N-336 , how long does it usually take to get hearing

chikoo2008

Registered Users (C)
I just found this website. My N400 was denied based on lack of good moral character. I has a misd. charge. anyways the denial letter says I lied during my interview. I never lied, if fact I sent the court documents with disposition letter from the court. when asked during my interview, i explained it to the IO. I got an attorney now who will file N-336. I would like to know how long does it usually take to get a hearing after filing? My DO is kansas city, MO

Per 8 CFR 336.2(b) , USCIS should schedule a hearing within 180 days from the date you file the appeal.

Out of curiosity, didn't you answer "Yes" to the question "Have you been arrested, cited or detained by the police"?
The only way they would ding you for lying is if you specifically answered "NO" to that question or tried to justify your "NO" answer based on some technicality.

Out of curiosity, didn't you answer "Yes" to the question "Have you been arrested, cited or detained by the police"?
The only way they would ding you for lying is if you specifically answered "NO" to that question or tried to justify your "NO" answer based on some technicality.

I answered it "yes" and submitted court certified documents but not sure Y i got "false testimony / lying" decision. There in no way for me to find that out unless I file N 336

I went to local DO (info pass appointment) to ask about the hearing date but the IO told me that I am not going to get the hearing, they will make the decision on the papers/evidence I submitted with N-336. it is in "PRE DECISION" (whatever that means). Is this normal? I thought you get a hearing on N-336.

I went to local DO (info pass appointment) to ask about the hearing date but the IO told me that I am not going to get the hearing, they will make the decision on the papers/evidence I submitted with N-336. it is in "PRE DECISION" (whatever that means). Is this normal? I thought you get a hearing on N-336.

That's a regular practice. "Hearing" here means that OAA will consider your case. If N-336 is denied, you can dispute the denial in district court where you will most likely win judging by the info you provided (see e.g., http://bibdaily.com/pdfs/Szpak 7-25-07.pdf)