Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Re: Tracking the card

Originally posted by nms
brian & other experts, My service center was TSC INS and POE was port champlain.
1. How long should I expect to wait for the actual plastic card?
2. Does anybody have the number to call to track the progress?
3. Would I need some kind of reference number, A#, etc and where would I find it?
Brian, I know you called up some number to get it expedited.
Please help.
nms

nms,

In about 2-3 weeks, you will receive a welcome letter from the TSC. The letter has your A# on it as well as your receipt number. Your card should arrive soon after. If you do not receive it, call the number on the receipt notice and they will "unstick" your card order.

Brian

congratulations

congratulations, nms.
I saw your other post under another thread. Acturally, a new canadian immigration law is in effect from this June. Under the new law, you may be able to keep your immigrant status while in the US. You can check this out at CIC web site.

Re: Re: Tracking the card

Of course, your A# had better be written in your passport with the I-551 stamp! You'll also find this on the Immigrant Visa itself (as the IV number) -- if you kept a copy before surrendering it at the POE.

Originally posted by leroythelion

Ofcoursenms,

In about 2-3 weeks, you will receive a welcome letter from the TSC. The letter has your A# on it as well as your receipt number. Your card should arrive soon after. If you do not receive it, call the number on the receipt notice and they will "unstick" your card order.

Brian

thanks sue999900 & A#

Thanks Sue9999000 for your info on CIC website. I did read about that the new law which permits canadian residency while being in the US - and I do qualify under that law.
Also i was relived to find the A# with my temporary GC stamp. Somebody please confirm that it is A followed by 8 numbers.

Najib, nms and GCDreamer2000

Najib,
thanks for taking the initiative and tracking down kewlpaki...and for posting. if you are in touch with kewlpaki, could you ask to post about details of POE Toronto...how long it takes (processing), and if kewlpaki knows, about how long it took others who processed in Toronto for actual GC to arrive.

nms and sue99990000,
could you post the CIC link that has the material you are posting/discussing about.

GCDreamer2000,
i am also curious about how long it took for your card to arrive from Dorval.

thanks very much,
best regards,
pkv2

I received my card over 2 years ago, so don't go by that experience. I stay involved in this forum (and others) because I'm helping a friend.

In any event, it took me just over 2 months to get my card in 2000. In the two years since then, card production times first got terribly long (9-10 months) and then improved dramatically in the past year. Take a look at cptracker.com and you'll see what I mean.

I would not select my POE based on alleged differences amongst them for receiving the card. The only significant difference I've obseved over the 3 or so year I've been watching this was those who entered through California POEs 1-2 years ago. Make your decision on POE on what is most convenient for your travel plans. Driving to a land border to process when you're flyhing back a few days later is silly. The people at Dorval were very friendly and knew what they were doing, and I hardly think they delay sending your paperwork to the INS any more than any other POE. Spend your time exploring Montreal or take a drive to beautiful Quebec City for something enlightening to do.

Re: thanks sue999900 & A#

Be careful you may have to pay income tax in Canada also. As we all know higher taxes :)

Packet 3 reviewed

Hello everyone,

My packet 3 was reviewed and approved by the NVC on 07/25. What happens now? They told me that the application will be "polled" on 08/25. What does that mean? When do I get an interview date? What is the elapsed time, typically, between when the packet 3 is reviewed and the interview date?

Thanks for any and all information.

Re: Packet 3 reviewed

You should have an interview in Oct, depending on the consulate availability. The poll is at the 20th of each month. It should be 08/20 this month. And interviews will be scheduled the beginning of Sept. Mine was reviewd on 08/02. We'll be in the same month.

Originally posted by salazawi
Hello everyone,

My packet 3 was reviewed and approved by the NVC on 07/25. What happens now? They told me that the application will be "polled" on 08/25. What does that mean? When do I get an interview date? What is the elapsed time, typically, between when the packet 3 is reviewed and the interview date?

Thanks for any and all information.

Re: Re: Packet 3 reviewed

I sent my packet 3 to NVC on 06/27/02 for Montreal CP.
I called NVC today and they told me that they have not recived my original marriage certificate.3 weeks back when i called them to confirm about my original documents then they said they have my all original docs. Can any body suugest what should i do?
What happens if they misplace original docs?
Today NVC operator told me that on 08/14/02 they sent a letter to my lawyer in which they asked to submit original marriage certificate and proof of residency in canada. Can some one suggest that should I send mine landing papers(PR) to NVC Or should I Send PR papers of my wife also? Should I send original or just photocopy?

the reply should go from your lawyer, will not hurt to send copy of both landing documents(don't send originals as they are not required) about marriage certificate your lawyer should be able to clarify that original was already sent and point out how it looked or send a copy of the same, meanwhile when u try to resolve this issue try to arrange for another original copy of the marriage certificate as in my experience with the government agencies, u can never win the arguement , to avoid any further delays keep feeding what they are asking for.

