Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Montreal Intervie date?

Hi Folks,
I called NVC today to check the status on my CP application, she replied that the Case review was completed on 22nd October and sent for scheduling an interview date.
Any idea what date can be assigned for interview, I am going out of US on vacation from 7th of December to 31st, is this a possiblility that the Interview date will be assigned in that period, If it will, can I reschedule the interview.
On the other hand I have to go to Montreal in First week of December for couple of days from my Job, can I request to embassy to schedule an interview for that week.
Please advise.
SBZ

Re: Re: Welcome letter and card

Yesterday, I received a welcome notice from TSC complete with SRC number which can be used to track status online. The notice mentions that I will get the card in 3 weeks.

- Pulitu

Originally posted by pulitu
pkv2,

I hope you were succesful in having your plastic card error fixed and that your spouse has received her plastic.

I haven't received welcome letter or card although we did our POE the same day. Also, TSC and CSC (being the center which processed my I-140) do not have any record of my A#. Do you have Toronto's phone number; perhaps I can call them to inquire about status... Or I am willing to try any other idea anyone else might have.

- Pulitu

Re: GAP IN JOBS

Shold not be a problem at all. There is no problem with CP even if you are out of status. That does not apply to you even.

Originally posted by sanju92
I have my CP interview in montreal.
From last 5 and half years I am working in US on H-1. I worked
for company A from July 98 to April 99 and my 1-94 was valid for July 2000 for company A . I left

Re: Re: Re: Welcome letter and card

congratulations Pulitu. I am facing the same problem. Tsc is unable to trace from A#. Did you end up calling the toronto airport ? Please advise.

Yesterday, I received a welcome notice from TSC complete with SRC number which can be used to track status online. The notice mentions that I will get the card in 3 weeks.

- Pulitu

Re: Re: Re: Re: Welcome letter and card

Intjar,

Yes, I did call Toronto Airport (the same number that Jiang had posted). I was told

a. That the timelines of my case was unrelated to someone else's case. So, if someone else did their POE on the same day and had received their welcome notice and card, I should not expect similar timelines.

b. That they send out the packets to TSC every week.

c. That beyond discussing things in general terms (a. and b. above), they were not going to talk about my specific case i.e. they were not going to see if my file had been sent to TSC.

d. That I should expect to get a plastic card in about 1 year

The TSC officer told me that if I don't get my card in a year, I should call then to re-create my file. To tell you the truth, I was quite resigned to doing just that since I did not believe that I would get any traction. It was a pleasant surprise when I got the welcome notice yesterday.

I hope you will get yours soon too.

- Pulitu

Originally posted by intjar
congratulations Pulitu. I am facing the same problem. Tsc is unable to trace from A#. Did you end up calling the toronto airport ? Please advise.

Re: PORT OF ENTRY REFUSAL IN PAST

Originally posted by sanju92
3) Other important question is about one column in DS 230 Form.
have you ever been refused entry in US?
MY ANSWER IS "YES"
5 years back I was going to detroit from toronto to see my friend.That time I was canadian immigrant and US immigration officer at port of entry did not allow me to enter in USA. I was carrying my resume also..so he gave me a slip and did not allow me to go to detroit.After that I got H-1 Visa and now it is my sixth year in USA on h-1 visa.
IS IT GOING TO CREATE PROBLEM IN INTERVIEW?
HAS SOMEONE FACED SAME PROBLEM?
PLEASE COMMENT......

Probably not, especially if you were admitted later on. I would imagine that you would be in much bigger trouble if you had answered NO.

Brian

Re: Re: Re: Welcome letter and card

Today, 11/01/02, I received another welcome letter and the plastic card. Whew!

POE formalities 08/21/02
Interview 08/21/02
Montreal Entered P3 06/10/02
P3 NVC-->Montreal 05/23/02
NVC Case Recd. 04/19/02
Successor-in-interest I-140 Approved (CSC) 01/29/ 2002
Successor-in-interest I-140 RFE responded 08/30/01
Successor-in-interest I-140 RFE 08/23/01
Montreal Interview based on original I-140 03/12/02 (I cancelled this interview because attorney advised that ammended successor-in-interest I-140 was required since my division had been sold)
Successor-in-interest I-140 Receipt date 02/20/01
Original I-140 Approved 07/00
Original I-140 Receipt date 11/99
(That's as far back as I can remember; there were other complications with my H1-B extension such as 2 RFEs and a total of 7+ months to get approval but that is another story).

- Pulitu

- Pulitu

Letter and actual card

Dear all,
I agree about the new letter. that was the first thing that they asked me as well....when i went for interview, my letter was about 3 months old...even then, they asked for it.

try to convince the lawyer that you definitely need a new letter.

on a different note: my wife's green card arrived finally...after about 2.5 months from POE in Toronot intl. airport.

I called NVC today to check the status on my CP application, she replied that the Case review was completed on 22nd October and sent for scheduling an interview date.

SBZ, You should be expecting your interview to be scheduled first week of January, 2003. Your case will be sent to Washington on the 20th of Nov. to request visa numbers and you can call NVC around the 10th of December to find out when your interview has been scheduled. I am pretty sure that you cannot 'ask' for a date that is convenient to you, if the one you get is not suitable for you, you can ask for it to be re-scheduled - they will usually reschedule a date 1-2 months from the original date.

DONE!!!!

