N-400 December 2009 filers' tracker

yaro77,

Don't worry about what the N-659 says. If the yellow letter indicates otherwise, I would bring documentation. You don't want to take a risk that the absence of any such documentation would delay your naturalization.
My yellow letter asked me to bring arrest records or court dispositions. Since I don't have an arrest record, I ordered a copy of the disposition, basically a statement from the county clerk that I paid the $50 fine.

Thanks Sunny, I do have documentation that shows I have paid the fines and the ticket was disposed. Just that it is not certified. I called the court and they said they do not have any mechanism to certify this since it is so old. I am planning to see if I can get it copy certified / notarized...

DO: San Antonio [Filed from Austin]
N-400 Mailed 12/14/2009 (FedEx)
N-400 Received 12/15/2009
NOtice Date /Priority Date : 12/17/2009
Check Cashed : 12/18/2009
LUD 12/19/2009
I-797C NOA I-797C Received 12/22/2009
FP letter sent 01/04/2010
LUD 01/06/2010
FP Letter Recvd 01/11/2010 (schedule for 1/22/2010)
FP Completed 01/12/2010 (Austin,TX)
Called FBI to check the status. Rep told me that FP infromation hasbeen sent to requested agency 01/15/2010he asked (A# / Last Name / SSN ) [# called 304 625 2000 ]
Yellow Letter Received : 01/16/2010 [Postal Date Shows 01/12/2010]
IL Received 01/22/2010
Interview Date 03/01/2010 11AM

In MUST BRING documents
Any evidence of selective service registration... ( I never registered)
Can I safely ignore ? or do i need to get any evnidence ?

I have already posted my timeline in SanAntonio thread... Just ppl tracking here Dec 2009 files so posting same information .. I dont mean to SPAM

In MUST BRING documents
Any evidence of selective service registration... ( I never registered)
Can I safely ignore ? or do i need to get any evnidence ?

Try to get a Status Information Letter from Selective Service. I wouldn't ignore any request for evidence even if I believe that it isn't necessary or is moot.

Try to get a Status Information Letter from Selective Service. I wouldn't ignore any request for evidence even if I believe that it isn't necessary or is moot.

I called the Selective Service # and they sent me a duplicate registration card in a week...

Sunny808 thank you for the infromation.
Just want clarify one thing this is not RFE . In the Interview letter one of the MUST BRING DOCUMENTS
any selective service registartion. ( I did not register any )
So you are saying get SSS NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED OR SOMETHING LETTER?

chekodi,
Some posters have reported that a copy of returned checks showing that the fine was paid isn't sufficient, so I imagine that a copy of the money order would similarly not be enough. Check with the appropriate county clerk on how to go about getting a copy of the disposition of your traffic ticket.

Are you filing under the 3-year rule? If so and you sent in a copy of your tax transcripts with your application, just bring the originals that were sent to you by the IRS.

I'm not sure "3-year rule". I'm the primary holder of GC. Do they ask any IRS dues clearence certificate?

Sunny808 thank you for the infromation.
Just want clarify one thing this is not RFE . In the Interview letter one of the MUST BRING DOCUMENTS
any selective service registartion. ( I did not register any )
So you are saying get SSS NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED OR SOMETHING LETTER?

I thought you were referring to the yellow letter. The interview checklist is a standard checklist, and if it doesn't apply to you, i.e. that you were not required to register at any time, then you don't need to show anything.

I'm not sure "3-year rule". I'm the primary holder of GC. Do they ask any IRS dues clearence certificate?

chekodi,
Are you applying on the basis of marriage to a US citizen + 3-year residence in the U.S., or are you applying based on 5 years as a green-card holder? If you filed under the 3-year rule, then you will most likely be required to show a transcript of your IRS taxes, at least for the past 3 filing years. If you are filing as a 5-year green card holder, you are not required to show IRS transcripts although it has been suggested that certain district offices request a copy of IRS transcripts anyway. Unless any of your IRS transcripts show that you owe taxes, I don't see why you should bring an IRS clearance. In short, if you've never owed taxes, and are required to bring/show IRS transcripts, those transcripts are sufficient.

chekodi,
Are you applying on the basis of marriage to a US citizen + 3-year residence in the U.S., or are you applying based on 5 years as a green-card holder? If you filed under the 3-year rule, then you will most likely be required to show a transcript of your IRS taxes, at least for the past 3 filing years. If you are filing as a 5-year green card holder, you are not required to show IRS transcripts although it has been suggested that certain district offices request a copy of IRS transcripts anyway. Unless any of your IRS transcripts show that you owe taxes, I don't see why you should bring an IRS clearance. In short, if you've never owed taxes, and are required to bring/show IRS transcripts, those transcripts are sufficient.

