Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

December Interview

We are expecting a December Interview, but have not heard anything from NVC yet, has anyone been scheduled for December?, any idea when we will know??

Thank you very much Morgan.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by imihelp
My current salary is at least 25% higher than that is shown inLC and in the petition for I-140 (EB2/TSC) .

I am awaiting my I-140 Approval and planning to do CP in Montreal.

Does any of you guys know, if it could be a problem during CP / Packet 3 ?.

Would it be required to show/submit the Pay-stubbs anytime during the process ?.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My salary was also substantially higher than the one listed on the LC. The only requirement is that you make at least the LC amount or the prevailing wage - a higher salary is not a problem.

Regarding pay stubs, I took them with me to the inteview, but nobody asked to see them.

hi, guys, picked up immigrant visa today.

Sorry to post my experience so late.

I had a successful interview two weeks ago. But due to my nationality, the officer must ask some opinion from Wasthing D.C.

The immigrant visa officer is very nice and helpful.

I went to the consulate three times. Finally today I got the call and picked up the visa. Hope this is the last trip to the consulate.

the interview is quite easy part. The hard part is waiting, long and anxiou waiting. They collect document by the number distributed on window 25. There are three windows to collect document at the same time. The document collectors will request employment letter, medical and photos first( sign one photo on its side), then bascically check all the information in the DS230(?) and draw some circles. At last , sign the DS230part II. This is not interview; relax.

Then I went back to the waithing room. The interview officer doesn't pick up interviewee by his number. By my observation, she picked up the easy one first. The No. 2 called and interviewed for several minutes, paid fee at window 25 and called for his visa shortly. Then No. 5 is called. A long interview. No visa. No. 7 called. Short interview. Waited for visa issuance. Then the No. 1 was called. But after 30 minutes interview, he got nothing. He explained that some document is missing.Then we all waited for 1 hours until my number No. 3 is called. It is middle length interview. Basically, she browsed througn DS230 biographic form first and asked several question to confirm the form. Then quick through all other documents like I140. I am amazed that they put my FOIA application in my file but not sent anything to me. Finally, the officer told me that she couldn't issue the visa because of tight security reason. She must ask for opinion from Washington D.C. Following is two weeks ordeal for me.

I will go to POE today. Good luck everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Successful Interview on 10/24/02

Hello!

I want to thank this forum for the wealth of information that is available and to all the users posting all the details. I was totally prepared for the interview and the entire process was exactly as described by others.

My family had the medicals done in Toronto 2 days prior to the interview. The staff was very friendly but we had to wait for 1.5 hrs for our Tetnus and MMR shot. So we were quite tired and sleepy by 10:30am. The results were in by 4pm and I asked if it was all okay and the staff mentioned that they will not give the medicals envelope if it was not okay.

I had the interview on 10/24 @9:30am. We arrived at the consulate at7:30am and there was nobody outside the building. As we were leaving another couple showed up and we started talking. In 2-5mins the security opened the doors and let us in. We went through security -asked for passports and interview letter. We then walked down to the elevator room and waited till 8am. The security officer then explained where we need to go and mentioned window 25 for immigrant visa petitions. Once up at the 19th floor we waited for 20 minutes for the lady at the counter to open up and give our numbers. She scanned the bar code on the interview letter and gave a number (C3) with two stubbs.

We waited for 30 mins. and went to window # 2 to give the medicals, photos (3) signed 1 photo on the front, employment letter (Original- not-notorized), reviewed the DS230I &II and signed. The lady also took part of the C3 stubb and told us to hold on to the other piece and wait for the interview.

We waited for about an hour for the interview and went into room 13 and met a counsular officer who asked about my job, company, what I do, visa status (TN) and asked my husband what he did. She then went through all the papers in front of her and glanced at my papers a little longer than my husbands and then closed everything and congratulated us and granted us the immigrant visas.

We waited 20 mins. and picked up our packages (called out by name at this point). We were asked to sit down and review the top sheet. Everything looked good so we left the consulate by 10:30am.

We drove back to Toronto and spent the weekend with family and drove back on 10/27 and POE was port huron. It took approx. 30 mins for the stamping and we ere done. No extra photos were asked for.

The entire process was very painless and the staff the consulate -everyone was friendly and smiling.

If anyone has any questions I will checking in again soon.

