My Journey is finally Over !!!!!!!

Ladybuggy

Registered Users (C)
Well as of today I am a proud American.

Ceremony was in Topeka, KS. 80 People were supposed to show up, only 74 were there from 30 different countries.
We got there way ahead of time. Around 10.30 AM and sat in the Cafeteria. At 12 PM we stood in line to give our Green Card and our "Invitation" Letter up and then were seated to assigned chairs.
The Ceremony started at 1.30 PM. Colorguards walked in, National Anthem was sung by a Highschool Choir and then the judge spoke a few words, had us repeat the Oath of Allegiance. Then the USCIS Employee said our names, had us stand up and tell us from what country we are from and she continued saying what our occupation was.
After that the certificates were handed out and it was all done.

So my journey is over. I want to say many thanks to all of you who helped me through this and I won't be a stranger. I promise.

Here is the funny part .... Not only was I the only one with an "american" last name but I was also the only Homemaker as occupation, lol

Congratulations! :) I know it's been a long journey for you, as evidenced by your high number of postings.

Congratulations!

Hi ladybuggy,

Heartiest Congratulations! A well deserved moment of pride and joy.

Please be around for encouraging "name check" stuck people that there is hope.

Regards

You know .. it doesn't feel different for me. Either it hasn't "hit" me yet or it won't "hit" me at all.
I mean of course it doesn't change your personality. You are still YOU. I think what it comes down to is that I feel prouder meaning proud of myself for managing to stay sane through this, lol and I feel I accomplished something HUGE !!!

I think that the fact that you never have to deal with the USCIS again will hit you in a couple of days. It IS a huge accomplishment, so take some time to gloat! Hopefully, my IL will arrive by the end of the month, and I'll be able to gloat too. Once again, a huge congrats to you!

So what if former English Cricket captain, Nasser Hussain, had been at the oath ceremony?

Don't give her a hard time. LOL She meant Anglo-saxon name. Mr. Hussain - though English - was certainly not of Anglo-saxon descent. :D

But I get your point - the 'American' name stereotype is something that should be put to rest.

I didn't mean to start an "uproar". What I meant was "english" sounding names like jones, murphy, miller, jackson ......

Nasser Hussain was born in Chennai, India. He is Indian-british.:D
ladybuggy, I got it first time what you meant to convey. Someone else didn't.