N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

Folks:

One of my friends is applying for naturalization in a couple of days, also based in CT.

He recently had a small issue at the mall where the shopkeeper though he had picked up something at the store. When he stepped out of the store, she followed him and called the security guards (who in turn called the cops). They questioned him, checked his bags etc, but found nothing on him and they just let him go. During the interrogation the cops did call someone on the phone to verify his name and I'm guessing to check if he had any previous criminal issues (he has none).

Can this cause any problems in his processing. Also, he was not given any tickets, arrested or anything so should he answer "Yes" to any of the questions on the N400 form in the criminal history questions??

I donit think this is even considered a citation since it was a simple misunderstanding and he was clean and they let him go.

I don't think he should mention it on N-400. But it is my individual thought.

I don't think he should mention it on N-400. But it is my individual thought.

Ok. I guess his main worry is that they didn't find anything on him and let him go... no citation, no ticket, no court date, nothing... but can they still try to press charges and try to bring him to court? I told him that they had no basis for this since he was clean, but he still wanted to me ask on this forum and get more than one opinion.

Thanks!!

palluji1,

I think Freedom of Information Act should be able help your friend. He should be able to get any pending proceedings from that incident by contacting the police dept that searched him.

I am guessing here .. but they should give him if there are any pending proceedings if goes to the police dept.

Hi Pipz applied passport and recieve today...good to luck to CTN and to all of you...

Congrats NHOTSKIE ! So you completed the immigration journey. No more USCIS :) No more Interstates like I-95, I-90, I-140, I-485 etc. and no more National Highways like N-400, N-600 etc.

Did you apply in person at Norwalk Passport Agency for your PP ? I am also planning for walk-in.

Also, I changed my mind. I will travel only after oath. I do not want to take any risk only for a month's time between interview and oath. Let me see how the vacation from the employer works out.

Congrats NHOTSKIE ! So you completed the immigration journey. No more USCIS :) No more Interstates like I-95, I-90, I-140, I-485 etc. and no more National Highways like N-400, N-600 etc.

Did you apply in person at Norwalk Passport Agency for your PP ? I am also planning for walk-in.

Also, I changed my mind. I will travel only after oath. I do not want to take any risk only for a month's time between interview and oath. Let me see how the vacation from the employer works out.

Yes CTN, i come with my appointment... i was oath last friday 7th and have appointment on monday 10th..actually u can wait ur passport if u will travel in nxt 72 hours.. but i do overnight mailing..very fast processing here in norwalk finally USCIS is over to me ...i like ur judgement u do a wise decision u will paid that after all.. gudluck for ur marriage in the near future..

P.s my status in website is still " Case still pending" are theire system got a virus? they might need to clean up some spyworm:D :cool:

Hello all,

I just had my interview in Hartford today and wanted to share my experience with fellow CT appliers.

My dates:
Applied N400 - Nov 30, 2006
Receipt date - Dec 4, 2006
FP notice - Dec 12, 2006
FP date - Dec 26, 2006
Interview notice - July 16, 2007
Interview date - Sept 12, 2007
Oath date - Sept 26

Based on what i had read on all the forums, i carried every document possible.

The hartford office opens up at 7.30. After passing security, head to the 4th floor. My appt was at 8 and there were around 4-5 people who got there at 7.30 with me. I dont think it is to anyones advantage to get there so early. Once you get the interview office, you have to submit your appt letter and wait for them to call you. I was called my interview at 8.10. However did not feel like there was any order to which they were calling out folks...some folks were asked to come as soon as they put their appt letter on the shelf... others had to wait a little longer.

The interviewing officer was very polite and courteous. She asked me to swear that everything i say will be the truth. After that she asked for my GC and passport and started verifying the details on the N400 application. Since i got married since i submitted my application she asked for my marriage certificate and husbands details.

She went over the trips i had taken outside the US and verified it against my passport. Also went over all the moral character questions ( everything on the N 400 application). MAKE sure you know the stuff on your N400 application very well!

She did not ask me to read anything. She did ask me to write a short sentence. When it came time to the questions she said i need to get 6 out of 10 correct. Below are the q's i was asked.

Who is the current president
When was the constitution written
What are the colors on the US flag
Who becomes president if the presi and vp die

2 more that i cant remember. Point is.. if you learn the 100 questions, you'll be set.

She asked me to print my name on a form and told me the oath ceremony will be in fairfield. She gave me the option to attend whichever was convenient ( fairfield or hartford). I chose fairfield since its closer to home and the date is earlier.

I asked her if i will be getting in the mail - Response "nope, this is it! you've got the oath letter!"

So guys thats my summary. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Hello all,

I just had my interview in Hartford today and wanted to share my experience with fellow CT appliers.

My dates:
Applied N400 - Nov 30, 2006
Receipt date - Dec 4, 2006
FP notice - Dec 12, 2006
FP date - Dec 26, 2006
Interview notice - July 16, 2007
Interview date - Sept 12, 2007
Oath date - Sept 26

Congrats PSUBABE ! I have updated your details in the spreadsheet. Good luck to oath too !

