N-400: 1 yr since interview...still waiting

I think FBI is only one of them, then there is CIA, NSA, DEA, ATF, ... and maybe then they check with everyone in NBA :D

eric711

oh man.....i thaught they did check with only fbi and maybe with CIA...but what about other ones like DEA and stuff.? are u serious....i am worried because i think now each agency is gonna take 5 months each to clear me .....

I am not sure but she said "agencies" I hope it's only FBI and CIA. If they say we are cleared then who else would know better?

Last edited by a moderator:
question for all

does anyone know . about the oath ceremony letter. if it comes in regular mail...or registered mail for which postman needs signature before delivering.

thanx

Re: question for all

Originally posted by shaky
does anyone know . about the oath ceremony letter. if it comes in regular mail...or registered mail for which postman needs signature before delivering.

thanx

Hi Shaky: Is ur FBI name chk cleared......r u waiting ur oath letter?

I think its ordinary mail based on my friends....

Plz let me know total how much time has passed since u applied and r now waiting for the oath letter.

My FBI name chk pending since Feb, 3rd, 2003. FP about to expire in 3 months if the oath letter or FBI name chk not over..

:mad: :(

ibm101

hello friend..

yes i am still waiting for oath....i guess USCIS has merged with state lottoery department ....looks like i will only get oath letter when i hit lotto jackpot. which is never gonna happen.

i filed feb 2002..... and interview was in july 2003 and my fbi name check was cleared on dec 8th 2003. and still waiting.

how about you.? did try contatcting fbi if they have done with ur name?

Thanx

Yes, Shaky: I contacted The FBI For my Name chk pending three times and all times they say FBI name chk pending. This is sionce Feb 6th.

This year no response yet from FBI

well: today I recd a letter from our Senator (in reponse to my enquiry) that my FBI name chk is pending......Big deal this even I know. I do not think these Congressmen can ever help.

So my this hope also dashed to ground.

Now what................just wait forever,:mad: :(

Just wanted to let u know....I am still waiting for oath letter...

MY FP expires in 2 months...............:confused: :( :mad:

Yes, it will be forwarded to your new address if it is still within one year of moving, otherwise it will bounce back to the USCIS, this is why it is always good to report a change of address as quickly as possible.
Ojay

Shaky,

If you withdraw ur app now it may look suspicious. They ask for docs and u back out... U have already got ur interview thru. Submit what u have, document what u dont have , and why... Try

Please invest in a good lawyer. Your case is finally moving and
dont do anything drastic without consulting an attorney. Be very very careful. It will be money well spent. U have waited so long, wait a bit longer and get this thing through....

Hi Shaky,

Don't withdraw your case. Show them all documents you have, and tell them you are not living with your wife anymore due to problems. Tell them the truth, don't hide anything. Ask them at the end if you met their requirements, and if the case will be approved. If they say no, then you tell them you want to withdraw your case, and apply again after you complete 5 years.

shaky,
As every one suggested that you should not withdraw your application at this stage. You should submit what you have and tell the truth that your marriage was in good faith. You should get the help of a good attorney and ask him/her to submit these documents along with a letter of explanation. If worse come worse they don't agree then request a 'withdrawl of application'.

By the way do you have a green card with no condition?

Shaky,
I comiserate with you on this bad news, i have also been waiting since may of 03, my case is due to wrong dates of marriage with my spouse, when i checked with USCIS in Jan 04, i was able to find out what the problem was and I pre-empted them by supplying all details they may ask for inclyding bank accounts, house deeds, wedding pixs, my daughters birth certificate, and bills that should convince them, i am still aiting to hear from them.
my advice to you is do not withdraw your application, supply every details that you have, are you divorced from this woman? if so then provide your divorce decree or simply put in a notorized statement of what is going on, i am aware of a friend who got divorced from his wife while his application for citizenship was pending, he was clear with them from the begining and although it took a little while but he was eventually sworn in,
It is nice to know that we have a family in people who posts in this site.
Lastly, before you do anything please talk to an AILA recommended lawyer, i believe you have a good case, please dont blow it.
Good Luck.
Ojay.

shaky,
If you are prepared to move for fastest processing of N 400,
I suggest you move to San Antonio, Texas.
After that you immediately file ( send by certified mail) your
AR-11. After 90 days from that you file N-400 from San Antonio, Tx.
Currently in San Anton they are processing N-400 s filed till August 10, 2003, which I believe is among the fastest.
You have worked very hard for this one: my good luck to you.