• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My Journey – Update

Congratulations Sm1smom!! I'm sure it's wonderful to be done with USCIS.

My eligibility date (4 years and 9 months) is in late May 2020, so I don't think I can vote in November 2020 :-(

Thank you. It really depends on your FO though, some complete the process in 4 to 5 months.

September 2019 is your 4 years 9 months eligibility window? Yeah, it sucks that the SF FO is taking 12 months on average (slightly longer for some) to process Naturalization petitions when some other FOs are getting this done in 4 months.

I missed out on the Nov. 6th 2018 election date since they wouldn’t administer the oath after my interview even though I pushed hard for it. My son, on the other hand who wasn’t even aware of the significance of Nov. 6th was sworn in same day right after his interview in Oct!

Actually the September date is the five years - so I will take advantage of early filing to get a little breathing room to be done by the election.

And here comes the newest USC!!!!

Everlasting-Hair-Flip.gif

Yessssss!!!!!!! I’ve come to the end of my immigration journey. Woot! Woot!!

I realize this forum is for discussing DV processing, and some of you may probable be thinking to yourselves, “so she thinks it’s okay to put up this none DV related post in this sub forum when there’s an applicable sub forum she should be posting on”. Well I’m putting up the post here:
  • To serve as a source of encouragement
  • And because I think I’ve earned the right to (feel free to call it abuse of power) :p
Interview was easy, simple, straightforward. Started with the six civic questions, followed by one line sentence read/write testing. Then a quick review of the information on my N400 form, and the yes or no questions. Interview ended with the IO saying congratulations, I’m recommending your case for approval. Was given a printout which also said congratulations you passed, the test, recommending case for approval. I thanked the IO and asked if my oath ceremony could be admistered same day, letting him know I was willing to wait a couple of hours if need be - ha ha ha (yeah, I was being pushy). My IO took me to the office of a rather stern looking lady who immediately said ‘NO!’ as soon as my IO asked her if I could get sworn in same day. The entire interview was done in less than 20 minutes.

Anyway, here’s my timeline:

05/03/2012: DV 2013 Selection Notification

11/1/2012: I-485 Package accepted by USCIS (CN current in November)

11/15/2012: Biometrics Completed (walk in)

01/28/2013: GC Interview/Approval (same day)

11/03/2017: N-400 Package accepted by USCIS

11/10/2017: Biometrics Completed (walk in)

09/22/2018: Interview Notification Received

10/22/2018: Naturalization Interview/Approval (same day)

10/29/2018: Oath Ceremony Notification

11/07/2018: Oath Ceremony

11/08/2018: Passport Application
Congratulations, so happy for you.
Thanks for all your efforts to help others.

Actually the September date is the five years - so I will take advantage of early filing to get a little breathing room to be done by the election.

Yeah you should do that. There’s nothing to gain by waiting until your actual 5th year anniversary before filing. Use the 4 years 9 months eligibility window.

And here comes the newest USC!!!!

Everlasting-Hair-Flip.gif

Yessssss!!!!!!! I’ve come to the end of my immigration journey. Woot! Woot!!

I realize this forum is for discussing DV processing, and some of you may probable be thinking to yourselves, “so she thinks it’s okay to put up this none DV related post in this sub forum when there’s an applicable sub forum she should be posting on”. Well I’m putting up the post here:
  • To serve as a source of encouragement
  • And because I think I’ve earned the right to (feel free to call it abuse of power) :p
Interview was easy, simple, straightforward. Started with the six civic questions, followed by one line sentence read/write testing. Then a quick review of the information on my N400 form, and the yes or no questions. Interview ended with the IO saying congratulations, I’m recommending your case for approval. Was given a printout which also said congratulations you passed, the test, recommending case for approval. I thanked the IO and asked if my oath ceremony could be admistered same day, letting him know I was willing to wait a couple of hours if need be - ha ha ha (yeah, I was being pushy). My IO took me to the office of a rather stern looking lady who immediately said ‘NO!’ as soon as my IO asked her if I could get sworn in same day. The entire interview was done in less than 20 minutes.

Anyway, here’s my timeline:

05/03/2012: DV 2013 Selection Notification

11/1/2012: I-485 Package accepted by USCIS (CN current in November)

11/15/2012: Biometrics Completed (walk in)

01/28/2013: GC Interview/Approval (same day)

11/03/2017: N-400 Package accepted by USCIS

11/10/2017: Biometrics Completed (walk in)

09/22/2018: Interview Notification Received

10/22/2018: Naturalization Interview/Approval (same day)

10/29/2018: Oath Ceremony Notification

11/07/2018: Oath Ceremony

11/08/2018: Passport Application

Congratulations

Congratulations and you absolutely deserve the right to post this! You are such an incredible source of information AND inspiration! Woo hoo!

Q

Congratulations, you deserve it and more Sm1smom,
One of my children will I’ll be 17 years 8 months when the time comes to the window of 3 month to apply for the citizenship application. What’s your advise? It’s early to apply but good to know and have the information.
Thanks for your advise and helping the people here.

Congratulations, you deserve it and more Sm1smom,
One of my children will I’ll be 17 years 8 months when the time comes to the window of 3 month to apply for the citizenship application. What’s your advise? It’s early to apply but good to know and have the information.
Thanks for your advise and helping the people here.

What is my advise on what? Your question isn’t clear.

What is my advise on what? Your question isn’t clear.
Ok, after I read a lot of posts here and conversation, 1- i understand that N-400 only for 18 years and older, the children under 18 years old we can apply for them N-600 after the aparents got their citizenship not before, correct?
2- thriugh the parents’ citizenships can apply for their passport which means US citizenships too. Correct?
3- To apply for a citizenships should be individual request or is their something to apply as a family with the children, same like when we applied for the GC?
4- Is it better to wait for my child to be 18 years old and apply together in one package or it doesn’t matter and he can apply a lone later after us so if he has chance to get his us passport after we ( parent) received our citizenships certificates?
Thanks for your patience

Ok, after I read a lot of posts here and conversation, 1- i understand that N-400 only for 18 years and older, the children under 18 years old we can apply for them N-600 after the aparents got their citizenship not before, correct?
2- thriugh the parents’ citizenships can apply for their passport which means US citizenships too. Correct?
3- To apply for a citizenships should be individual request or is their something to apply as a family with the children, same like when we applied for the GC?
4- Is it better to wait for my child to be 18 years old and apply together in one package or it doesn’t matter and he can apply a lone later after us so if he has chance to get his us passport after we ( parent) received our citizenships certificates?
Thanks for your patience

1. Correct.

2. Correct.

3. Each person 18 and above must submit an individual N-400 when they meet the requirements to do so. And technically speaking, each person still submitted an individual petition even for the GC, it wasn’t a family application, you only got interviewed as a family.

4. Very few FOs complete the naturalization process in under 4 months. You can either wait for your son to turn 18 and you all apply at the same time. Or go ahead and submit for the rest of the family and your son sends in his own application when he turns 18. Either way is fine, interview will be on an individual basis, there will be no family interview. Each case will be treated independently.