My interview today at 26 plaza New york, The worst day of my life!

jesshe

Registered Users (C)
Anyway, I had such a bad luck today, I was wondering how I got home without hitting by a tree.

my interview was 10am, so I left home 8ish, subway only take me 45 minute usually, the weather is the worst weather of all year to begin with, and I am wearing a hight hill shoes and all professional cloth, carrying a super heavy pack-bag with full document. ( I am wondering why did I waste my time preparing those?)

on the way the wind was so strong that t
rees start to falling down, I was scaring walking on the street and my umbrella broke , and my high heel shoes was super uncomfortable, It took me three time as much as normal day walking , the 7 train keep stopping on the way, it take twice as long as usual time, then 4 train takes forever to come, by the time I got off from subway another super windy weather. I also fall walking on the rain and wind.

anyway I am sure you guys don't want to listen my complains, but believe me if you were in my shoes, you will be as mad as me. and want to talk it out.

so long story short: following is my interview experience.

after arriving to 7th floor, and being wait for 1 hours or so, my name has been called. a middle age , seems like middle European or middle eastern lady interviewed me.

6 questions:
1) What is the national anthem of the United States?
2) what happened on 9/11
3) why 13 strips?
4) what's rule of law?
5) west cost ocean?
6) don't remember.

reading
how many senators

writing
there are one hundred senators.

all approved.

n400 questions go throw fine

so here is the twist, she saw I apply base 3 year marriage, so she ask me for join bank statements, i say we don't have join bank statement coz we keep our bank separate, but I did gave her my daughters birth certificate, (3 year old), marriage license since 2002, house deed since 2005, insurance bills, and join tax returns and con-edison bills, I thought that was enough, so I ask I have pictures, do u need it? she say no.

so I thought fine my case is approved , because I believe join house deed and daughter birth certificate is stronger then a bank account. so she gave me a paper I believe form n625, say I will mail you the OATH!( yes she said OATH!) so I ask can i wait for OATH today? she said no, because IN Jersy there is same day ceremony and not New york, cool, I was actually clam and walk out.

after walk out I saw my form N625 again, and it did not say I have been suggest approved! instead it was you will be receiving a writing decision from us in mail.

so if my decision wasn't approved, why was she acting like I did? I am so disappoint right now! now that I think back We do have TD ameritrade stock brokerage account together, I should have bring that! but we have been married for almost 9 year and 3 year old daughter and a house together, what do they want???

anyway, on the way ban home I felt so bad, and was even more windier, the big board from 26 plaza fells down hard, and I was just 3 step away from the falling big board, I am wondering at way back home, might be I will be hits by a tree or something, it rains super hard and super windy, I got home safe, and was to turn on my pc and wrote this article, however my pc got usual screen, I had to wait 20 minute for my pc to check the error. this doen't happen not even once a year, anyway. can it be worst?

if you read my story pls let me know what does we will notify our decision by mail mean? should I be worried? pls write something if you know, since I took time sharing my interview story , although not a happy one but is a real story. so pls reply. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your case is going to be approved. It will be ridiculous for the IO to deny it because you don't have same bank account. You have been married for a long time. Just get yourself a nice warm shower, soup and tuck yourself in and watch a nice movie, you are over-analyzing issues too much. NY is a rough and crazy place, surviving it will do you good, especially once USCIS approves your case in the next couple of days.

Some N-400's require supervisor's approval and that might very well be the case here, give it a little time it will be approved.

so here is the twist, she saw I apply base 3 year marriage, so she ask me for join bank statements, i say we don't have join bank statement coz we keep our bank separate, but I did gave her my daughters birth certificate, (3 year old), marriage license since 2002, house deed since 2005, insurance bills, and join tax returns and con-edison bills, I thought that was enough, so I ask I have pictures, do u need it? she say no.

so I thought fine my case is approved , because I believe join house deed and daughter birth certificate is stronger then a bank account.

Years-old documents like house deeds and birth certificates aren't as useful as you think when applying with the 3-year rule. That is because the 3-year rule requires the marriage to still be viable throughout the naturalization process, and not on the brink of divorce. Being separated* or filing for divorce would disqualify you, even if you were married for 25 years with 10 kids. That's why they place more importance on recent documents like bank statements; they want to see that you are still together.

*unless the separation is temporary and is due to circumstances unrelated to marital issues, such as military deployment or attending a university course.

say I will mail you the OATH!( yes she said OATH!) so I ask can i wait for OATH today?

You're worrying too much about nothing. It's typical to be handed "decision cannot be made" with marriage based cases due to extra scrutiny required with them.If the IO told you oath letter will be mailed to you, then it will be mailed to you.

dude i swear to god when i read your story i thought it was mine the same thing happend to me on october 18 2010 in newark nj and i was in the same situation so depressing and dissappointing bascily same story with all the details and marriage based and have 2 kids and asking for my name to be changed and handed a n 652 with the same thing uscis will send you a decision in the mail and io told me in the interview i will send your oath in the mail
funny how life is?
today is dec 1 2010 and i am still waiting

Maybe she just checked the wrong box on the form? Have you checked case status online?

The status will not change from "interview/testing" No need to waste time checking it or stressing about it. It will stay like that even after you naturalize.

And don't worry, what you experienced is very standard, you will receive your Oath letter, just give it a few weeks.

dude i swear to god when i read your story i thought it was mine the same thing happend to me on october 18 2010 in newark nj and i was in the same situation so depressing and dissappointing bascily same story with all the details and marriage based and have 2 kids and asking for my name to be changed and handed a n 652 with the same thing uscis will send you a decision in the mail and io told me in the interview i will send your oath in the mail
funny how life is?
today is dec 1 2010 and i am still waiting

It is a she, did you read about wearing high heels?

I don't think you should worry, your marriage is legit. It was refreshing to read your story about the heels and the wind.... :) keep us posted about the outcome.

the weather is the worst weather of all year to begin with, and I am wearing a hight hill shoes and all professional cloth, carrying a super heavy pack-bag with full document. ( I am wondering why did I waste my time preparing those?)

on the way the wind was so strong that trees start to falling down, I was scaring walking on the street and my umbrella broke , and my high heel shoes was super uncomfortable...,
Is that you on the CNN main page?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/US/12/01/southern.storms/t1main.rain.gi.jpg