My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

APR said:
Hi areevg - Thanks for the info. Is the oath administered individually or as a group? The reason I am asking is I want to take my 3 year old with us for the interview and the oath. Will she be able to be with us when you have to take the oath?

Might be different depending on who is administering the ceremony but during my oath, the families with young kids (there was a Russian couple and also an Indian couple with a 2 or 3 year old and both were getting naturalized) and the disabled (a lady with crutches) were asked to sit up front and they were at the head of the line getting their papers. But since both of the parents were participating in the oath, they were not asked to leave the kid somewhere else. The kids were with them the whole time.

I am still waiting

Congratulations Taga,

I still have not r'cvd the Oath letter, does anybody know, where do you normally r'cv the oath letter from, from previous info on this thread, Shahidsan who had interview on 17th jan, r'cvd the letter from Atlanta DO, TAGA, who has interview on 19th Jan, r'cvd it from texas. I had my interview on 18th Jan, and dont have it yet. Please send some ideas and thoughts.

Thanks

tina21 said:
A baby oh MY god did I hear A baby thats sooooo cool congratulation july2006 .
Just came to this forum to wish you good luck on your Interview you still i still havent fergotten you so best wishes on your interview and hope you get everything done very soon .

Tina :)
Heeey Tina,
What's up? Yeees we are expecting.It's so cool. I also have a job inetrview with Carmax tomorrow at 11:00 a.m
Woooow everything's happening so fast.
Thank you for your nice wishes.
I'll let you guys know about the details monday night.
Till then,
Take care. :p

Thanks for the info. It will certainly help if we can take our 3 year old with us.

Passed the exam. Interview tomorrow.

Hi everyone,
It's finally over. Well not quite since the interview is scheduled at 11 am tomorrow. My interview was scheduled at 1:05. There is a public parking rigt accross the building. 40 steps away. ($6 all day) I got in the building at 12:10. Nobody looked at my letter. We had to go thru the scanning, the were told to go upstairs and leave the letter on the tray. I did started waiting as of 12:15. As i was waiting I saw a document which showed that each officer is assigned 12 files starting at 8 am till 2 pm. 30 minutes for each. I knew that the cutoff time was 1:25 for the same day 2 pm interview.
I was called at 1:50. What really pissed me off was some people came in at 1:10 and were called at 1:20. So it all depends on how fast your assigned officer is working. Also there is no sound system in the waiting room which was filled with at least 200 people, so you really have to listen carefully as they open the door and annoubce names. I still had some hope even if it was a little late to take the same day oath. However, it did not happen. My interview took 45 minutes. It shoul have taken no more than 10 minutes but my officer was I think kind of new so she had to ask questions to her supervisors to make sure when she was not sure about something. She was a nice lady anyhow.
It started out like this. Please put your file aside, raise your right hand and repeat after me. I 'll tell the truth etc. Have a seat.
Please give me your passport, green card, the drivers license and your birth certificate. What? Birth certificate? I did not have it since it wasn't asked. That's what I said. Thank God she didn't care about it that much. She asked why my wife wasn't there and I said it wasn't asked in the letter. She didn't like this answer. I then said she was at work. Then she went over the application line by line to make sure everything was correct. She asked me if I have been outside of US since I applied. I said one week cruise she took a note of it moved on. She asked me questions like have you committed a crime etc.. like 10 questions like that. Then she asked me to sign my 2 photos by the sideline on the picture. (She made me practice it first) Then she asked me the test which wasn't a problem at all. Then I read it's a sunny day and wrote it's snowed last night. She then gave a N-652 form stating that I passed the exam and am recommended for the citizenship. She then went over her checklist to put everything in order and asked me if i wanna take the oath tomorrow morning or afternoon. I said morning please. She then told me to go back to the waiting area and wait for the oath letter. When I was back at the room, it was 2:35. The room once it was 200 people now was only 20 people. I waited until 3:35 and a lady came and gave out the oath letters except mine. She asked my n-652 and went back inside, came back 5 minutes later gave my oath letter. It was actually ready on the desk bit the person who is supposed to come out and announce my name forgot it and left for the day. That really made me laugh believe it or not. :p
I left at 3:45 and came home at 5 pm. Crazy traffic.
Well tomorrow I'll go back there again and get this thing over with. Overall, I got what i wanted so i am happy and i'll be American on St.Valentine's day. I guess that's a cool thing. Tomorrow I'll be back with the interview story. Take care y'all.

Yahoo. I am done with USCIS.

My interview was at 9:05. I was called at 9:18 and by 9:38 I was out. The officer went through each page of my file and asked few question. Then he asked 6 civic questions. As I answered correctly to each of them he did not ask anymore. Then wrote a simple sentence. After that I was asked to wait for the oath letter. Got 11:00 am oath and came out at 1:00pm with the certificate. I am proud to be citizen of this great coutry.

I learned a lot from this board. You guys are incredible. Wish you all the best those who are waiting.

very worried and pl suggest..ATL interview done 1 month back and no oath letter yet.. :eek:
my husband had interview for citizenship 1 month ago in mid january but till today did not hear anything about the oath. He passed and he was congratulated. took infopass and dint get anything much. We r toooooooooooo worried as we have some emergency and want to get it done earliest. People who interviewed after him seem to have had oath already. Pl suggest if anything could be done.

Hi Pelican,

Do you know when you got your interview done, if on the N-652 (result of your interview form) the Congratulations box was checked, and not the Decision cannot be made.

Also when was your interview date?

