N-400 Good Moral Character (GMC) Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, next time somebody obsessed with traffic tickets comes to this forum, we'll know whom to suspect ;)

Bobsmyth, thank you for confirming my sneaking suspicion and saving me the effort of posting a lengthy response. I had a feeling that he's been on the forum under a different user name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still waiting for ANYONE to explain the ambiguity in the form instructions. NOBODY HAS!

IF you cannot reply directly to that and ONLY that, then please don't post anything. Quit cluttering my thread. Answer directly or shut the heck up!

I've read all the half-baked excuses about why Mr. or Ms.X thinks is OK to conceal facts A, B and C. I have always replied the same. Spill your guts on an N-400 BUT check with a lawyer first if you have any REAL criminal issues.

N-400 Instructions for part 10:

"Answer each question by checking ''Yes'' or ''No.'' If any part of a question applies to you, you must answer ''Yes.'' For example, if you were never arrested but were once detained by a police officer,check ''Yes'' to the question ''Have you ever been arrested or detained by a law enforcement officer?''and attach a written explanation.

We will use this information to determine your eligibility for citizenship. Answer every question honestly and accurately. If you do not, we may deny your application for lack of good moral character.Answering "Yes" to one of these questions does not always cause an application to be denied. For more information on eligibility, please see the Guide."

I do not understand how the above instructions can confuse anyone.

What part of ...... If any part of a question applies to you, you must answer ''Yes.'' .... is in any way ambiguous?

PLEASE explain it to as if I were a 3rd grade student.

Thanks to Bobsmyth and please lock off this thread.

I think this horse is dead and we should stop beating it. There is obviously no ambiguity in the form instruction under discussion.

Anyone stumbling across this, please check out the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.