Had our interview yesterday. Pretty uneventful after all those months of preparation and watching the calendar. Got to the consulate at 8.30, was almost 9 by the time we got upstairs. We were finished at 11.30 am though - I am pretty sure they do the easy cases first especially those where all the original documents are already in and everything is in order. We were asked only for the following: photos, medical, employment letter, and affidavits of support (of course, the DS230 Part II). More later.

But a note of caution - Tony's photo studio - he is there only in the mornings. If you plan to going there in the afternoon/evening, you must call and make an appointment.

?? December Interviews

Hi All:
Our pkt 3 review was completed on 10/2/02, we are hoping for a December Interview, called NVC today, still no date, is anyone else in similar situation ?, has any one been scheduled for December in Montreal, please post..

has any one been scheduled for December in Montreal, please post..

NVC typically has the dates after the 10th of the prior month. Call around then, then call every third day or so.

PCC

My interview is on 18 th Nov. I have question about PCC.
I am living in canada and I got my PCC from Indian consulate ad RCMP.My wife was studying in India for a year and she took PCC from Regional passport office in india and also took local police certificate from india.Now she came to canada 4 months ago
as canadian immigrant.DOES SHE ALSO REQUIRE PCC FROM RCMP? For how long PCC IS VALID?
CP experts please reply...

StillAtSea:
Thanks for your reply, congratulations on finally reaching the shore, acouple pf Q's:

1)Did you have your medical in Toronto or Montreal, I am wondering whether for a Tuesday interview(for example) can one have their medical on Moday, pickup the reports and drive over to Montreal the same evening, or would that be too risky??

2)Did they ask any questions during your interview.

Once again hearty congratulations, All the best.

Sanju92:
Your wife does not need a Canadian PCC as she has not lived there six months or more by the time of interview, or if she has been in Canada six months or longer ideally you should get a PCC to avoid any hassles, if you are in Canada you may be able to get a name based PCC before 11/18.
PCC is valid..... unless you re-establish residence in the same country where you lived in past, in that case you may need another one.

Received the cards in 21 days after POE

Justed wanted to let you know Champlain, NY is not a bad port.

DOE: 10/15/2002
Received 4 welcome letters on 11/01, one for my wife and daughter each, two for me.
Suprisingly, Received another 3 welcome letters on 11/02, one for each of us.
Received the actual cards for each of us on 11/04.

I guess we don't have to deal with the INS in ten years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Can a landed Imigrant who have not stayed in Canada for at least 6 months

Thanks in advance for any information that any one of you may provide. I am in a dilemma as what to do next. I would prefer to do adjustment of status rather than having to do CP in my home country.

Help please...
:(

Originally posted by imihelp
Thank you StillAtSea for your input.

Is there Any one to check on the information in packet 3(If it is handy)

Does it imply (anywhere ) that a "landed-immigrant" of Canada (who never have lived in Canada) may use Montreal for CP ?.

What would be the worst case scenario if I still opt Montreal in packet 3 ?.

Thank you all

1)Did you have your medical in Toronto or Montreal, I am wondering whether for a Tuesday interview(for example) can one have their medical on Moday, pickup the reports and drive over to Montreal the same evening, or would that be too risky??

2)Did they ask any questions during your interview.

Former J1:
1) My thoughts - it is a 7-8 hour drive in good conditions from Toronto to Montreal. Second, in our case, the panel physician wanted some additional records for me and wanted our son to have Hep B shots (they don't do certain types of shots, esp. Hep B). So we had to go to our own doctor, get the Hep B shot and some additional documentation, fax it in and collect the result. That took an additional 2 days, though I could have pushed a bit and gotten the results in 1 extra day. We did not anticipate that but thankfully, we had 5 days between the medical and the interview. Other examples could be if youhave been hospitalized or have had surgery, the doctor could very well ask for additional tests or documents.... Third, what if some equipment breaks down or the doctor or radiologist is sick/backed up?...:mad:

2) About 6-7 questions only, who will you be working for, where, how much moolah, etc. Very straightforward. We had submitted originals for all documents with Pkt 3 (birth/marriage certs, PCCs, etc.) so at the time of the interview all we had to provide were the photos, letter of employment, affidavits of support and of course, the medical reports. She did not ask for any other documents, no IRS forms, no tax returns...

Some general comments....

A followup to my earlier posting on our successful interview on the 1st...

a) If you plan to get pictures at Tony's, be aware that he is not there in the afternoons except by prior appointment. We got to Montreal in the afternoon of the day prior to the interview and he was not open.:( ... luckily, he picked up my voice mail and came in to take our pictures later that evening. He will also try and get you to take 4 pictures (2 sets of 2 each, each set @C$11.50). You don't need 4, only two. Save your money.

b) If you have submitted originals with your Pkt 3, these are now put in a separate ziploc bag in your file. You do not have to ask for them or provide photocopies. The visa officer will give you the plastic bag at the end of the interview. We retrieved our birth and marriage certs in the bag without asking for it.

c) After going thru security, you have to go down a steep flight of stairs (about 20) to the waiting area from where you take the elevator. I would have thought twice before taking two strollers with me had I known that (especially with all the winter wear). Also, they use a sniffer machine to check for traces of explosives - so you may want to stay away from fireworks or other similar materials the days prior to the interview.

d) Documents are collected in the following order (this is valid for employment based IV only, can't say for others) - primary applicant, spouse, eldest child to youngest child. If you keep your docs organized accordingly, it will go faster.

e) We did not have our I134's notarized. We signed it in front of the visa officer. (Notary publics in Canada rip you off, charge you anywhere from $30 to $75 per signature:mad: ).

f) Staff and security are very friendly, patient and courteous.