N-400 December 2009 filers' tracker

I called #304 625 2000 Rep asked asked (A# / Last Name / SSN ) ..
Only they say Results sent back to requested agency for further proceeding

thanks for this info:cool:...
i also called FBI customer service using above no.
My FP were sent back to INS :D( reps words not mine) same day...
haven't received yellow letter or IL yet but am waiting patiently.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for this info:cool:...
i also called FBI customer service using above no.
My FP were sent back to INS :D( reps words not mine) same day...
haven't received yellow letter or IL yet but am waiting patiently.

Same here. I finished my FP on 01/06 and the results were sent back to INS. I am still waiting for my YL / IL. My wife already got an email update saying her case has been sent for a standard interview.

yaro77,

did you apply the same time as your wife? i have no interview letter yet and no email updates. this wait is frustrating...

Same here. I finished my FP on 01/06 and the results were sent back to INS. I am still waiting for my YL / IL. My wife already got an email update saying her case has been sent for a standard interview.

My N-400 timeline DO: Hartford CT

11/24/09--Couriered N-400 to Lewisville Texas
11/25/09-- Delivered
11/30/09--I797c date with priority date of 11/30/09
12/10/09--Biometrics notice received with amended priority date of 11/25/09
12/17/09--Yellow letter received asking to bring identification for interview
01/06/10--Fingerprinting done and returned the same day by FBI
Now waiting for the IL

yaro77,

did you apply the same time as your wife? i have no interview letter yet and no email updates. this wait is frustrating...

sunny,

Yes, I applied on the same day as my wife. Her FP date was somewhere in mid Jan, but she came along on the same day I did my FP though

I have traffic tickets and she does not have any. That is probably why she got the standard interview and I am waiting for the YL / IL. Hopefully, it will all come though soon for all of us.

Cheers

Yellow letter clarification

Hello all, I got yellow letter(+IL) today, asking "you indicated that you have been arrested, bring all documents related..." However I answered for 16Q. Have you ever arrested, cited or.. as "Yes", since I got two traffic tickets and it is my understanding that they comes under cited. I already provided that info, but just wondering why YL referring arrested. Is it standard message for question 16 if it is answered as Yes?

sunny,
I have traffic tickets and she does not have any. That is probably why she got the standard interview and I am waiting for the YL / IL. Hopefully, it will all come though soon for all of us.
Cheers

Yaro, have you answered "Yes" for 16Q under part.10 as you mentioned that you have traffic tickets? if so, can you please let me know your YL message? --Thanks!

Hello all, I got yellow letter(+IL) today, asking "you indicated that you have been arrested, bring all documents related..." However I answered for 16Q. Have you ever arrested, cited or.. as "Yes", since I got two traffic tickets and it is my understanding that they comes under cited. I already provided that info, but just wondering why YL referring arrested. Is it standard message for question 16 if it is answered as Yes?

no need to worry. it looks like that's standard and i got the same request along with many others who just have traffic citations. you just need to bring the originals of the disposition and you should be fine. do you mind posting your timeline?

Thanks Sunny. I didn't have all timelines handy and not tracked them that level. Just started checking forum sites:)

First week of Dec - Mailed N-400 PHX
01/13/10 - FP done
01/22/10 - YL + IL

Hi all
My spouse and I got our interview letters yesterday, for Feb 25th.

Here's my timeline:
DO St Paul MN
12-01-09 - N400 mailed - Phoenix AZ
12-02-09 - N400 Received
12-02-09 - Priority date
12-07-09 - Check cashed
12-17-09 - LUD change (RFE mailed on 12-15-09)
1-5-10 - walk in FP
1-9-10 - Yellow Letter
1-11-10 - Scheduled FP date
1-19-10 - email update "case sent for standard interview", online status updated to "testing and interview"
1-21-10 - IL received
2-25-10 - Interview date

I noticed that many people worry about traffic citations. Here is the information from M-476 Guide to Naturalization page 24 on USCIS website:

"Note that unless a traffic incident
was alcohol or drug related, you do not need
to submit documentation for traffic fines and
incidents that did not involve an actual arrest
if the only penalty was a fine of less than
$500 and/or points on your driver’s license."

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

no need to worry. it looks like that's standard and i got the same request along with many others who just have traffic citations. you just need to bring the originals of the disposition and you should be fine. do you mind posting your timeline?

chekodi,

I got a YL with the same wording. I have been able to get a copy of the traffic violation tickets and notice that I have paid the fine from the various county clerk's websites.

sunny,

Do these copies from the county website would do or do we have to take originals. I of course do not have originals. All these traffic tickets are from the year 2000 and 2001.

chekodi,

I got a YL with the same wording. I have been able to get a copy of the traffic violation tickets and notice that I have paid the fine from the various county clerk's websites.

sunny,

Do these copies from the county website would do or do we have to take originals. I of course do not have originals. All these traffic tickets are from the year 2000 and 2001.

yaro77, it has to be originals or certified copies. i know, a bit of a pain in the behind and they probably don't even ask for it come interview time. mine are from 1992 and from out of state :(

yaro77, it has to be originals or certified copies. i know, a bit of a pain in the behind and they probably don't even ask for it come interview time. mine are from 1992 and from out of state :(

sunny,

The N-659 checklist that came with my spouse's IL seems to indicate the same wording that traffic fines with <500 fine do not need any documentation. I will try to get certified copies, but not sure how easy it would be. How did you manage to get certified copies for your 1992 tickets ?

yaro77,

Don't worry about what the N-659 says. If the yellow letter indicates otherwise, I would bring documentation. You don't want to take a risk that the absence of any such documentation would delay your naturalization.
My yellow letter asked me to bring arrest records or court dispositions. Since I don't have an arrest record, I ordered a copy of the disposition, basically a statement from the county clerk that I paid the $50 fine.

sunny,

The N-659 checklist that came with my spouse's IL seems to indicate the same wording that traffic fines with <500 fine do not need any documentation. I will try to get certified copies, but not sure how easy it would be. How did you manage to get certified copies for your 1992 tickets ?

Traffic tickets dispositions & IRS dues?

yaro77,

Don't worry about what the N-659 says. If the yellow letter indicates otherwise, I would bring documentation. You don't want to take a risk that the absence of any such documentation would delay your naturalization.
My yellow letter asked me to bring arrest records or court dispositions. Since I don't have an arrest record, I ordered a copy of the disposition, basically a statement from the county clerk that I paid the $50 fine.

Hi guys, I have copies of money order that I paid, is that good enough? should I again contact other state county clerk that I paid also full.
Also, do I need to take any statement from IRS Form:1722 or so as we didn't have any dues?

chekodi,
Some posters have reported that a copy of returned checks showing that the fine was paid isn't sufficient, so I imagine that a copy of the money order would similarly not be enough. Check with the appropriate county clerk on how to go about getting a copy of the disposition of your traffic ticket.

Are you filing under the 3-year rule? If so and you sent in a copy of your tax transcripts with your application, just bring the originals that were sent to you by the IRS.

update, FP scheduled date

mailed (self/spouse) 12/17/09
recieved at 12/21/09, TX
checks cashed 12/23/09
RD: 12/21
PD: 12/23
485 LUDs(self/spouse) : 1/11
RFE sent in mail(self/spouse) : 1/14
RFE Email notification(self/spouse) : 1/16
FP scheduled date (self/spouse): 2/8

looks like there is a N400 tracker
http://tinyurl.com/ydemdek