upon how you got your GC, the time period to wait for citizenship is different. If I assume that you got your GC - due to your employment -- then your wait of 4 years 9 months. So if you got your employment GC in Aug 2004 then you can apply for N400 in June 2009. Please look at this PDF document and it should tell you when you will be eligible to apply for citizenship. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/n-400ins.pdf

2) I am not sure if you can apply for citizenship from outside US. The intent for citizenship or even a GC) is that you will stay here. The general rule will be that you will have to reside within the US while applying for citizenship

3) If your case is a straight forward one (like many of us) then you dont need a lawyer. Many of the folks on this forum did it by themselves. Read the application instructions carefully and complete the N400 form and send it in with fee and pictures. (ofcourse when you are eligible to apply).

Good luck .. please search on this forum about your second question.. I saw many discussions about that point.

Nothing in mail for me today... may be I was a little anxious now that I am next in line to get the IL. It dumped 9 inches of snow here and I was hoping for an IL in the mailbox as I was clearing the driveway. :)

Nothing in mail for me today... may be I was a little anxious now that I am next in line to get the IL. It dumped 9 inches of snow here and I was hoping for an IL in the mailbox as I was clearing the driveway. :)

Good luck Rembi! You should get it in a week's time. I don't know whether Hartford is still sending ILs batch by batch.

I have filed my spouse's I-130 in Dec 2007 and it took just less than 2 months to get the Receipt Notice. Now they are current. Then I filed her I-129F, but it was so quick, received the Receipt Notice in a week. Now, another immigraton wait for the approvals. So, based on my experience, immigration never ends :)

BTW, NY Indian embassy received the OCI certificate from Delhi and I mailed my U.S passport for OCI U sticker stamping. I should get the passport back by the end of next week. Overall, OCI process took 2 months and that immigration journey is ending :)

We should keep another accounting head, just to keep track of immigration expenses :) Lack of peace of mind due to immigraton delay cannot be counted, that just reduces the life expectancy :)

Rembi, my PD is rgiht after you. Let's keep finger crossed.

CTN400, you are so inspiring