• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My dad won but want to sponsor my 23 years old brother

You are right Emily

i was talking to him yesterday about the option of coming living here , he said he cant stand the cold here and he is too old to start working somewhere, and he already have his pensions and real estate over there, ( I am just wondering why USA keep selecting old people in DV lottery) my mom wont even think to leave her ountry and environement and to come here, i already told him that USA is a land for young people who wanna work hard, the only thing which may push him to come live here is starting own business (like pizza place or something) so he may need to sell one of his real estate and transfer money then start a business ( at age of 65)

Anyway , in a range of 3 years me and my dad were selected on DV, my hope is that next year my brother will be selected.

Trying to finagle and manipulate the immigration system will only end badly.

Clearly, lady luck is on your family's side so get your brother to apply this year and, fingers crossed, he can make a go of it. :)

Your brother should just keep trying on his own. No point in your Dad processing his selection.

You are right Emily

i was talking to him yesterday about the option of coming living here , he said he cant stand the cold here and he is too old to start working somewhere, and he already have his pensions and real estate over there, ( I am just wondering why USA keep selecting old people in DV lottery) my mom wont even think to leave her ountry and environement and to come here, i already told him that USA is a land for young people who wanna work hard, the only thing which may push him to come live here is starting own business (like pizza place or something) so he may need to sell one of his real estate and transfer money then start a business ( at age of 65)

Anyway , in a range of 3 years me and my dad were selected on DV, my hope is that next year my brother will be selected.

Cold? Gee dude, have you head of California/Florida/Texas etc...? Other issues I can understand, but it's a big country, he doesn't have to be anywhere it's cold.

Cold? Gee dude, have you head of California/Florida/Texas etc...? Other issues I can understand, but it's a big country, he doesn't have to be anywhere it's cold.
Yeah same thought occurred to me when I read this excuse. He can move to Texas, Arizona, etc where it is sweltering. Or if that is too hot, move to Colorado or Northern California. There is absolutely no excuses to move to USA expect for maybe Trump ;)

Outside of the argument of the US being too cold or not for the father, I personally don't think it's a good idea as a matter of fact. With the father being 65, I don't think it's a good age to be migrating to a new country. There's the cost of medical insurance to contend with, he's not going to be eligible to receive social welfare since he hasn't contributed to it. I doubt he wants to start looking for employment at that age or if any employer will even been open to the thought of hiring him. Unless of course he's rolling in dough already, then he might be okay financially.

But then, there's the emotional aspect of trying to start life all over again and making new connections. All these in addition to the wife not being open to the thought of relocating to start with.

Exactly sm1smom , you say it so right, my dad is starting to become old , he want to try something new , but he forget that he still have a 23 years old son who is still in college, and a wife that can not accept to switch environment , beside the fact that he has comfortable situation back home

i live in philly , so it is pretty cold for him in winter , he came in 2014 for a visit , i made him visit many cities he like it so much , but not to a point to want to move , here.

Since i was picked in DV2013 , my dad start to apply for him for mom and for my brother , each separate, for the only objective : my young brother, because he saw me that i was able to find good job in the US and the number of opportunities that this country offer. He think so much about my young brother because back home the situation is difficult with the high unemployment ...

I am trying to convince him about to forget about that , but it is difficult, he is kinda stubborn