N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

Welcome to the thread desi_american. I added your information to the tracking spreadsheet.

a lot of new threads keep pushing this one back .. bumping back up again

When I read other threads where folks post that they got ILs (or done with Inteviews) with PDs after mine , I feel a little frustrated that I am waiting for more than 7 months now waiting for a IL... then I recover again quickly. Waiting is boring .. I wish Hartford DO sends ILs at a faster rate !!

finally my Interview was done today. Me and my wife reached the DO at 1:00, my wife was called in first at 1:30 and was called in by he same officer at 1:40. The entire process was over by 2:05.

There are lots of parking spaces in front of the building.

The interview was smooth. Officer was very courteous. He verified the information in the application. I changed my address and made an additional trip after i applied for citizenship and the name of my company changed. so he patiently modified all the information. I also made 12 trips outside US between my GC and now. The officer asked10 questions and I answered them correctly. He asked me to write a sentence and thats it. I am all set. He gave us the same oath time for both of us. Which is Jan 18th at 12:30 pm.

good luck to every one waiting for the interview.

finally my Interview was done today. Me and my wife reached the DO at 1:00, my wife was called in first at 1:30 and was called in by he same officer at 1:40. The entire process was over by 2:05.

There are lots of parking spaces in front of the building.

The interview was smooth. Officer was very courteous. He verified the information in the application. I changed my address and made an additional trip after i applied for citizenship and the name of my company changed. so he patiently modified all the information. I also made 12 trips outside US between my GC and now. The officer asked10 questions and I answered them correctly. He asked me to write a sentence and thats it. I am all set. He gave us the same oath time for both of us. Which is Jan 18th at 12:30 pm.

good luck to every one waiting for the interview.

Congrats DNIVRAB and family for your successful interview and good luck to oath too !!!

Hey Guys,
Oath Ceremony were completd sucessfuly.There were 50 people (plus friends, relatives)It was at 8:30 and took one and half hour. Preety Straight forward......
I am glad that this chapter is over but Immigration journey continues......

Hey Guys,
Oath Ceremony were completd sucessfuly.There were 50 people (plus friends, relatives)It was at 8:30 and took one and half hour. Preety Straight forward......
I am glad that this chapter is over but Immigration journey continues......

Congrats MEEK1234 !!!

Hello,

Application N400 mailed for both me and spouse together in same USPS mail but with separate packets and two separate checks. Received letter from them today. Details are as below:

Application mailed: December 18, 2007
Priority Date: December 27, 2007

It says they will contact us within next 212 days.

What happens from here Next?

Thanks,

Welcome dineshgk. Next step for you will be Finger Printing. You should get the notice soon. I got my receipt and FP notices together. After you are done with your FP, then you wait :). Right now for Hartford the wait is around 9 - 10 months. As per the trend we are watching here on this thread, folks with March 2007 PD got their interview letters in December 2007, and we are hoping that folks with April 2007 PD might get their ILs this month (Jan 2008).

I added your information to this tracking spreadsheet we maintain here. Take a look at it and it will show you the trends (all this information is provided by good folks on this thread and it is not official). Good luck.

Thanks Rembi.

This spreadsheet is really neat.

I just got the Letter (I-797C, Notice of Action) which mentions the application number, Receipt Date and Priority Date (Dec 27, 2007). This letter does not mentions anything about FP. I guess they are busy and would be sending FP letter separately.

Thanks,

Thankyou Everyone... Nice to be a part of this forum.

I rceived the FP notice today for 2/1/2008.

Just got caught in timing.... My wife has gone to India and will return on 2/2/2008... A day after the date.... I will have to call and ask them to postpone the FP date.

Any idea when the next FP can be... next week? next month? or just walk-in.

Thanks,

Can you guys who completed oath ceremony please throw some light on the following ? Are the documents listed in the oath letter enough to bring during oath ? Those are basically oath letter, green card, document for marital status change if any, passports to show travel outside the U.S after the interview etc.

Do you recommend any other docs other than the above ? Or is it safe to take all the files produced during the interview ?

Hello CTN400,

My oath ceremony is scheduled for 1/28/08. Let me add one more thing in your rest of the questions. Do we need to care about our face look? For example, with and without beard, which does not same as photos you have provided during Interview.
If some body may have this experience please share for help.

Thankyou Everyone... Nice to be a part of this forum.

I rceived the FP notice today for 2/1/2008.

Just got caught in timing.... My wife has gone to India and will return on 2/2/2008... A day after the date.... I will have to call and ask them to postpone the FP date.

Any idea when the next FP can be... next week? next month? or just walk-in.

Thanks,

dineshgk, it is better to get the FP done on the appointment date they sent you the notice. I would not recommend postponing the FP appointment. Just my 2 cents ... unless you have a real reason for you to move it out it is better to get it done.

Hello CTN400,

My oath ceremony is scheduled for 1/28/08. Let me add one more thing in your rest of the questions. Do we need to care about our face look? For example, with and without beard, which does not same as photos you have provided during Interview.
If some body may have this experience please share for help.

It doesn't matter OATH_OATH. They don't even look at us during oath ceremony :) It's just the distribution of the naturalization certificate, that's all.

It doesn't matter OATH_OATH. They don't even look at us during oath ceremony :) It's just the distribution of the naturalization certificate, that's all.

Thanks CTN400. I see how you start this thread in your very difficult time. I am glad you went through at least for you now. I hope you may get all that for your new wife also without any hessel.

You are correct they may not even look at me but I'll keep my new photo ready in case..............:)

Thanks for all your help for others.

Good luck to all of you.

Thanks CTN400. I see how you start this thread in your very difficult time. I am glad you went through at least for you now. I hope you may get all that for your new wife also without any hessel.

You are correct they may not even look at me but I'll keep my new photo ready in case..............:)

Thanks for all your help for others.

Good luck to all of you.

Good luck to your oath ceremony for oath_oath ! You wouldn't have any issues during oath, I bet. Most toughest part is the interview if there are complications in the application like mine :)

In my case, the officer challenged me that he would call my ex-spouse to discuss the domestic violence between ex and me. Because of my useless ex-spouse, I got arrested and after 6 months, the criminal case got disposed without the conviction. He even collected the divorce papers filed by her in the court, where all kind of non-sense were stuffed by her to get my property, alimony, child support etc. Now I am paying only the child support and the property was divided equally - all my hard earned money.

I was little confused at his question, but didn't lose my nerve and replied if he wants he could contact her, but requested him to believe me. I believe he didn't contact her and the next day he sent the oath letter. If I were not the U.S citizen, I would have left this great country forever to stay with my new wife together. Now I am so proud to be the U.S citizen and filed her I-130 on the same day just after the oath ceremony and watching USCIS and other immigration sites every day :)

I wish good luck to all guys here for their citizenship !