Pelican,
I am sorry to hear that. You could take an infopass and submit an inquiry form given at the counter, a personal request letter along with a copy of N-652 that you have to visit home country for a medical emergency.
Try your luck, I hope it works.
TAGA

thanks guys for ur prompt resoponse.tried infopass and the interview was on 18th jan. today i even called the texas service center and she says i have to wait...and i am sooooooooo psyched up donno what to do. it is extremely crucial for us. any help and input is appreciated. my lawyer friend says try congressman/senator ..donno how to do t and will it really help.

Atlanta DO has 2 Oath cermonies held at the Robert B Russell federal Bldg. This cermony holds a large number of people for the swearing in cermony. For Feb it was Feb 7th, and will be on Feb 17th.

I would take TAGA's advise and get an infopass to get a status on your Oath letter. Good Luck!!

I'm an American too :)

And I became an American too. I had a very good day. The ceremony started at 10:30 in room 103. Applicants along with the relatives sat together at first. A lady started talking about how to obtain passports, what forms needed, how to bring family members to the US and stuff. She then answered all the questions until about 11:05. After that, relatives were asked to leave the room. Then, starting from the first row, we one by one went up to the desk in the room and were shown our certificates to make sure all the info was correct. This is when you surrender your green card if you didn't during the interview. We were also given a copy of oath alligiance, alligiance to the flag and welcome letters from Sonny Purdue and George Bush and an info sheet showing how to sign your naturalization certificate. Aftre each person cehcked out, an officer was brought in to finish the ceremony. This is when the relatives are called back in. Around 12:05. We finished the oath at 12:20:52 and all became US Citizens. Then we took alligiance to the flag, listened to the national anthem and listened a music video of God Bless America. This is when I cried. :eek:
After that the certifications were handed out one by one announcing the names and their countries. There was 72 people from 32 countries. Some of them were Turkey(only me), Bosnia, Nigeria, Colombia, Guatemela, Mexico, Bahrein, Bulgaria, Russia, Uzbekistan, Belarus, Canada, Sierra lione, Granada, St.Vincent, China, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, El Salvador, South Africa, Korea, Romania, Phillipines, Trinidad Tobago. Cutiest applicant was an old Chinese lady (about 90 yrs old). Then pictures were taken. You can also take a picture as you take your certification with the officer. It was all done at 12:45.
Overall, it was a very emotional interview. As you leave the building, you feel overwhelmed. Hard to believe it's over. My naturalization process took 208 days. July 21 2005 to Feb 14 2006. It was also a very special thing that I became an American on a St. Valentine's day. This day will never be forgotten.
I AM PROUD OF BEING AN AMERICAN.

i dont wonna say i told you so

but congratulations and i am sorry for you inconvinience it is a pain that you had to drive twice down there but you made it congratulation and good luck with your next journey .(babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy) :D

tried infopass..nothing worked til now

Thanks shahidsan,

we did try info pass and submitted a request letter.. and nothing worked till now...priority date may13th and till now no oath. I see people with priority date of july are getting the citizenship and why not us...veryyyyyyyyyyyy frustrating.

About to apply

Hello all,

My wife and I are about to send in our applications next week. We are applying ourselves rather than go to an attorney. Other than the N400 and supporting documentation, have any of you sent in any covering letters or anything else with the information provided in the N400 instructions? Thanks. It seems that Atlanta DO has stopped processing N400's. I have been a regular reader of this forum and have not seen anyone post any interview notices past July 2005. Anyone out there who has not posted, please post your info. I will do the same starting next week.

Hi there
I also applied myself and did not include any cover letter.
Just becaause nobody posted anything doesn't mean that they stopped.
This is one of the things that really bothered me in this site. Total messages since this thread was opened 479, total view 26,000. This is sooo selfish. They don't spend two minutes here telling people about their timeline and when something happens "ohh i had my oath this date and i'm stuck on name check, where is my interview letter?" blah blah. This kind people make me sick. :mad: There is plenty of them here too.
Don't worry. The good news is that Yesterday they told us that Atlanta DO is gonna start doing 3 ceremonies a day starting March. Good luck to you and shame on you all who only view and don't post any messages. Losers!!!! :mad:

wannabecitizen said:
Hello all,

My wife and I are about to send in our applications next week. We are applying ourselves rather than go to an attorney. Other than the N400 and supporting documentation, have any of you sent in any covering letters or anything else with the information provided in the N400 instructions? Thanks. It seems that Atlanta DO has stopped processing N400's. I have been a regular reader of this forum and have not seen anyone post any interview notices past July 2005. Anyone out there who has not posted, please post your info. I will do the same starting next week.

I applied myself and I don't think I had a cover letter. Maybe a summary sheet or something on the front (summary of the documents I sent in - I applied based on marriage). Applied around June 15th, 2005. FP in July sometime. Interview letter received around November and Interview and Oath Jan 26th, 2006.

Hi Gnn

Sorry for the delayed reply. I am contacting my Senator in Georgia to follow up on my case. As soon I know , I will let you know.
Any updates from your side,
Thanks

What is Biometrics??

I heard people with Greencards are getting letters about Biometrics appointments, If you don't attend you could lose your GC. Can anybody shed some light on this.

Thanks

sdm
here is a E Mail Adress for the cogress office.I contacted them when I needed assistance with my us fiance viza they will help you I guarantie it .
very pleasant and nice lady named Stephanie will assist you .tell her your situation and ask her if she would look into your case .
Funny I already have my US Citizenship but cant stay away from this site .
I hope this Information will help . :)

stephanie.thornton@mail.house.gov

good luck
tina