My wife's case just disappeared off the USCIS sytem today

djh

Has anyone had this happen before?

As ususal I have checked several times today with no changes to my LUD or any of my family's. However I just checked and my wifes case has vanished. Mine and my children's are there.

My LUD hasn't changed since 5/4/4 and hers changed 6/24/4.

I am the primary applicant she is the dependant.

Anyone know why this would happen?

gettingclosernow said:
Has anyone had this happen before?

As ususal I have checked several times today with no changes to my LUD or any of my family's. However I just checked and my wifes case has vanished. Mine and my children's are there.

My LUD hasn't changed since 5/4/4 and hers changed 6/24/4.

I am the primary applicant she is the dependant.

Anyone know why this would happen?
USCIS does db updates -- maybe her case is being "updated" ? - check after a while - it should come right back.

There are theories that this might indicate something close to approval .... given the arbitrary nature of approvals, you can actually connect any random event happening out there to an approval !!
So I wouldn't get my hopes too high - just yet :)

Similar story

I have a similar story like yours. My wife case was touched thrice earlier with 6/24 as the last update and my case remains on 6/9. We are kinda lost in this process because of INS incompetence, hopefully things will turn around

Mine..

is the same case. LUD of 6/24 and since this afternoon, I cannot access my case online or over the phone. Says cannot find the case. I wonder what's going on.
-WAC020995XXXX

Glad to see that happening for others too

Even the LUD for our cases got updated to 6/24 and the status of our two cases disappeared from USCIS. I posted my situation couple of time on this forum, but got no response. I almost came to the conclusion that the file is getting transferred to local office and that is why it disappeared from the radar screen of USCIS. The status went off since last friday 6/25.

Same here too...

Got two different messages:
1800 enquiry automated messaging system :" Due to difficulties the case status cannot be given at this time, please call back later"
On line status : "It takes 730-730 days ..............................."
Confusing. Will check again tomorrow and call the customer service.
WC

kaisersoesce: No

I am sure they will use the same API that the IVRS system uses. Did you try?. As I said before, I thought that the case is getting transferred to district location and today only I sent an email to my attorney for update. Since I am no longer with the sponsoring company, probably he will charge me even for email response :). I got laid off just last month, and I thought it is too risky to change attorney at the *last* moment.

kaisersoesce said:
is the same case. LUD of 6/24 and since this afternoon, I cannot access my case online or over the phone. Says cannot find the case. I wonder what's going on.
-WAC020995XXXX
Exactly the same here, 6/24, this afternoon status disappeared, also cases in portfolio disappeared. What the hell is going on?

sigh

My family's cases disappeared too. I called a customer rep. She basically didn't tell me anything. she said she'll send a no-automatic response request thing to the people keeping track of the records and i'll get an answer by mail in 30 days. That's their standard canned response i guess. I asked her if they remove approved cases from the system and she said, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. They don't know which ones are removed. That's really a bad system!!!

moooo said:
I called a customer rep. She basically didn't tell me anything.

I asked my cat what was going on and he gave me the same answer. Maybe the NSC should hire cats. They're cheaper. Then they could hire more adjudicators. :cool:

We are in the same boat. Got touched on 6/24, but status has been unavaliable since then. Now they have disappeared from the uscis site and when I try to re-enter them, I get:

Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the app receipt number.

What the hell is going on?

Wow, it looks this is the new lovely thing from USCIS.

Do not worry guys, I'm sure it is only a glitch. They must have problem with the whole system. If there is any change in your case, you will get it in mail as well. I know it's frustrating...

We had lots of LUDs changes recently and everyone was guessing what's going on...

Now, we have a new thing... USCIS just want to make sure we don't get bored... ;)

WAC02139*****

Same situation my case has totally disappeared, my husband's is still there, Last update was ...We received response to RFE on 6/24......
Confused :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that it is a computer problem. Our cases hadn't been touched since January except for a response to fax on mine at the beginning of June. A friend who is waiting for an F-1 EAD telephoned in and was told that things were down until July 7th or so.

Extra long weekend for our friends at the USCIS maybe??

Any one get back their case?

Hi guys,

Did any of you folks get back your case that "has disappeared". It seems the common thing is all "disappeared" case has a touched date of 6/24.

Reappeared

Myself and my wife's case had disappeared, Our LUD was 06/24/2004.
My wife's case reappeared wth LUD 07/01/2004. No other changes.

SquareOne
WAC-03-056-5*

I had a touch of 6/24, but mine and my wife's case still appear to be 'online'... FPs received 6/12, yada yada yada. Some other posts have indicated that disappearance/reappearance ended in approval, though I don't know if that's a reliable indicator or not.

---
WAC 02 253 xxxxx
RD: 08.08.02
FP2: 06.12.04
LUDs '04: 05.21/06.14/06.22/06.23/06.24