Immunizations

HI, All,
As my interview is drawing closer, I am looking into the medical requirements. Based on a number of previous postings, it is suggested to have panel physicians to give you shot(s) instead of digging into medical history or obtaining documents.
For Td, the web site says:
1. An initial series of three immunizations, which are normally received in childhood at ages 2, 4 and 6 months and a booster immunization within the last 10 years must be documented.

or

2. If you have no proof of a primary series you must begin an adult series of TWO doses of Td 4 to 8 weeks apart with a third dose 6 to 12 months after the second. You must be as up-to-date as possible with your series at the time of your immigration medical.

or

3. You must have proof of a Td booster within the 4 weeks prior to your immigration medical.
or

4. An antibody titers blood test showing proof of immunity to tetanus and diphtheria.

Wondering if you can't proove anything, what option they give out, #2 or #3. #2 is a series, which means you have to return to them or they allow you to do it with your American doctor. #3 is really preferable, which I assume it is just one shot.

Then we also have to take MMR. So in total, it will be two shots? How much does it cost (I recall some previous posts cited $20cdn, is that for each shot, or total).

I called them and could not get a live operator. So your experience is really helpful.

Thanks.

InterviewDate

My review was completed on 7/25/02 and the NVC said probably October for interview date. Any ideas on when would be the earliest I should call NVC to get interview date or best guess as to when in October the interview might be based on past experience. Thanks in advance.

Re: CP Done 8/19

Nagib,
Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I do have a few questions regarding the immunizations. If you can scroll back two postings and you will see my questions in full. In short, the panel physician website says for Td, if you can't provide proof and there is two options: start a series or get a booster shot. Wondering what you got? How about MMR? Where did you do yours, Toronto or Montreal? How much does it cost?

Thanks.

Jiang

Originally posted by Nagib Gulam
I will post the full report tonight or tomorrow. Basically, everything went smoothly with no problems. The interview was less than 5 minutes, with the rest of the time spent waiting. Crossed at Dorval yesterday, and it was also a smooth very fast procedure.

You can email me questions if you have them.

Nagib

Re: CP Done 8/19

I will post the full report tonight or tomorrow. Basically, everything went smoothly with no problems. The interview was less than 5 minutes, with the rest of the time spent waiting. Crossed at Dorval yesterday, and it was also a smooth very fast procedure.

You can email me questions if you have them.

Nagib

Good stuff. Congratulations.

Brian

Re: Golf

We golfed at Golf des Iles. Beautiful course, and cheap ($44 Canadian with cart). You have to hop on a ferry to get to the island course, so it was nice and quiet (no roads).

Of course I suck, so I won't even bother posting my score..

Nagib

Never got to play there, considering I lived in Montreal the first 30 years of my life. Played at Bellevue on the South Shore two weeks ago. Pretty cheap to play compared to some of the courses here in the NYC area. I had taken a trip downtown that weekend and drove by the Consulate for old time sake :D . I've no desire to go back in there :cool: .

Brian

Nagib:
Hearty Congratulations, and a couple of Q's:
1)For attorney Certified, how much attention is paid to the I-140 papers.
2)about how long did it take for u 2 get an interview after sending pkt 3 to St Louis
Thanx

Re: Questions

[I sent my packet 3 to NVC on 06/27/02 for Montreal CP.
I called NVC ON 08/16/02 and they told me that they have not recived my original marriage certificate.3 weeks back when i called them to confirm about my original documents then they said they have my all original docs. Can any body suugest what should i do?
What happens if they misplace original docs?
Today NVC operator told me that on 08/14/02 they sent a letter to my lawyer in which they asked to submit original marriage certificate and proof of residency in canada. Can some one suggest that should I send mine landing papers(PR) to NVC Or should I Send PR papers of my wife also? Should I send original or just photocopy?

NVC toold me that they have sent a letter to my attorney asking original marriage doc and proof of residency in canada.But till today (08/21/02) my lawyer has not recieved any letter.Is some one faced this type of problem?Please suggest....
Should i send my copy of landing papers without waiting for letter from NVC.