'Mumbai Confirmed/Likely Interview dates in July/August/September'

raj1305

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone!!!

The July dates are out!!!! My interview date is on 07/29/04.

Carrying on our tradition I am starting the thread for the next three months. So please feel free to join and bring any outstanding issues or concerns to the table.

So who else has dates in July ? Please join in.I think I am going to be the last guy in July I am sure there are a lot of you guys before me.Write in and lets compare notes on all the last minute things to look at.

Adios

Raj

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My case details :

AC -140 case

I-140 - Approved 02/20/04

I-824 - Applied on 03/09/04

Sent the Packet III information to MUMBAI on 03/24/04.

Recieved BMB case# from Mumbai Consulate 04/05/04.

Mumbai ACI140 - CP - Interview date 07/29/04 :) !!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

is "annotation of spouse's name" in passport necessary?

My case was sent to Mumbai on June 9th. Should have reached Mumbai before 20th June. Therefore expecting an August interview.

Is it necessary to get an "Annotation of spouse's name" entered in your passports if you are married? Some friends (who have gone to Chennai Consulate for their CP) told me, if the last name of the spouses are different in passport (which is the case with me and my wife), then annotation is required.

Can someone throw some light on this issue? Has anybody got this annotation done from the Indian Consulate here?

Thanks
Sanjay

July CPer's

R u guys staying in hotel or in your.......houses. If anybody has booked any hotel please post the details in this thread.

Thanks

Hotels

Like VM, I too am looking for info on Hotels in Mumbai.

VM, if you get any info, please do post them here.

-Sanjay

new photo reqs.

Keep in mind that starting 7/15, Mumbai will be requesting 2 kinds of pics.

3 IV pics and 2(or 4) regular front face pics.

I'll post the details once I find the letter I got yest.

alren said:
Keep in mind that starting 7/15, Mumbai will be requesting 2 kinds of pics.

3 IV pics and 2(or 4) regular front face pics.

{ Does the "My Photo studio's" knows about it.

What about your interview, yours should be done by now isn't it ???}

I'll post the details once I find the letter I got yest.

Thanks
alren

sansin said:
My case was sent to Mumbai on June 9th. Should have reached Mumbai before 20th June. Therefore expecting an August interview.

Is it necessary to get an "Annotation of spouse's name" entered in your passports if you are married? Some friends (who have gone to Chennai Consulate for their CP) told me, if the last name of the spouses are different in passport (which is the case with me and my wife), then annotation is required.

Can someone throw some light on this issue? Has anybody got this annotation done from the Indian Consulate here?

Thanks
Sanjay
Hi Sansin,
Did you get the Annotation of spouse's name" in the passport i do have the same kind of situation .I came to know from one of my friend to include the spouse name in the Passport takes 1 day. pls let me know .

vm1214 said:
Thanks
alren
I'm not sure, but I think they'll be prepared for that.

I'll post my exp. in a day or so. My spouse got a Name check (common name). They're estimating a week to clear up.

Question regarding Interview dates??

Folks,

Since I am new to this Forum (my I 140 has recently been approved!), I have a couple of questions:

1). Is the current wait time to get an interview date in Mumbai almost 3 months? Based on Raj's response it seems like it is.

2). Is it possible to reschedule your interview dates (if needed) by contacting the Mumbai consulate?? Do they normally reschedule the dates??

3). With respect to name check - Alren, it seems like based on your response if you/your spouse has a common name, chances of getting a "name check" are more.. Is this assumption correct??

Thanks a lot!
S

I134 question!!

Hello past and future CPers,,

A question for all of you. My lawyer gave me the I134 and he has signed the section on the I134 where it say please fill this section if this form was filled by someone other than the deponent. and he has printed his name and signed it with the date.

1)Is it still necessary to get this I134 notarized? I guess I am not clear whether the lawyers signature is enough or it is absolutely necessary to notarize the I134 letter?