-Lotus2002:) :)

POE at champlain

I got my passport stamped today at Champlain port. Visa packet is very thick. i am really worried that it is too full and will be broken.

The INS officer speaked in very low voice. Seems very tired. Sometimes really difficult to understand. I changed the address to mail the green card. He seems not happy about that and asked why and why not to have that done in Consulate. I remember some guys posted in this board that the INs officer will ask you if you want to change address. But for me, I must explain that. He put two stamps on my passport. one is the I551 form. Anther one is the "admitted on Oct . (date), Class (visa class) until ( A#).", the one we all get when admitted lawfully into the States.

When you take your fingerprint and sign the form, the paper need to be fixed to get a good signature. I didn't realize that and sign a bad one.

I appreciate the efforts from all the people who joined and are joining this board discussion. Thanks all. very much.

I love the United States of America. Lets help build a stronger, free country together.

Good luck to everyone, to everyone who deserves US green card.

I am so happy now. I am feeling your past happiness or future happiness.

Last edited by a moderator:
PORT OF ENTRY REFUSAL IN PAST

Hey Guy's My interview is on 18 th Nov. and I have some questions.
1 ) I read in previous posting that at the time of interview consulate ask to sign one photo. Where we have to sign (on back of photo or on front.)? My photographer did not leave any space on front. Photographer did not put any date stamp on my photo..
is it necessary to put date stamp on back of photo?
2 )Second question is about DS 230 FORM.....I read that consulate
asks to sign this form at window...I sent this form with my packet 3 to NVC.Should I carry copy of this and give it at window?...
i am really worried about interview.
3) Other important question is about one column in DS 230 Form.
have you ever been refused entry in US?
MY ANSWER IS "YES"
5 years back I was going to detroit from toronto to see my friend.That time I was canadian immigrant and US immigration officer at port of entry did not allow me to enter in USA. I was carrying my resume also..so he gave me a slip and did not allow me to go to detroit.After that I got H-1 Visa and now it is my sixth year in USA on h-1 visa.
IS IT GOING TO CREATE PROBLEM IN INTERVIEW?
HAS SOMEONE FACED SAME PROBLEM?
PLEASE COMMENT......

I got my Green Card :) (about 1.5 weeks after getting the welcome letter...my interview was on 10/07/02)

Sanju

1 ) I read in previous posting that at the time of interview consulate ask to sign one photo. Where we have to sign (on back of photo or on front.)? My photographer did not leave any space on front. Photographer did not put any date stamp on my photo..

You will be instructed to sign the front of the photo.

is it necessary to put date stamp on back of photo?

No.

2 )Second question is about DS 230 FORM.....I read that consulate asks to sign this form at window...I sent this form with my packet 3 to NVC.Should I carry copy of this and give it at window?...

They have all the information they need. It is better to have a copy with you (just in case) but it is not necessary.

i am really worried about interview.

I was too...but trust us it is very easy :)

3) Other important question is about one column in DS 230 Form. have you ever been refused entry in US? MY ANSWER IS "YES" 5 years back I was going to detroit from toronto to see my friend. That time I was canadian immigrant and US immigration officer at port of entry did not allow me to enter in USA. I was carrying my resume also..so he gave me a slip and did not allow me to go to detroit.After that I got H-1 Visa and now it is my sixth year in USA on h-1 visa. IS IT GOING TO CREATE PROBLEM IN INTERVIEW? HAS SOMEONE FACED SAME PROBLEM? PLEASE COMMENT......

Don't know...sorry

Congrats, Lotus2002

and thanks for the detailed description of your experience. Some quick questions:

a) How many people had shown up at 8 am? Was it crowded already?
b) You indicate you had to give 3 photos, not 2. Is that correct or was there any special requirement in your case?
c) You imply that you signed DS230 Part I and II - I thought the DS230 Part I was signed when sent to NVC.
d) Did they ask for any IRS forms or anything other documents at all? Were you required to furnish tax returns?

Congrats again and enjoy your life as a GC. We hope to gain that status this weekend.

a) How many people had shown up at 8 am? Was it crowded already?

There were 15 people by 8am- however some were part of a family - so not too many

b) You indicate you had to give 3 photos, not 2. Is that correct or was there any special requirement in your case?

My pkg 4 mentioned 2 for the medicals and 3 for the consulate, however only one was needed for the medicals, but the consulate took 3.

c) You imply that you signed DS230 Part I and II - I thought the DS230 Part I was signed when sent to NVC.

