Moving after citizenship

maisflocon

Registered Users (C)
Hi, if we move after obtaining citizenship, do we need to notify USCIS about this? What about Passport Agency?

Or more generally, what are all the places we need to notify (aside from personal things such as credit card companies, etc.)?

Once you're a citizen, you aren't accountable to USCIS anymore, so say goodbye to them. You also don't have to notify anybody else. If you leave the country, then you could register with a US embassy of consulate.

Hi, if we move after obtaining citizenship, do we need to notify USCIS about this? What about Passport Agency?

Or more generally, what are all the places we need to notify (aside from personal things such as credit card companies, etc.)?
If you want to sponsor relative then it is better to update Social security administration so that SSA data shows you as US citizen. You need to fill up form with SSA office with evidence of US citizenship.

When you go abroad, go to the embassy and inform them that you're there.

Sorry I should have asked this -- what's the advantage of doing this? Seems like extra work to me (having to wait in line and stuff) Is this a one-time thing or I should register every time I visit a country (or the same country).

Sorry I should have asked this -- what's the advantage of doing this? Seems like extra work to me (having to wait in line and stuff) Is this a one-time thing or I should register every time I visit a country (or the same country).

I believe that you can register online. You can tell the State Department where you will be and when online.