Multiple TN1 Visa

kite2020

Registered Users (C)
I am working in USA on TN visa which is valid for next 6 months. Now I have contract offer of 3 years from another company. I am considering this new offer and company ready to issue me three years TN letter.

I have one question if I go back to border to get new TN visa what will happen if its denied. Can I able to enter based on my current TN1 Visa which is still valid for next six months.

If your denial was simply for paperwork errors, your current TN would still be valid. If your denial was due to your being inadmissable for some reason (crime, intent, etc), then of course your current TN would not do you any good for entry.

Tip: When you get 2nd TN make sure you hold on to first I-94, as you will still need this to finsih up at first job.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your denial was simply for paperwork errors, your current TN would still be valid. If your denial was due to your being inadmissable for some reason (crime, intent, etc), then of course your current TN would not do you any good for entry.

Tip: When you get 2nd TN make sure you hold on to first I-94, as you will still need this to finsih up at first job.

I worked for company x still have TN visa valid till 2015 and still hold I94. Then I got another company Y TN visa good for 2015 and currently working for company Y.

Now company X approached me to join them back.

Do I need new TN visa for company x?

I worked for company x still have TN visa valid till 2015 and still hold I94. Then I got another company Y TN visa good for 2015 and currently working for company Y.

Now company X approached me to join them back.

Do I need new TN visa for company x?

-- Your TN for "X" does not get cancelled because of your new TN for "Y". That said, you can still work for "X" with your existing TN (that was issued to work for "X").

There is not enough information to say that the original I-94 is still valid. if the relationship with firm A was entirely severed, then the I-94 is no longer valid, in my opinion.

I worked for company X and got second TN visa for company X. The last one is for three years TN visa till 2015 by mail. Then I got offer from company Y I joined them two months back and got three years TN visa for them till 2015. Now company X came back and I also want to join them back.

When I went for TN visa for company Y officer asked for I797A and gave it to back to me saying it belongs to me. I traveled to Canada only to get TN visa for company Y. There was no gap between leaving X and joining Y. I get salary from company Y. I DO NOT get salary FROM X.

Now HR of company X is confused whether I need new TN for them or not when I still have I797Awhich is good till 2015.

I checked E-verify by using self check which says I am good to work for company X. Even company X did E-verify and I-9 which also says I am good to work for company X.

Not sure how to confirm validity on TN visa I have for company X.

You didn't answer my concern: Did you quit Company X or did they lay you off? If so, then your I-94 with them as your sponsor is no longer valid, in my opinion.

If you took a leave of absense, then it is still good.

I-94 Expiry date and actual I-94 validity are 2 separate issues. The I-797 is unimportant.

Thanks Nelsona.

I quit the company X. I am going to get new TN visa for company X. Company lawyer also told to get new visa.

I also got three years TD visa for my wife and daughter when I applied TN1 visa extension for company X.

What is the status of their TD visa? When I moved to company Y and resigned from company X?

As I understand till my TN visa with company Y is good their TD visa is also good.

Do I need to apply new TD visas for them after getting new TN1 visa for company X? I am planning to travel alone to get TN1 visa. If required will apply TD visa for them by mail.

Their TD's have been unaffected by all this: YOU have always been TN, this YOUR sponsorship of them for TD remains the same. Just remember that their TDs for now have a differnt expiry date.

Thanks Nelsona, I got three years TN today. Few things I noticed office asked me originals and latest salary statement, and gave visa in 10 min even without looking all originals.

And he returned now useless I94(actually now I have two). I will send them by mail.

One question: When getting a new TN1 makes all other TN1 invalid. What does it mean A PERSON CAN HAVE MULTIPLES TN1 VISAS.
For example today I have two valid TN1 visas and their I94 all valid for next 3 years.

A new TN does NOT make all other TN invalid. Otherwise it would be impossible to work for 2 or more sponsors (this is quite legal). Only ceasing your relationship with the sponsor, expiry, or confiscation by DHS makes a TN "invalid".

Do not confuse an I-94 that has not expired, with what is a valid I-94. For an I-94 to be valid, it must be unexpired AND you must still be in a sponsorship relationship with the sponsor.

There is no need for you to send any I-94, expired or not, anywhere. Keep them for your records. (You should already have a copy of every I-94 issued to you and your family in your own files). Only those leaving the country for good need to make sure their latest I-94 is submitted to DHS.

F-1 (on OPT) to TN Visa - Mexican

Hi,

I am a non resident (Mexican) who graduated this past May from a college in WI and am currently on OPT (expires on June 30th, 2013) working as a graphic designer in Missouri.

I would like to apply for a TN visa to keep working here. Going through the requirements, I ran into a tricky sentence about education/experience requirements. It reads:

"Graphic Designer - baccalaureate or licenciatura degree; or post-secondary diploma or certificate and three years’ experience"

Of course I have the baccalaurate degree in Graphic Design, but I do not know if the three years' experience applies to me. If it does, I would not be available to apply for a TN Visa.

All the other requirements are no problem, as I seem to fulfill them all.

also, would I be able to attend to a TN visa interview without leaving the USA?

Your advice and guidance would be much appreciated!

Rodrigo

The experience requirement is ONLY for those with post-secondary diploma. Bachelors degree requires nothing more.
Ifd you wish to stay in US during thos process You submit a TN form I-129, by mail. There would be no TN interview. You would not have to leave the country, but if you did, you would have to go to US consulate and get TN visa stamped.

TN Visa for a new company

I work in a company X and I'm holding a TN visa valid until September this year, the thing is that I had a job offer from a different company "Y" and I'm thinking on taking the offer, now, can I start working with this new compay "Y" with my current TN Visa and I -94 or do I need to get a new TN Visa for my new job?? If I need to get a new Visa, can I get it here in the US??, can I start working for the new company during this proces??

Thanks

You need a new TN. Yes, your new employer can file an I-129, but you cannot work for them until it is approved. Your other option is to go to the border.

The process is get new TN allowing you to work at new job, keep old TN and then tell old employer you are quitting.