my sad story

dfvm

Registered Users (C)
Hello there!!!!
I have been reading this forum for the past 2 years and this is the place where I can find all the answers of my questions.

I got my asylum and my GC later on, I have to wait 2 more years to apply to my citizenship. I just got off the phone with my sister, ( all my family lives in my COP) and she told me that my aunt, is in the hospital, she has cancer and we don't know if she is going to be with us any longer, she is asking for me, I remember when I was a kid she is used t take care of me when my mom go to work, she is my other mom, I feel so sad, hopeless, an devastated, I know that she is not my direct family, but I would like to know if I have any chance to go and see her.... my mom told me don't do any crazy thing and put and risk all these long and tearful process, Do u think if i go and get all the documentation, I am going to be fine? or because she is just my aunt, i can get in trouble getting my citizenship.

I am just praying to God to give me the strength that I need right now and help me to see what do i need to do?

Right now, I feel like a prisoner living in the most luxurious room of a jail!

is so hard when u get this kind of news and your life is not in the same path anymore, I just tough that this kind of situation never happen to me,

Any advice is really appriciated,

=-(

my parents, and two siblings passed away there while I had my asylum case pending,
So very sad situation for myself too.

but now i got asylum.

I don't know your COP, and the technology they have. But as far as I've seen with asylum cases , going back to COP is a big no no. Even going to neighboring countries I've read is a Iffy.
How's about you make a nice DVD of yourself, and send them a portable DVD player (you know, like a walkman for DVD) so they can show your aunt your video instead ...
DO not mess with immigration my friend.

I've had to NOT be able to say good bye to my uncle, and my grandpa so far. My grandma looks like she's on her way to heaven to be with grandpa as well, and I may not get to see her either. but one day we'll see each other again if that means that by my being strong NOW, I will be able to help save some of my family members out of my birth country in the future ...

YOUR immigration and sad heart right now, may mean that you can sponsor your familly to come out of the COP in a few years. then all can be together. Your mom is right.
Emotions, and your heart will heal, but if you mess up this chance, then you may all get stuck in COP permanently.

There are two independent issues to worry about. The United States government and the COP government. For the United States government it is a highly fact-specific issue. A lawyer can advise you about your options after she looks over your asylum application in its entirety. Much will ride on the specifics of your asylum story. Does a visit now cast doubt on that story such that they might want to look at your case again?

Also COP governments often give serious trouble to people who applied for asylum abroad. Some people have been prevented from returning to the United States. If that happens I am not sure what you can do about it. Ask around about the attitude of your COP on this issue.

Also, what travel document(s) do you have now?

good luck making a decision.

thank you to everybody

I just want to say thank you for all this messages, everything happened so fast, and when i wrote the first message was to late, my aunt passed away few hours later, I was the last person to know because according to my family, nobody wants me to do a crazy things, i think that's why i was the last to know! anyway, she is with God now, having a better life after so much suffering,

again, thanks to this forum to give hope, faith and understanding, even i don't know you guys, you are my friends!!!!

I'm very sorry to hear about all your losses. This process is a difficult one. Our family is in a tough situation, too. Life's not fair, eh?