My Priority Date is now current, I'm calling the USCIS!

How do you initiate a "service inquiry"? Is it just a matter of calling the same 1-800 customer service number? I wasn't able to find anything on the forum about how to do it.

How do you initiate a "service inquiry"? Is it just a matter of calling the same 1-800 customer service number? I wasn't able to find anything on the forum about how to do it.
Yes, call and tell that your file is "out of processing time" and "visa is current".

Thanks. I'll wait until the end of this week by which time the fingerprint review should have been done, then I'll call them up on Monday if I don't get any good news by the weekend.

Levels of inquiry ..

Jack,

Here are the types of inquiries I have utilized in the past. They all work at some level. Not sure which is most effective:

1. Calling the Service Center. This is the most basic type of inquiry and depending on the person you get on the phone, it can be pretty helpful.

2. AILA inquiry: If your lawyer is part of AILA (most reputed law firms are) then he she can get in touch with an AILA rep in the Service Center. Each Service Center appoints an officer from its ranks to be a liasion between AILA and the Service Center. All AILA inquiries go to this rep. This was the setup a few years ago. This should be used when there is no update a month or so after the Service Center Call.

3. OMBUDSMAN: This should be reserved for more serious kind of inquries when USCIS has messed up your case (lost files, etc). You can lookup the ombudsman's details on the web.

4. Congressional inquiry: This is the last step one should take. Its hit or miss and should be used as a last resort.

cheers,

saras

1. Calling the Service Center. This is the most basic type of inquiry and depending on the person you get on the phone, it can be pretty helpful.
What about #5 - Infopass?

I'm hoping #1 will prompt somebody to look at my case and realize it is time to make a decision on it. If that doesn't bring results or at least some useful information within a month, I'll go for an Infopass appointment.

Yes ... sure ..

What about #5 - Infopass?

I'm hoping #1 will prompt somebody to look at my case and realize it is time to make a decision on it. If that doesn't bring results or at least some useful information within a month, I'll go for an Infopass appointment.

Jack,

Infact infopass should be #2.

good luck,

saras

Hi all

I have a quick question. I filed for I-140 on November 24 2006 and got it approved (in EB1) on Dec 6 2006, I had also filed the I-485 concurrent with the I-140 at the same time (November 24 2006). I checked the processing times for the employment based petitions and it shows the dates of October 14 2006 (updated April 18 2007). Also the visa bulliten shows the dates to be current for this category. What does all this mean for the green card approval.

Thanks a lot.

Hi all

I have a quick question. I filed for I-140 on November 24 2006 and got it approved (in EB1) on Dec 6 2006, I had also filed the I-485 concurrent with the I-140 at the same time (November 24 2006). I checked the processing times for the employment based petitions and it shows the dates of October 14 2006 (updated April 18 2007). Also the visa bulliten shows the dates to be current for this category. What does all this mean for the green card approval.

Thanks a lot.

Hi all

Thanks a lot.

To initiate a service inquiry.....

Link

When you finally get a service rep, just say "My case has been pending for a long time, I'd like to initate a service inquiry."

mdh

To initiate a service inquiry.....

Link

Thanks. What is meant by SRC number? Is that the case number that starts with 3 letters and is followed by 10 digits? If yes, how are the letters entered over the phone?

Anyway, the LUD changed today (although no new message), so it seems they are working on my file.

1 800 375 5283
1) Call above 800 number on your reciept
2) Select 1 for English
3) Select 2
4) Select 6
5) Select 1
6) Punch in your SRC number
7) Select 1
8) Select 3 It'll ask you if your case has been separated.
9) Select 4 and wait for someone to talk to you.

Thanks. What is meant by SRC number? Is that the case number that starts with 3 letters and is followed by 10 digits? If yes, how are the letters entered over the phone?

Anyway, the LUD changed today (although no new message), so it seems they are working on my file.

Yeah, the whole SRC number thing through me off too. It's the same as your case number. You enter the letters by using the letters on the phone, so LIN would be "546". It doesn't really matter because once you get someone on the phone, they'll ask for your case number again.

Good to hear they are still looking at your file. Hopefully you'll see approval in a few days.

mdh

Some of you may find this interesting.....

I got a response to my "service inquiry" that I initiated on May 1st. It states that "your application requires further review" and "please contact the USCIS if you do not receive a decision on your case after 6 months."

The letter is dated May 2nd. My I-485 was approved May 3rd.

I don't think the USCIS is very organized.

mdh

Visa curent

MDH 3000,
Please let us know if you are EB3 California Center and your LC priorit date was 11/2002 and your visa became current, is this right?
Thanks

Some of you may find this interesting.....

I got a response to my "service inquiry" that I initiated on May 1st. It states that "your application requires further review" and "please contact the USCIS if you do not receive a decision on your case after 6 months."

The letter is dated May 2nd. My I-485 was approved May 3rd.
Apparently they did the "further review" in 1 day, and the "6 months" is the standard time frame they always give in their response.

MDH 3000,
Please let us know if you are EB3 California Center and your LC priorit date was 11/2002 and your visa became current, is this right?
Thanks

All the details you're looking for are in my sig. My I-140 was Eb3 and was sent to the Nebraska Center. Priority date was 11/2002 and my priority date became current May 1st, 2007.

mdh

I made the call today. The lady I spoke to was very friendly about it, although she didn't have any more information on hand than the same old status about being transferred to TSC. She initiated the service request and gave me a confirmation number, saying I should expect a response within 60-90 days but hopefully sooner. Now let's wait and see what happens.

Same here. I initiated inquiry 2 weeks ago, waiting for results. No word about security check.
My son was lucky enough, he got reply in 2 days by email(surprise! :D )
Here what he got:
----------------------------------------
The status of this service request is:

This acknowledges your recent inquiry to this office regarding your I-485 application.

Your application has been previewed and is now awaiting visa availability to continue processing.
-----------------------------------------
Now I'm waiting for request response for me and wife.

Got reply for my service request. Reply dated 05/25/2007.
Here is what I get:
--------------------------
Service records indicate that your address is current in our system as noted above, Records show that fingerprints, security checks and biometrics have cleared on your I-485 application. Your case is pending and waiting to be assigned to an officer for review...
So, waiting continues. At least I'm relieved that all security checks are done.

Got reply for my service request. Reply dated 05/25/2007.
Here is what I get:
Service records indicate that your address is current in our system as noted above, Records show that fingerprints, security checks and biometrics have cleared on your I-485 application. Your case is pending and waiting to be assigned to an officer for review...
So, waiting continues. At least I'm relieved that all security checks are done.

Excellent news!! You should get approved by the end of the month I would imagine!!

mdh