Hello everybody !!

I went to my interview this morning in Hartford 9:30 a.m., arrived minutes early,they called me 10 minutes later , was a friendly gentleman, but very slow at the time of making the interview, my interview took like 40 minutes, he went step by step, question for question, He asked me taxes of the last 5 years ,he asked me too if I have traffic ticket and I show my DMV record also he wants to see my married certificate (my case this based on the 5 years not of marriage) he made me sign my photos and also the last part of my the application, After that he began with the test, was a 6 questions , all correct, he made me read a sentence and finally he made me write a sentence.
After all, he told me ,he need to check my application just a little bit more and he said , he will send my ceremony letter by mail, I ask him ,if is gonna take a long time and he said , no is gonna be soon, but the curious thing is he doesn't give any document that indicates that it passed the test…

I hope that this helps

Thanks and a good luck everyone

Yes CTN, i come with my appointment... i was oath last friday 7th and have appointment on monday 10th..actually u can wait ur passport if u will travel in nxt 72 hours.. but i do overnight mailing..very fast processing here in norwalk finally USCIS is over to me ...i like ur judgement u do a wise decision u will paid that after all.. gudluck for ur marriage in the near future..

P.s my status in website is still " Case still pending" are theire system got a virus? they might need to clean up some spyworm:D :cool:

NHOTSKIE, I can see in online system, so many (dozens) cases (4-5 years old) still pending. I am not supposed to do, but I searched random. That's why they increased the fee to by new hardware/software and cleanup the viruses :)

Hello everybody !!

I went to my interview this morning in Hartford 9:30 a.m., arrived minutes early,they called me 10 minutes later , was a friendly gentleman, but very slow at the time of making the interview, my interview took like 40 minutes, he went step by step, question for question, He asked me taxes of the last 5 years ,he asked me too if I have traffic ticket and I show my DMV record also he wants to see my married certificate (my case this based on the 5 years not of marriage) he made me sign my photos and also the last part of my the application, After that he began with the test, was a 6 questions , all correct, he made me read a sentence and finally he made me write a sentence.
After all, he told me ,he need to check my application just a little bit more and he said , he will send my ceremony letter by mail, I ask him ,if is gonna take a long time and he said , no is gonna be soon, but the curious thing is he doesn't give any document that indicates that it passed the test…

I hope that this helps

Congrats ottoreyna ! So DMV record helped you out, huh !

You should get oath letter soon. Good luck to oath too !

So Hartford is moving as per the stats, I hope it should improve little bit in future. Currently, it takes 10 months from Priority date to Interview date, which is little longer compared to last year's 5 months time frame.

Hello everybody !!

I hope that this helps

Congrats Ottoreyna!! You are almost there. You should be receiving the Oath letter in the mail soon!!

Just a couple of quick questions:
1. do you remember what room # you were called in?
2. Why would they want to see your marriage cert if it's not based on the 3 year rule? Did the interviewer say why?
3. Did you give them new photographs or did he make you sign the photos you had sent as part of your N400 application?

Thank you!

Hello everybody !!

I hope that this helps

ottoreyna,
I think you interviewed with the same guy as I did.... He said the same thing to me at the end of the interview and I received my oath letter within 5 days. So keep your fingers crossed. Good luck!

Hello CT786

I agree with you , I think it was the same guy , he is little fat , but my questions is , he doesn't gave you a proof the you pass the test , because he doesn't gave nothing , he only told me , he will send my ceremony letter by mail

Thanks

Hello CT786

I agree with you , I think it was the same guy , he is little fat , but my questions is , he doesn't gave you a proof the you pass the test , because he doesn't gave nothing , he only told me , he will send my ceremony letter by mail

Thanks

He didn't give me any piece of paper too stating that I passed.

Hello Palluji1

about your questions ...

The room I don't remember, only I know is the same from the interview letter 401, he ask me for my married certificate because I suppose they want the check everything, finally I sign the same photos that I sent with my application..

Good luck and I wait for news very soon

Doesn't the naturalization certificate indicate what the marital status is? I would think that if something changes from the time you file the N-400, they would want to see the certifiable proof of the change.

Hi CT N400 and other guys.
I have sent emai to congressman last week (sunday) as of today i havent received any thing from them. I got the letter from USCIS one month ago that my file is waitng for available dates. So i will wait one or two week if i can get any response from congressman otherwise i will go for info pass.

Hi CT N400 and other guys.
I have sent emai to congressman last week (sunday) as of today i havent received any thing from them. I got the letter from USCIS one month ago that my file is waitng for available dates. So i will wait one or two week if i can get any response from congressman otherwise i will go for info pass.

Meek1234, Just wait one more week for the letter from congressman and next batch. By Sep 22nd, ILs should be on the hand of the guys who will be in this batch. Hopefully, Sep batch will be published on Sep 17th or 18th.