N-400 filed 10/28/2010:have not heard about interview date yet:please advise

NPL

Registered Users (C)
Hello, forum members,

My N-400 is dated 10/28/2010, fingerprints done 11/30/2010. Got yellow letter 12/8/2010. Since then - nothing. On the uscis website my status is still as "Request for evidence", fingerprinting, that is, dated 11/2/2010. Should I worry and may be check with them, or it takes this long? I read on their website that processing time is 5 months, it is 5 months for me tomorrow but nothing has moved yet.

I will appreciate any advice.

Which is your district office? And, the Notices of Action do advise you to contact them if the processing goes beyond normal processing times. Don't they? Have you made any inquiry so far?

If I were you, I would certainly start making all kinds of inquiries and, eventually, approach the Office of the Senator of my state to enlist their help in moving the case forward.

Have you tried an e-Request? The link for an e-Request is: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, forum members,

My N-400 is dated 10/28/2010, fingerprints done 11/30/2010. Got yellow letter 12/8/2010. Since then - nothing. On the uscis website my status is still as "Request for evidence", fingerprinting, that is, dated 11/2/2010. Should I worry and may be check with them, or it takes this long? I read on their website that processing time is 5 months, it is 5 months for me tomorrow but nothing has moved yet.

You need to inquire about your case with an IO via phone or Infopass.

Thank you all for replies. Today, I tried calling, they basically repeat the same thing that I can check online: On11/02/2010 we mailed you a request for additional evidence...
I sent the e-request, as advised, it says that my application is within processing times, today is the last day of 5 month term. Will send the e-request again tomorrow. And will send the letter to them inquiring about the case.

Call the number again and say that you sent in an N400 a couple months ago and you haven't got a receipt yet, nor have they cashed your cheque. They'll escalate your call. It's annoying that we have to resort to these things to get someone to listen, but there you have it.

N-400 interview date

NPL,

I was in the same situation like you. My fingerprints was 04/10/10 and I didn't get my interview letter until 07/26/10 (interview was on 08/26/10). After that it took exactly 120 days before I got my oath letter. If they can't give you any specific reason, most likely, they are working very slow to gather your historical documents and/or your background check. The processing time on line should not be used as guideline because USCIS don't play by that timeline. If you got your GC based on asylum, there is a chance USCIS did extra checking (or taking their sweet time) in your application process. Based on my experience, apparently local USCIS office still didn't have my historical file on hand when they inteviewed me, and thus, they dragged final decision until 120 days. Total processing time was 9 months (compare to 6 months standard processing time for SF office). My suggestion: make an infopass appointment by April 8th (4th month after yellow letter date); local office should be able to inform you about interview schedule.
Don't worry...as long as you don't have any criminal record or anything weird, you should get your application approved soon. Good luck!

Hello, forum members,

Thank you, smeagol,

I did get my GC based on asylum. I am not worried about any possible criminal stuff, it just takes longer than i expected. Thank you, All, for replies!

I have tried the erequest, it says that my case is within processing time limit> what does processing time mean? from the time of filing to interview?

Make an infopass appointment or call the 800 number and tell them that an immigration officer at your District Office told you to call and ask for Tier-2.

I have spoken to Tier-2 several times and they said, the first person who you speak to on the 800 # is reading off a manual and don't really have real answers.

I have tried the erequest, it says that my case is within processing time limit> what does processing time mean? from the time of filing to interview?

Processing time is from time application is sent in until oath.

Again, you need to speak with an IO (not a 1st line rep) for useful details about your case status.