Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Visa1,
I was advised by my attorneys to bring a notarized I-134 to my interview (for my wife). Although my recollection is that the I-134 can be notarized OR signed in front of the consular officer. Both are sufficient, I believe.
I'll try and find out if the I-134 needs to be notarized or not during my interview.
Muffin1973

muffin:
thanks muffin. It does not make sense for those of us who live in canada and opt for cp, to go across the border just to notarize an affidavit.

good luck and thanks again

POE-Champlain, NY

Is this usual? CHAMPLAIN, NY

Dear Friends, I am sorry as this is the wrong place to post this, but I believe a lot of people with Montreal Interview will have Champlain POE, so it might help me.

POE: Champlain, NY
Date: April 2, 2004
Residence: NY

We (2) came from Canada (Montreal) to US (NY) by road via Champlain. Passport stamped at Champlain. My Wife got her card and welcome letter from TSC in 2 weeks (April 19). I did not receive anything yet.

1. Is this usual for one person to get the card and other one not to get it?
2. Is this usual to get the card from Texas? I believe it should be Vermont!
3. Any one from Champlain POE still did not get the card?
4. What I need to do now? Can I call some number to find out what happened?

Please help…Thanks in advance…

Interview completed, entered US

Everyone,
We had our interview on May 7th at the US Consulate in Montreal. Everything worked out well! I've posted a very detailed account of our experience in the word document.
Our POE was Montreal Trudeau Airport, and we now have the I-551 stamps in our passports.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!
Best wishes to everyone.
Muffin1973

conratulations muffin

Congratulations muffin. I was wondering if you found some information regarding I134. Do they need it? Can it be notarized at the consulate?

Thanks

muffin:
I have lived in a country that I have never visited since I was 15 yrs of age. I do have a PCC from that country which is a year old now. Since I have never visited that country since, do you think it is necessary to obtain an up-to-date PCC from there as well?

thanks

Visa1,
With respect to the I-134, IF you are outside the United States (which you are) it should be sworn to before of a consular officer at the time of the interview.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-134.pdf
With respect to the PCC, here is what the NVC states for your situation:
"...IF the applicant lived in a different country for more than 12 months
AND was 16 years or older at that time
THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from the police authorities of that locality...."
So, according to this rule, you don't need a PCC from this country because you were younger than 16 years of age at the time you resided there. However, I would get them again anyway, if they are easy to obtain. You can never have too much documentation at the consulate.
Muffin1973

Congratulations

Congratualtions Muffin1973. Major paper work and uncertainity part over for you. Good luck in your future career.
Quick question, to get RCMP clearence Do we need to apply personally in Canada. Or can we apply for it staying in US. Reason is I am planning to apply for GC on my TN status. My prospective employer is applying for I-140 directly for me i.e using approved labor. So once I-140 is submitted, I think If I go out to Canada and try to reenter into US, I may be denied reentry because of my Immigration application pending. Pls advice. Thanks

muffin1973 said:
Everyone,
We had our interview on May 7th at the US Consulate in Montreal. Everything worked out well! I've posted a very detailed account of our experience in the word document.
Our POE was Montreal Trudeau Airport, and we now have the I-551 stamps in our passports.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!
Best wishes to everyone.
Muffin1973

Asvar,
Thanks for the kind wishes.
To get a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from the RCMP you do NOT need to apply in person in Canada. I did not apply in person, I merely followed the instructions on the RCMP website:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/crimrec/finger2_e.htm#Obtain
You are correct in that once your I-140 is submitted, and if you're on a TN, you may encounter difficulties regarding "dual intent" at the border. This is one of the benefits of having a H-1B visa - it allows the beneficiary to have "dual intent".
Muffin1973

muffin:
Like you predicted the Automated msg now says on May 10 that my case has been forwrded to the montreal consulate. Even though they say that I should contact MTL with any furthur questions, do you sugesst that I still call NVC and ask for my interview date? or do i call MTL?

thanks

muffin:

did you take any money orders or demand drafts with you? does the pk 4 instruct these things?

thanks

Call the NVC

Visa1,
Congratulations on nearing the end of the journey!
Call the NVC (1-603-334-0700) tomorrow, probably around 2 p.m. EDT. That's when I called, and had virtually no wait. The operator will ask you for your case number, full name and date of birth. Once you provide that information, the operator will tell you the date of your interview (get them to repeat the date several times so you're sure of it).
With respect to money orders, no one asked me for any money at the Consulate. I paid $670 (2 people x $335) early on in the process, so there should be no need for any more fees to be paid. REGARDLESS, being the anal person that I am...I did take $200 US into the consulate and my Visa card in case anything popped up.
If you have an email address that you want to share, I can scan the contents of my Packet IV (with the exception of my appointment letter) and send it to you. These are instructions on medical, photographs, etc.
-Muffin1973

Thanks muffin. I have sent a private msg with an email id. My interview is set for June 4.
I was wondering if anyone here know of any good immigration photographers in toronto/GTA area? Also other than howard stein are there other doctors in Toronto that we could go to?

Visa1,
That's great news about your interview date being set.
According to the information sent with Packet IV, there are five Ontario physicians that have been designated to perform a US Immigration Medical : Dr. Howard Seiden and Associates (Toronto, 416-362-5603); MDS Executive Health Services (Toronto, 416-364-3008); MDS Executive Health Services/Dr. Al Laity (London, 519-433-4150); MDS Executive Health Services/Dr. Maureen Stewart (Ottawa, 613-523-8998); Dr. Howard Seiden and Associates/Dr. Laura Penava (Windsor, 1-866-362-5603).
I know that Seiden in Toronto offers same day results, which is convenient. If MDS in Toronto is like MDS in Montreal, it's 48-72 hour turnaround on results.
I don't know about photos in Toronto, but Tony's Photo Studio in Montreal is real quick - like 15 minutes. It's pretty much next door to the US Consulate also.
Muffin1973

Pcc

Hi, Experienced CPers,
Appreciated all who share your precious experiences here. I am going for CP in MT.
My question is for PCC in China. I had one done when I left China 8 years ago and have not been back yet. I am currently Canadian Citizen and working in US. Will MT visa officers require one PCC for China dated within one year to the interview date? Could someone share with me the source of requirement on PCC date? I sent an email to the consulate and did not get any response. NVC site did not say anything about the sign date.

Thanks,

Frank

Frank:
Here's the deal - IF you lived in China (for more than 12 months) AFTER you were 16 years of age, then you'll need to get a new PCC. Whether you were back to China is irrelevant. If you were less than 16 years of age at the time, you don't need a PCC according to NVC regulations.
The police certificate needs to be less than 1 year old at the time of your interview. I always thought that it had to be less than 1 year old at the time of NVC review, but apparently it should be less than 1 year old at the time of the interview. At least this is what the Consulate Staff in Montreal told me during my interview.
Muffin1973

Old PCC

Did anyone on this board go for interview with an old PCC? Anyone with that experience please comment. For those of us with no time to obtain new PCC from hard-to-obtain-pcc countries, it'll be helpful.

Frank:
when is your interview date? Mine is in June 1st week. If you know more about PCC date pls comment here.
thanks

Muffin1973,
Thanks a lot for the helpful information. It just sounds weird to me and the officers in China that they need to prove my innocence for the period I was not in China. However, I will just do a new PCC in China anyway to make sure.

Have a great one!

Frank

Visa1,
Thanks for the concern. I have not reached the interview stage yet. Just want to get documents ready ahead of time...
The best wishes,

Frank