• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My Aos Experience - Tips - Guide

Hi Blessed 123,

1. You don't yet have an Alien #, it'll be assigned to you later as part of your AOS processing and you will find it in your Notice of Action (Receipt for I-485) when you get it. So, first things first. Right now you don't have it and in form G325 you need to write "none".

2. If you have an Affidavit of Support (I-134) you may as well send it in with your package, but some people prefer to wait until the interview. I sent mine in with the package.

3. Correct, a sponsor needs to be a US Citizen or a LPR. The Affidavit is only required if you have no other means of showing you can support yourself. This way you're covered and they cannot use an excuse to deny your case based on you becoming public charge. BUT, you can show in other ways that you can support yourself. For instance, if you are on F-1 presumably you can continue your studies once you get your GC. I don't know how you're supporting yourself now, but you can continue in the same way. Show bank statements etc. Or, you can find someone who can give you a letter offering you employment.

I used all three: bank statements, offer of employment and Affidavit. They didn't really look at any of them. They assumed that since I was already in the US on a valid "working" visa (R-1) I was continuing in the same activity.

Hope this helps

Barbara

BarbaraLamb said:
If you have an Affidavit of Support (I-134) you may as well send it in with your package, but some people prefer to wait until the interview. I sent mine in with the package.

The sponsor can only be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident (see page one of form).

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

funny, page one of I-134 affidavit never mentions that a sponsor needs to be a US citizen or LPR.
I know a few people who got their I-134 signed by H1B workers.

P.S. I-134 completely disappeared off uscis website. I guess they are editing it. :)

hi,
i wanted to know how you've written your cover letter. i'm about to send my AOS file this week and i don't know how to write the cover letter.
thanks so much.

AOS - Cover Letter

Hi BarbaraLamb

I am preparing my AOS document for 2007ASxxx6000 number to be current, I would really appreciate that you can also email me a copy of your cover letter.

Thank you and Happy New Year!
Jerry

Just moving this link on top.

By the way guys, my laptop suffered a "death by drowning" with an unfortunate late night cup of tea. So my presence on the forum will be intermittent since I'm using a computer at work. I'll do my best to read you posts and answer any questions. For those guys who write to me privately with questions, I apologise for the delay in answering. I'll do my best.

Barbara

I am filing i-485 .Could someone told me what is Cover letter?My father is sponscering me so Do i have to submit i-134 or i-864 (affadavit of support).I am here is F-1 visa.Do i have to submit Job offer.Please send me the sample of Cover letter.Thanks

DV 2009 Winner

Hello All!

I received a NL with CN 2009AF00000XXX from the KCC informing me that I was randomly selected to receive an immigrant visa via the DV2009 program.

I have since sent the DS 230 and DS122 back to the KCC. Can any one advise me on the timeline for an AOS? I am currently in the U.S on an F1 status.

When do I pay the visa fee? Do I wait till I have a visa number?

I appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Hello All!

I received a NL with CN 2009AF00000XXX from the KCC informing me that I was randomly selected to receive an immigrant visa via the DV2009 program.

I have since sent the DS 230 and DS122 back to the KCC. Can any one advise me on the timeline for an AOS? I am currently in the U.S on an F1 status.

When do I pay the visa fee? Do I wait till I have a visa number?

I appreciate your input.

Thanks.

I have J1 visa and recieved my NL last month along with the fees.
But after visiting many threads I discovered that, I have to wait till the second NL.
So, wait....

affidavit of support-italian case

Hi Lucy Mo, maybe you can give me some hints about this doubt I have for the affidavit of suport.
My cousin who lives in LA would sign the affidavit of support for me. What I am not very sure about is the validation of the document. In the instructions I read that the affidavit should be sworn to or affirmed before an officer of US citizenship . How does this work?
My cousin is italian legally residing in the USA married to an italian with a green card. She works at the italian consulate in LA.
She's here in italy on vacation for a few days and I would have her fill the I 134 form here. How do we validate it?
thank you in advance

01/MAY/2007 - Date on NL letter
01/MAY/2007- CN EUXXX248XX
30/MAY/2007 - Mailed back forms to KCC
30/JUNE/2008 - e-mailed KCC to confirm they received forms
02/JULY/2008 - KCC received forms
11/APR/2008 - Number current for June

Hi all,

I mailed my application with all the required documents to Chicago but I forgot to include the cover letter. Is it a big deal? If it is, how do I correct the situation? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear NuvF,

I'm a big fan of you.

I have question regarding to my HIGH & HUGE Case Number.
Are there any chance to get GC for CN: 2011ASxxx43xxx (AOS).
Should I keep in mind about uncertainty (slim luck), and start setting a new hope for the next reapply DV-2012?

Really sorry myself.

Thanks,