my case for green card has been stoped, can i apply for TN visa now?

moosh

Registered Users (C)
i applied for green card (EB3) on 2003, when i was in usa with H1 visa status.
i left usa on 2005 and became a permanant residense of canada.
6 months ago we found out that my employer has changed hid business, so our case for green card got closed.that time my case was ready to transfer to NVC (priority date was current).but it was not gone to NVC yet.
after that we didint continue with GC case, but also never withdraw that.
now i am going to apply for TN visa as a canadian citizen, i just want to know my privious case for GC won't make any problem for me?
and if it does, what should i do? should i withdraw that GC case? and if so, how?
thank you in advanse.

make sure you have proof that previos I-485 is completely DEAD. Then you should be fine.

make sure you have proof that previos I-485 is completely DEAD. Then you should be fine.

Thank you so much for quick reply.
but I never applied for I-485, because I was residense of canada when my PD became current.
my I-140 was approved,PD was current, and just before my file transfers to NVC, my employer changed his business and the case became closed.
although we aren't continuing with this case but we officially never withdraw the case.
what can i do to get the proof that my case is not on process anymore?
and in POE do they check this matter with immigration office?
Thank you in advanse.

If you never applied for 485 then you are fine. there is no action taken place at your end in regards to green card, I-140 was employer's petition not yours.

Even people in this board got multiple TNs with approved 140.

no worried in your case, go ahead for getting TN, good luck..

If you never applied for 485 then you are fine. there is no action taken place at your end in regards to green card, I-140 was employer's petition not yours.

Even people in this board got multiple TNs with approved 140.

no worried in your case, go ahead for getting TN, good luck..

Thank you very much for the reply.
you made my day:)

The I-140 was approved, and even if the employer withdraws it USCIS and NVC will use the earlier PD. The only way to lose the earlier PD is if it was approved in error or through fraud.
Thank you so much for replying to this post.
the reason that we lost the case was that my employer sold his business and started another one, but he doesn't own the second business.
thats why i couldn't continue the GC case with him.
and the reason that i never applied for I-485 ,is that i was out of united state and i was going to do the consular prossesing.(but due to what happened i even never recieved the package3)
anyway, that case is close now.
but i didn't know that i can use that same PD ,later for applying GC.