N-400 December 2009 filers' tracker

Status update -
Got my Yellow letter today asking to produce Driving license during interview.

01/09/2010: LUD

12/21/2009: N-400 Mailed
12/24/2009: Receipt date
12/24/2009: Priority Date
12/30/2009: Check Cashed on
01/06/2010: NOA Rcvd on
01/14/2010: RFE (FP) Letter Received on
01/26/2010: Original FP Date; FP Done
02/01/2010: Yellow Letter Received for me only

Interview

Hi all, will go for interview 1hr later, wish me good luck, will post my experience after all.

Interview Experience

Just back from my interview (San Jose, CA)
My appointment was 1:45 and I arrived at 1:20, passed the security check (just like those in airport), went up to 2nd floor, dropped off my appointment letter in the tiny tray under the counter window, then joined others (around 8-9 ppl) in the waiting room. I was called in at around 1:35. The officer asked for my passport and GC, then asked me to swore I told the truth and sat down. He went through the yes/no question, verified my name, address, DOB, then let me signed a sheet, and also signed the last page of my N400. Then he asked about my family, my work and my life in US. Then, we have a little problem on my nationality. I wrote that I am a chinese but I am holding a british passport, so he was kinda confused and he called his chinese colleague and fixed the problem, he then changed my nationality to Hong Kong.
Afterward, was the english test, he asked me to read and write a sentence, then went to the history part, the questions are:
When was the declaration of independence adopted
name one of the two longest rivers in the us
what is the name of the speaker of the house of representatives now
who lived in america before the europeans arrived
what do we call the first ten amendments to the constitution
we elect a president for how many years
I answered all correctly and he stopped, then he checked the application again, I gave him my tax transcript, and he gave me a N-652 with approval and told me to wait for the OL.
when I left the building it was 2:00.

HaHa, I dreamed that I will have a oath ceremony today :p

Congrats Micmic.

I got the famous Yellow Letter today. Just ask to bring Driver's License.

I was not expecting a Yellow Letter since I already got the Interview Letter. I was surprised to see it today in my mail.

Congrats micmic!

Question: "I answered all correctly and he stopped, then he checked the application again, I gave him my tax transcript, and he gave me a N-652 with approval and told me to wait for the OL. when I left the building it was 2:00."

What was the reason you had to show tax transcript? Did they ask you to bring this document? These days, we file taxes on line, so I am sure you have to request IRS to provide this document. Please share your thougts.

Thanks.

Dear

Congrats micmic!

Question: "I answered all correctly and he stopped, then he checked the application again, I gave him my tax transcript, and he gave me a N-652 with approval and told me to wait for the OL. when I left the building it was 2:00."

What was the reason you had to show tax transcript? Did they ask you to bring this document? These days, we file taxes on line, so I am sure you have to request IRS to provide this document. Please share your thougts.

Thanks.

Dear

Yeah, when I submitted my N400, I just gave my W2 copy. After my application was sent, I felt that maybe a problem and I ordered my tax transcript from IRS (took about 1 month to send to me). The IO did ask any evidence that I lived with my wife such as bill, montage, tax return, etc, then I just gave him the tax transcript.

Yeah, when I submitted my N400, I just gave my W2 copy. After my application was sent, I felt that maybe a problem and I ordered my tax transcript from IRS (took about 1 month to send to me). The IO did ask any evidence that I lived with my wife such as bill, montage, tax return, etc, then I just gave him the tax transcript.

micmic, Did you apply based on 3 yr marriage to a citizen or 5-yr...

Finger print done today.

I did my finger print in Detorit today on the scheduled date. USCIS was turning away people who showed up before due date.

Thanks.

Dear

Update - Lud changed - case transferred to local office for interview.

Application mailed : 12/12/2009 (Phoenix lockbox)
Application Arrived at USCIS: 12/14/2009 (As per USPS)
Check Cashed: 12/18/2009
NOA: 12/21/2009
PD: 12/17/2009
LUD : 12/19/2009
LUD : 12/29/2009 (update- RFE mailed on Dec 24th)
FP Notice received: 12/31/2009
FP Done : 01/05/2010 (Early walk-in)
FP Scheduled date : 1/13/2010
Yellow Letter date : 01/29/2010
LUD : 02/03/2010 (Case transferred to Local office for scheduling a interview)
IL:
ID:
OL:
OD:

West, did you get any LUD before you got your yellow letter or interview letter?? I still am in the RFE crap!

Yeah I actually got a LUD 3 days before I received the letter. I received the letter almost a month after i got my finger prints taken so you'll probably get yours in a week or so.