Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Re: question about RCMP certificate

Originally posted by rzz1gv
My certified criminal check came back with a stamp on the fingerprint card I had sent out and a form covering note (printed signature ) stating that the certificate was good for a number of reasons including immigration.

Is this what everybody gets?

Thanks

Yes.

Re: Packet 3 reviewed

Hi, salazawi,
Wondering if you have called the NVC to see if your appointment date has been set. Your review completion date is right after the prior month's cut-off date. I just wanted to know how NVC is progressing.

Thanks.

Originally posted by salazawi
Hello everyone,

My packet 3 was reviewed and approved by the NVC on 07/25. What happens now? They told me that the application will be "polled" on 08/25. What does that mean? When do I get an interview date? What is the elapsed time, typically, between when the packet 3 is reviewed and the interview date?

Thanks for any and all information.

hi jiang...

...good timing :)

Just found out yesterday afternoon that my interview will be on Oct. 7, 2002. What do I need to do next? Do I need to setup a medical exam appt or is that done by NVC/Consulate? What documentation should I gather (is anything other than the packet 3 info necessary)?

Thanks everyone.

Re: Card Received

Wow -- I think that is record time for receiving the card. Glad to hear it all worked out for you better than expected!

Originally posted by Nagib Gulam
Damn that was fast. Received the card today 9/3/02.

Thanks to everyone on this forum. Especially GCDreamer2000 who talked me out of driving to Champlain then flying out of Dorval. It looks like either POE is just as fast at processing the card.

Nagib

Interview date out for October.

Just called NVC. Got interview date: 10/10/2002 8:30. The packet 4 has been printed yesterday.

P3 approved on 7/25.

Hi, all Oct. Cper, please keep in touch.

All Sep. cper, please share the experience info, like the visa officer, the interview questions, .... Although the experience should be similar, the input will be really very helpful to future cper.

After you got your immigration visa, is it not good to write out your story with relief, relax and accomplishment? It is good, good to all of us, good to keep this thread alive and updated.

Thanks.

Re: hi jiang...

Encouraged by your posting, I called up the NVC and I've got 10/15. Honestly I don't know what we are supposed to take with us. I did asked the operator and she simply said my lawyer will receive the pk4 in 3-4 weeks. I'll try to call the panelphsicians and see if they can set up an appointment. I don't know if they need some info from the pk4.

Good luck.

Jiang

Originally posted by salazawi
...good timing :)

Just found out yesterday afternoon that my interview will be on Oct. 7, 2002. What do I need to do next? Do I need to setup a medical exam appt or is that done by NVC/Consulate? What documentation should I gather (is anything other than the packet 3 info necessary)?

Thanks everyone.

what needs to be done if the baby is born before the interview?

I'm expecting a baby in Nov-end. And Pkt-3 may just have been sent out. Can anyone tell me, what formalities would be needed to put the baby in GC.

I live in Canada. If the need be, I can get the delivery done in either US or Canada. Though it will be easier to get it done in Canada and I'm inclined for that.

I'm expecting interview in Montreal, some time in Dec, by current calculation.

Do we need to get any vaccination for an infant or will those requirement be ralaxed.

Thanks

Congrats Najib

Najib,
congrats!!! glad to hear that you got your card already.

havent' heard anything about mine...I POE'd at Toronto. Let's hope ours comes in soon as well.

Anyone else has a timeline for card received after POE from Toronto in the last 1-2 months?
thanks,
pkv2

Pulitu-did you get anything yet

Pulitu,
I think you did your POE on the same day as i did. Please post when you hear anything. I hope Toronto POE does not delay the process.
pkv2

Pulitu-did you get anything yet

pkv2,

My POE date was 08/21 (around 6:00 PM) at Toronto Pearson Intl. Was yours around the same time?

I haven't received anything yet i.e. welcome letter or actual plastic.

Please post if you hear something. I will do likewise.

Cheers,
Pulitu

POE at Toronto

Pulitu,
my POE was around 9.00 AM in the morning of August 21st. sure, i will let you know if i hear something as well.
thanks,
pkv2

Re: Packet 4 received.

Can you look up the envelope and see when they actually sent it out? Do they request a updated employment letter from you?
Thanks.
Jiang

Originally posted by cajk2
Just received P4 for Oct. interview.

I remember some guy said there is a copy of p3 form enclosed. But I didn't find it.

P4

What did they ask for in your package 4. My interview is Oct 7 in Montreal and am still waiting for the letter to arrive

I submitted my pk3 in April and was asked to give supplimented materials in June and I did. But my lawyer told me my case is still pending for review. I am supposed to go to Montreal for interview. Anybody has any idea about my case? Thanks a lot.

Steven

Each case is different. Nobody but the NVC knows it. Why don't you give the NVC a call with your case number? You will find out what is wrong. From your timelime, your case is taking long time.

Jiang

Originally posted by StevenDeng
I submitted my pk3 in April and was asked to give supplimented materials in June and I did. But my lawyer told me my case is still pending for review. I am supposed to go to Montreal for interview. Anybody has any idea about my case? Thanks a lot.

Steven

About P4 received

Hi, Jiang: The P4 is very general except for your DOB, petition type and appointment. I guess every Montreal Cper received the same P4.

Basically, P4 told you the interview time, tax return( posted before by PV2?), immigration photos, medical examination. And ask to bring the original docs for birth certificate, ... those that are requested in P3 except photos and medical.

It mentioned the evidence of support and the employment letter. The latter one should be less than 12 months old.

Hi, Deng: I guess you don't hold Canaidan passport. If you are from China, then there is extra processing. It may take very long time. As I know, Chinese interviewed at China can't get visa even after successful interview at present time. Not sure for Montreal.

Thank you Jiang. I called the NVC by the number 603-334-0700 and it always gives me the automatic tape voice. I usually make calls between 2 pm and 4 pm and never got any live operator. Could anybody give me some suggestions on how to make the call and talk to the persons in the NVC?

Thanks in advance.

Steven

If you know your NVC case number, dial the number and press 2 2 3 2 in sequence (allow one or two seconds interval), enter MTL (if montreal), press 1 to confirm, then enter the 10-digit case number. Used to be that you need to enter a wrong case number to get a live operator. But my last call to them was the opposite. Try both out.

If you only have your INS EAC number, dial the number, press 2 2 3 1 and follow the directions.

Good time to call is 8-9 am.

Good luck.

Originally posted by StevenDeng
Thank you Jiang. I called the NVC by the number 603-334-0700 and it always gives me the automatic tape voice. I usually make calls between 2 pm and 4 pm and never got any live operator. Could anybody give me some suggestions on how to make the call and talk to the persons in the NVC?

Thanks in advance.

Steven

Normally if you call them at around 8 AM. They pick it up directly, without it going into automatic system. This was the case 3-4 weeks back. Didn't check off late.

Thank Jiang, ss11, and cajk2 for your response very much. I finally got through. I was told that my case was reviewed but has to go through "Administration process" that has no time frame. Anybody has any idea about the "Administration" process? Living in Canada currently, I am a Canadian landed immigrant with the passport of China. What is the difference between the Canadian passport and Candadian Landed immigrant's passport in the CP of Montreal?

Thanks in advance.

Steven