Sorry if I was vague, I had to review both I & II (since completed by a lawyer) and signed only II

d) Did they ask for any IRS forms or anything other documents at all? Were you required to furnish tax returns?

None were asked for, but I had carried my tax returns for the last 3 years -just in case.

Good luck for your interview.

-Lotus2002

By my understanding, if you support family memeber, then you need to show tax information. If not, you can show your bank account or job offer to overcome public charge issue. Besides, in some employment categories, you must maintain job offer from the company who sponsors you.

The public charge issue, I think the officer has some discretion. It is not absolute. But more sufficiently you prepare, better it is.

Consulate of Selection

I have opted US Consulate Montreal for Consular processing even though I am in the US right now. I am a permanent resident of Canada, however , have never stayed in Canada, any longer than a couple of weeks.
(Which is permitted by current Canadian Immigration Law)

In form OF-238 (Application for Immigrant Visa), there is a section which asks for the countries where I have resided more than 6 months since the age of 16, and to bring Police Certificates from all those countries.

Here are my questions .

How do I establish my Canadian resdency in that form ?.

What should I state ?. Can I include Canada in the form (OF-238) since the day I become a permanent redent there.

(Unless for US GC, I wish canada to be my place of Permanent residence since the day I became PR).

What is the point of requiring a Police Certificate from RMCP if I have not stayed in Canada for over 6 months?.

Did any of you guys ever had such an experience ?.

You guys are warmly welcome to this debate, as I believe there may be some among us who've been through similar
circumstances.

Advise please...

:)

Consulate of Selection

I have opted US Consulate Montreal for Consular processing even though I am in the US right now. I am a permanent resident of Canada, however , have never stayed in Canada, any longer than a couple of weeks.
(Which is permitted by current Canadian Immigration Law)

In form OF-238 (Application for Immigrant Visa), there is a section which asks for the countries where I have resided more than 6 months since the age of 16, and to bring Police Certificates from all those countries.

Here are my questions .

How do I establish my Canadian resdency in that form ?.

What should I state ?. Can I include Canada in the form (OF-238) since the day I become a permanent redent there.

(Unless for US GC, I wish canada to be my place of Permanent residence since the day I became PR).

What is the point of requiring a Police Certificate from RMCP if I have not stayed in Canada for over 6 months?.

Did any of you guys ever had such an experience ?.

You guys are warmly welcome to this debate, as I believe there may be some among us who've been through similar
circumstances.

Advise please...

:)

You cannot claim to be a Canadian PR without actually residing here (and paying taxes, having a residence, etc.), you can claim to be a landed immigrant - yes. You do have the right to enter Canada on your PR visa for the next 6 months - in Packet 3, there are rules about who can and cannot go thru CP in Montreal - I am not a 100% sure but I think if have landed immigrant status and /or if you have a visa that allows you to stay in Canada for 6 months from now, you can apply thru Montreal. Refer to your pkt 3.

Since you have not lived here for more than 6 months, there is no need to get a PC from Canada.

Can a landed Imigrant who have not stayed in Canada for at least 6 months

Thank you StillAtSea for your input.

Is there Any one to check on the information in packet 3(If it is handy)

Does it imply (anywhere ) that a "landed-immigrant" of Canada may use Montreal for CP ?.

Thank you all

:confused:

Does it imply (anywhere ) that a "landed-immigrant" of Canada may use Montreal for CP ?.

Thank you all

What would be the worst case scenario if I still opt Montreal in packet 3 ?.

Thank you all

GAP IN JOBS

I have my CP interview in montreal.
From last 5 and half years I am working in US on H-1. I worked
for company A from July 98 to April 99 and my 1-94 was valid for July 2000 for company A . I left company A in april 99.
Comapny B Started my transfer of H-1 and I joined company B in July99 (my present employer).There is Gap between two jobs from April99 to July99.In this gap period I went to India because of family emergency. In between my transfer of H-1 was in process.
CAN IT CRAETE PROBLEM IN CP INTERVIEW?
IS THERE SOMEONE WITH SAME ...PROBLEM?
CP Experts please advice.....

Canadian RES.

CHECK NEW RULE FOR maintaining canadian residency.
Now you can live out of canada for 2 or 3 years ...out of previous 5 years. It may help...