2) I see everyone is talking about a notarized bank letter. Is it neccessary to get a notarized bank latter. if so what should I ask the bank to write for me on the statement and how do I get it notarized? Do banks notarize lettes?

Regards,

Raj

did you ever get a reply to rescheduling...

Hi Sanjay,

Did you ever get a reply to if we can reschedule a date from Mumbai consulate.

I have posted a few questions in different forums in this website.My main thread running is "please help with ac 140 and lawyer" , if you have time to assist.

Please do reply.
Regards
R.

sanjay76 said:
Folks,

Since I am new to this Forum (my I 140 has recently been approved!), I have a couple of questions:

1). Is the current wait time to get an interview date in Mumbai almost 3 months? Based on Raj's response it seems like it is.

2). Is it possible to reschedule your interview dates (if needed) by contacting the Mumbai consulate?? Do they normally reschedule the dates??

3). With respect to name check - Alren, it seems like based on your response if you/your spouse has a common name, chances of getting a "name check" are more.. Is this assumption correct??

Thanks a lot!
S

1) He's just saying that he helped you fill the form. Lawyer is not a notary. The notary confirms that "You" are indeed "you" who's signing the applicaiton, nothing more , nothing less.

2) No need for notarized bank letter.

sanjay76 said:
3 - That seems to be the general consuses in the past on this forum. I also subscribe to this theory.

E.g. A name like Vijay Singh (again just an e.g., not point to caste, race, creed, religion) has more chances of hitting the name check as opposed to VijayRaghvan SatyaNarayanMurthy (Any body seems Crossing Jordan?)

mine would be in Augut/sept (most probably !)

Friends,

Most probably, I will also have my interview in Mumbai sometime in August/september. Mine is AC140 / E2 category

My case was received in Mumbai on June 10th. I received the packet-3 from them in my Indian address last week and that includes the following:

1. Letter from the consulate stating my case is with them and my case#
2. Instructions for Immigrant visa applicants
3. General Information about affidavit of support - Form I-864
4. Another paper that reads "For all Immigrant visa applicants: Important notice"
5. One DS-230 Part-1 form.

In the "instructions for Immigrant visa applicants", it has been stated that "FIRST: Complete and return immediately to this office Form OF-230 part-1, APPLICATION FOR IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION (Biographic Data). This office can not process your case until this form is received"

Mine is AC140 case. So, while sending the papers to US consulate in Mumbai, my attorney had send the DS230 part-1 for me and my family. Not sure, why they want me to send it to them again. Is it a standard procedure to send the DS230-Part-1 again ?

Also, I came to India in May-2004 and planning to stay here in Mumbai till August. I have been working for the same employer for more than 4 yrs and I am currently working remotely for them. I had not come prepared for the interview in Mumbai though. Any idea anyone, if the form I-134 (affidavit of support), that I need to sign for my dependents, need to be notarized only by a US notary or will they accept, if I get it notarized by an Indian notary.

Thanks a lot in advance.

DBM said:
Friends,

Mine is AC140 case. So, while sending the papers to US consulate in Mumbai, my attorney had send the DS230 part-1 for me and my family. Not sure, why they want me to send it to them again. Is it a standard procedure to send the DS230-Part-1 again ?

{ Usually it is a practice of the mumbai consulate when they receive your case and when they put you in their system, they do send all the above things you mentioned, Do not worry about it . If you have a copy of the DS-230 part I which you send along with AC-140 then you don't need to fill again but if you don't have then filling the same information in another one should not matter you. }

Any idea anyone, if the form I-134 (affidavit of support), that I need to sign for my dependents, need to be notarized only by a US notary or will they accept, if I get it notarized by an Indian notary.

{ I-134 form is the proof to the US consulate to prove that you are capable enough to support you spouse and childrens if you have them, so it is necessary to get it notorisied from US only, but as you are in India and you are not planning to fly back till the interview it is better you talk and email to the consulate people and get the confirmation, as I haven't come across any post which says I-134 notorized in India is acceptable}

Thanks a lot in advance.