Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

GCDreamer2000

Originally posted by GCDreamer2000
SO? Not everything that's obvious to you is obvious to others.

I've heard of too many idiots who try to enter Canada with their Sam's Club card and then get angry because they get into problems. Duh!

Relax. Have a beer. You *obviously* missed the smiley.

Re: answers-my opinion

Hi, Pkv2,
Thanks very much for your complete reply.

Originally posted by pkv2
Dear all,
specificallly replying to the questions directed to me.

Thokoo:
BC: if you can't get BC from concerned municipal authority, you need to get an affidavit. i think there is an example on immihelp.com. Please see that website.

My I-140 was through the Nebraska Service Center.

PCC: i am not sure where you would get a PCC for Pakistan. a very good idea would be to call NVC and ask them what to do. I know for the Indian PCC, the Indian Consulate in the US gives the PCC for people who are already here.

Approval date for I-140
Filing date: May, 2001!!!
Approval date: August first week, 2001.
I did not file for CP for 8 months after approval as my family was out of town and i was getting my documents together.

Jiang:
Employment letter:
I included a notarized employment letter in my Packet 3, this was because i was sending an I-134 for my wife. Eitherways, it is a good idea to include it. I sent my P3-St.Louis on April 26,02. I took a letter one or two days before that day and sent it. Also, I took one on July 29th, 02 for my interview on August 19th (again, notarized). this was because i was leaving in the second week of august to Toronto. Its a good idea to have it as latest as possible. In all the documents that I took, the first document that they asked me for was the "current employment letter". therefore, i would recommend that you take it with you.
Immunizations:
the cost is $15 CD per immunization in Toronto.

Former J1:
I think everyone has (my opinion, standard disclaimer!) their I-140 packages there. Mine was a E1-priority worker category, as i work on agricultural research...with a documents about my work, research papers, etc., etc with no LC required. My case was not AC 140. the Consular Officer had my I-140 package open and asked me a question about a word that was in one of the letterheads that i had to include in my package. Is that why they had the I-140...i don't know.

One more question to the group...and it relates to your title " former J1".
the lady who checked the documents specifically asked me if i was ever on a J1 visa. Why did they ask me that...i don't know. is there anything specific that former J1's need to do? Please discuss this with others.

US Citizen daughter:
NO, no problems at Canadian POE for my daughter. My daugter does not have any Canadian status.

GCDreamer2000:
Thanks very much for your message and links after GC approval.

Please let me know if i have missed answering anything.
With best regards. Have a good day.

pkv2

Medical question

I sent my packet 3 in july and hoping for Nov nterview in Montreal. My lawyer sent me a list of vaccination that require for medical but I don't have any record from my home country. Does all these vaccination that listed in the consulate web-site is required ? DO I have to get these vaccination prior to medical or I can get it in Canada at the time of medical (toronto)?

:confused:

Re: Medical question

Originally posted by patelM
I sent my packet 3 in july and hoping for Nov nterview in Montreal. My lawyer sent me a list of vaccination that require for medical but I don't have any record from my home country. Does all these vaccination that listed in the consulate web-site is required ? DO I have to get these vaccination prior to medical or I can get it in Canada at the time of medical (toronto)?

:confused:

One of the reasons why all 400+ messages in this thread are kept alive is because there is a wealth of knowledge here and the vaccination question is common.

If you do not have a record, you will be required to get a tetanus shot and an MMR shot. If you have never had the chicken pox (verbal confirmation is suitable), you will require a vaccination for that, too. Any other vaccinations as an adult are useless and will not be administered.

Brian

Friends:
Has anyone completed their medical exams in Vancouver, is the experience quite similar to Toronto, Montreal etc....
My packet 3 was rec'd from St Louis on 8/19, any guesses when I can expect an interview, anyone else with similar time frame..........

Montreal AC I-140

upen1111:
Yes montreal accepts AC-I140, it's a special processing and entire review is done by NVC, till the interview stage, You can read expert account on this on www.grasmick.com

AC I-140

Former J1 :

Thanks for the link...but i could not find anything on there.....could you plz post the specific link.

I am waiting for my I-140 from NSC.

Is AC I-140 faster than the regular CP ?

Re: Interview Experience

Congrats to you and love your successful store.
I am in the process of P3. When I am waiting for P4, my pc from RCMP is about 7 months old due to resending BCs for my family. Do you know that how long does pc valid for cp? Do interview officers ask for pc at all? I did not see any successful stores that were talking about police cert. Thanks.

Muj

Last edited by a moderator:
Streamlined Montreal Consular Process

upen1111:
the link is:

www.grasmick.com/whatsnew.htm

this is same as clicking news on the home page, you will need to scroll down and the article is there under above title,

AC-I140 is an option available to those who did not request consular processing at the time of 140 sbmission, if you have already requested consular processing, you don't need AC-I140.

packet received from st.louis

Former J1:

My packet3 received by NVC from st.Louis on 8/20. My lawyer said interview is going to be in early November.

Re: police certificates

Many thanks to you. My wife was concerned about it. Now she has an answer.

Originally posted by Nagib Gulam
Mine were about 6.5 months old at the time of the interview. They were never even discussed. I believe that they are valid for 1 year. If the NVC wants newer ones, they will request them during the P3 review.

Nagib
:

Re: police certificates

Originally posted by Nagib Gulam
Mine were about 6.5 months old at the time of the interview. They were never even discussed. I believe that they are valid for 1 year. If the NVC wants newer ones, they will request them during the P3 review.

Nagib

Ditto. Mine were nine months old by interview time. Note that if you currently live in Canada, they cannot be more than 6 months old.

Brian

Are BC, MC, PCC original certificate with Pkt-3?

Please answer this question at the earliest as mine Pkt-3 is about to be sent by the lawyer (may be by Sept 3rd).

Do we really need to send original Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate and PCC as part of Pkt-3. I don't remember providing this to my lawyer and they never asked for it.

Thanks
Sanjay

Re: Are BC, MC, PCC original certificate with Pkt-3?

Originally posted by ss11
Please answer this question at the earliest as mine Pkt-3 is about to be sent by the lawyer (may be by Sept 3rd).

Do we really need to send original Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate and PCC as part of Pkt-3. I don't remember providing this to my lawyer and they never asked for it.

Thanks
Sanjay

You need to send whatever they ask for in the P3.

Originals have been a requirement for almost a year now.

Brian

Congrats

Hearty Congratulations Nagib, Must be feeling great. Thanks for your posts, enjoy the freedom, and keep visiting us.

question about RCMP certificate

My certified criminal check came back with a stamp on the fingerprint card I had sent out and a form covering note (printed signature ) stating that the certificate was good for a number of reasons including immigration.

Is this what everybody gets?

Thanks