Sunny, I applied on 5 years GC holder and I'm again not sure by exact meaning of “you've never owned taxes”, normally when you file taxes, sometimes you will get +_ and you will end up with paying if you owe to IRS by sending check along with tax filing papers or send check separately if you filed online. I owed to IRS couple of instances when we have major investments changes in that year (ex: sold house, sold stocks etc). Are you saying we should not owe to IRS as of today? Correct?

GOT FP LETTER..............dated for 2/3,,,,

planning to do Walk-in on 27th (Wed). .........

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunny, I applied on 5 years GC holder and I'm again not sure by exact meaning of “you've never owned taxes”, normally when you file taxes, sometimes you will get +_ and you will end up with paying if you owe to IRS by sending check along with tax filing papers or send check separately if you filed online. I owed to IRS couple of instances when we have major investments changes in that year (ex: sold house, sold stocks etc). Are you saying we should not owe to IRS as of today? Correct?

chekodi, the N-659 asks if you have any federal, state, or local taxes that are overdue. does this apply to you? if so, item no. 11 states that you need to show that you filed a return and have arranged to pay for the amount you owe plus documentation from the taxing authority about the current status of your repayment. i am not saying that you should not be owing anything to the IRS or any taxing authority.

My N-400 timeline DO: Hartford CT

11/24/09--Couriered N-400 to Lewisville Texas
11/25/09-- Delivered
11/30/09--I797c date with priority date of 11/30/09
12/10/09--Biometrics notice received with amended priority date of 11/25/09
12/17/09--Yellow letter received asking to bring identification for interview
01/06/10--Fingerprinting done and returned the same day by FBI
01/26/10--Case sent for standard testing and interview

status update

DO: Philadelphia
12/05/09 - Application Mailed
12/08/09 - Application Received
12/10/09 - Check Cashed
12/10/09 - PD
12/17/09 - NOA received
01/02/10 - FP notice recived (PD changed to 12/08/09)
01/07/10 - FP done (walk in)
01/15/10 - FP retaking notice received (self)
01/19/10 - FP retaken (walk-in)
01/21/10 - Online status changed to "...Interview"
01/22/10 -Yellow letter received (spouse)
01/26/10 -Yellow letter received (self)

In general, when should I receive the interview letter?

is it normal that my status hasn't changed yet ? i did my fingersprint Jan 4th and I a lot of people that's done after me already having their status changed for interview

chekodi, the N-659 asks if you have any federal, state, or local taxes that are overdue. does this apply to you? if so, item no. 11 states that you need to show that you filed a return and have arranged to pay for the amount you owe plus documentation from the taxing authority about the current status of your repayment. i am not saying that you should not be owing anything to the IRS or any taxing authority.

I got your point. Thanks Sunny! I requested tax filing scripts by submitting 4506-T form and requested county court to send me copy of disposition statements.

is it normal that my status hasn't changed yet ? i did my fingersprint Jan 4th and I a lot of people that's done after me already having their status changed for interview

i think it's pretty normal. while early fingerprinting appears to speed things up, i imagine that each individual's priority date will be more relevant on when a notice for interview is sent out.

I got your point. Thanks Sunny! I requested tax filing scripts by submitting 4506-T form and requested county court to send me copy of disposition statements.

good luck chekodi. i did the same thing and the tax transcripts came after about 8 days for me. i'm still waiting on my disposition but i just mailed that out last week.

Here are my timelines

DO: Charlotte, NC.
12/22/09 - Application Mailed to TX
12/29/09 - Application Received
12/29/09 - PD
01/08/10 - NOA received
01/14/10 - FP notice received
01/27/10 - FP date
01/22/10 - FP taken (walk-in)
IL:
ID:
OL:
OD:

Received the text message this morning with the update( Case has been transfered for testing and interview) now i need to start studying :D

Last edited by a moderator: