My Priority Date is now current, I'm calling the USCIS!

I made the call today. The lady I spoke to was very friendly about it, although she didn't have any more information on hand than the same old status about being transferred to TSC. She initiated the service request and gave me a confirmation number, saying I should expect a response within 60-90 days but hopefully sooner. Now let's wait and see what happens.

Just wondering, whether it's wise to initiate service request at this point when they are about start adjudicating cases in two weeks. What if they move the application to some queue where they only answer inquiries? I too called NSC this morning but fell short of initiating the service request. Now I'm not too sure whether I should call them again to do so.

Just wondering, whether it's wise to initiate service request at this point when they are about start adjudicating cases in two weeks. What if they move the application to some queue where they only answer inquiries? I too called NSC this morning but fell short of initiating the service request. Now I'm not too sure whether I should call them again to do so.
I don't think it makes much sense to initiate a service request before your priority date actually becomes current. Once they see your date is not current they'll just respond that your date isn't current, and drop your file without doing further research.

In my case my PD became current on May 1st and I initiated the request on May 14th.

I don't think it makes much sense to initiate a service request before your priority date actually becomes current. Once they see your date is not current they'll just respond that your date isn't current, and drop your file without doing further research.

In my case my PD became current on May 1st and I initiated the request on May 14th.
I initiated request before my dates become current and got full explanation with info about FP, security checks and biometrics as you can see in previous message. Also my lawyer said that it's wise to initiate a request so somebody will pick up case.

Also my lawyer said that it's wise to initiate a request so somebody will pick up case.

It could also have a negative impact if they move your application to a different queue where they only respond to service request. Since many people will get current in June, and if most of them initiate service requests, USCIS might get overwhelmed with answering service requests. They might not get around adjudicating cases.

I remember couple of years back, a lot of people requested case documents using FIOA. This not only backlogged the FOIA process with wait time increase to over 15 months, but also the case files were moved out of the processing queue in order to process FOIA request. When people called USCIS enquiring about their case status, they were told that their case could not be processed because they were processing the FOIA request.

It could also have a negative impact if they move your application to a different queue where they only respond to service request. Since many people will get current in June, and if most of them initiate service requests, USCIS might get overwhelmed with answering service requests. They might not get around adjudicating cases.

I remember couple of years back, a lot of people requested case documents using FIOA. This not only backlogged the FOIA process with wait time increase to over 15 months, but also the case files were moved out of the processing queue in order to process FOIA request. When people called USCIS enquiring about their case status, they were told that their case could not be processed because they were processing the FOIA request.

MA-Labor, there is a lot of difference between a service request and a FOIA.

I initiated request before my dates become current and got full explanation with info about FP, security checks and biometrics as you can see in previous message.
You got some information, but not an approval. If your PD was current when you made the request, maybe it would have resulted in approval shortly after they looked at your case file.

MA-Labor, there is a lot of difference between a service request and a FOIA.

I know, but all I am saying is that we should think of the consequences before jumping to conclusions. This is a typical scenario of mass hysteria. So many people were waiting peacefully for their PD to become current and now with this massive jump in PD everyone wants their GC yesterday.

Let’s just say for argument’s sake that there are 10,000 people with 485 pending, who will become current on June 1st. What happens if all of them initiate service requests? Would this not inundate the TSC staff with so many service requests? They might have to delegate staff to deal with these requests only, while they could better use their time in adjudicating 485 cases. Just take a moment to think over it.