Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

niwea:

An Indian citizen holding Canadian PR needs a visa to travel to the USA. At the airport/road border he will be subject to fingerprinting and a photograph will be taken.

An Indian citizen holding the US green card does not need a visa to visit Canada. The I-551 stamp on the passport or the physical green card is sufficient. The purpose must be a visit. If the person is coming to work in Canada temporarily, say on a project, he will need a temporary work visa.

- Prithis

Thank you Prithis

Thank you so much Prithis. Appreciate your continued visit to the forum even after getting GC.

Help!!CP in Montreal

Hi CP veterans in the forum,

I am a PR in Canada since 2000. I just got my I-140 approved, and I wanted to have CP in Montreal. But my wife is on F-1 visa in the US. She doesn’t have PR in Canada. Do you know if we can go CP in Montreal? Will we have the interview together, or she has to be interviewed later after I get my greencard??

You knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Wilson

wilson888:
My thoughts are
If you are a PR in canada, then your is wife is entitled to become one (whenever she chooses to). If she visits canada even once she can become one as your dependent/wife.

So then logically I suppose the US will only be concerned about you the primary IV applicant's PR status. Perhaps your lawyer can help with more info.

Question for wilson888

Wilson:
We have been in Canada since 2000 too. Do you commute to the US for work? Do you have already currently have an employer in the US?

thanks,

Thank you visa1

We didn’t apply Canadian PR for my wife since I’m applying for the US greencard. And we just got married last year. My wife is going to school somewhere else so we are together yet. To answer your question, I commute to the US on a weekly basis to work. My employ is sponsoring my greencard.

I’ve sent an e-mail to the consular in Montreal but didn’t get a reply yet. I’ll check with NVC also on this.

Thanks again,

Wilson

Can anyone here please tell me what the automated tel message "case completed . Await futhur instructions in 8 weeks" means? Is this the stage where my case is sent to the consulate?
or will I hear another different message when my case is sent to to the consulate?

When will I hear of the visa number in the automated tel message system?

Any input regarding this is appreciated. Thanks.

Visa1,
Not quite, but close. Here's a timeline of events: If you starting hearing this message AFTER April 20th, it means than you'll have to wait until May 20th, at which time the NVC will request a Visa Number from the State Department and you'll have your interview scheduled by the middle of June for the first week or second week of July. If you heard this message before April 20th, then move everything up one month (i.e. interview in June).
I assume that you're doing CP in Montreal.
When the case is formally sent to the Consulate, you'll hear a message stating that "your case has been forwarded to the Consulate in Montreal, and please contact them with any further questions..."
Muffin1973

Thanks muffin. I heard this message on April 6. Good to know about the possible date of interview. Yes I have opted for Montreal
Good luck to you , with your interview.

Visa1,
If you heard this message on April 6th, it means that the NVC should have requested a visa number for you on/or about April 20th. Once they get this number, they'll schedule your interview during the second week of May (you should call the NVC and speak to an operator the week of May 10-14, as they'll tell you your interview date. The NVC staff are quite courteous, a welcome change from the USCIS).
I predict that your interview date will be the second week in June. Mine is next week in Montreal :)
Best of luck to all Montreal CP'ers, and thanks to everyone again for posting such informative information on this board.
Muffin1973

where and what type of message? I am so confused.. that is depressing me.

People, can any of you please explain when will I hear from KCC,given I am selected, who fall into EU category (Uzbekistan)? I am new to this forum, so I am ignorant about most of the terms you guys use to explain things... how do you guys know when the interview and all that this messages etc. Any response is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am 18 year-old citizen of Uzbekistan, presently attending a University in NY (F-1 status). Applied for GC under DV-lottery in November of 2003.

Thank you!

To ceo1093..........

Drastvuitye ceo1093!!

What is KCC?

Anyway, probably you posted your question in wrong forum. There's a separate forum here for the DV (diversity visa aka lottery visa) applicants at http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=38 - I see that you also posted your question there. Good, hopefully you will get answer quickly there.

Now since you already asked here, let me comment based on what I know (Beware! I am neither an expert nor an attorney for immigration matters). Since you applied in Nov 2003 for DV-2005, you will be informed - only if you are selected - anytime during the May 2004 to July 2004 period and you can then start consular processing as per directions mentioned in their notification. Don't go for I-485 or adjustment of status because this takes too long and meanwhile your number could be filled by other winner (as you know, they intimate more people than visa quota which is filled by first-come-first-serve basis).

Good luck - paka paka!

Last edited by a moderator:
to jigesh

Thank you so much!!! Unfortunately, nobody has responded in another thread where I, as well, posted this question... so I will continue it here, sorry for off-topic.

I am still confused why some people on this board claim to be notified by KCC already, athough the month of May has just begun?

As far as I understood I-485 is for those who are presently in the United States who will be applying to change their status, given they are selected? In that case, (I am soo sorry to ask naive questions) are You suggesting me to apply for GC, given I am lucky to be selected, from back home, Uzbekistan?

Moreover, could you by any chance know how hard is it to be selected for the citizens of Uzbekistan? How does the lottery work? According to uscis.gov, applicants of certain regions or countries are piled up together and are selected from there, so that GC is devided equally among all regions countries. In other words, my countrymen my "rivals?" Is that how it works.. or have I misunderstood something? jigesh, thank you so much again. Spasibo bolshoe!!

Do svidaniya (poka)

As far as I understood I-485 is for those who are presently in the United States who will be applying to change their status, given they are selected?

Da; like you are on F-1 and if you win lottery visa, you have an option for I-485.

...are You suggesting me to apply for GC, given I am lucky to be selected, from back home, Uzbekistan?

Da, da. That will be faster. They will send all instructions - so don't worry; just pray for winning!

how hard is it to be selected for the citizens of Uzbekistan?

This is plain mathematics: the probability is number of valid Uzbek applicants divided by number of valid applicants born in eligible countries from the same group.

According to uscis.gov, applicants of certain regions or countries are piled up together and are selected from there, so that GC is devided equally among all regions countries.

Here you partly answered your earlier question yourself.

In other words, my countrymen my "rivals?"

Countrywomen, too - zenshine, as well as mushin.

Received plastic cards

Folks

I received all my family's plastic cards. Two cards arrived on 22 April and the other two arrived today (4 May). Our POE was Detroit (Ambassador Bridge) from Canada on 1 April. We have received a number of welcome letters (duplicates) too on various dates.

- Prithis

Prithis,
Congratulations on the successful completion of the process.
My interview is in two days - already done the photos (at Tony's) and medical (MDS Executive in Montreal). Now just waiting for the consular interview.
Everything has been smooth so far, thanks in large part to the wealth of information on this thread.
I'll post my experience soon, once it is all completed.
Muffin1973

Notarized?

Does anyone here know for sure if a notarized I134 is required at Montreal? I live in Canada and was wondering if I could just take I-134 without notarization to the interview? Anyone with experience pls reply.

Much thanks,