Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Good Luck and best wishes- Mtl Cpers

Hello Folks,
just to wish best wishes to all Mtl-Cpers who have their interviews scheduled in the first two weeks.
Hope everything goes well.
best regards,

pkv2

gcdrone: need your help

gcdrone:

congratulations on getting you montreal cp done.

are you a canadian landed immigrant or canadian citizen?

i am in the process of getting my landing papers in canada and i am trying to understand what the CP process is if I do it in Canada instead of my home country?

thanks

filling I-134 questions

Brian/other experienced MTL-cpers with children,
please reply if you can.
Quick question in capital letters below

Line 3 I-134
Affidavit of support for my daughter (US citizen)
In the I-134, line 3….that this affidavit is executed in behalf of the following person
Name:
My daughter's name
Name of spouse and children accompanying or following to join person
Spouse:
DO I NEED TO PUT MY WIFE'S NAME HERE??

Corresponding Affidavit of support for my wife
In the I-134, line 3….that this affidavit is executed in behalf of the following person
Name:
My wife's name
Name of spouse and children accompanying or following to join person
children:
DO I NEED TO PUT MY daughter's NAME HERE???

I had sent an I-134 for my wife in P3-NVC, but did not add my daughter's name under line 3. I am adding it now, just in case.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
pkv2

Re: filling I-134 questions

I had to fill up only one I-134 for my wife with the names of my daughters (also Canadian citizens) in section 3 as accompanying. No individual I-134 was necessary for the kids. This was done by my lawyer and no questions were asked. The only thing they may ask you is to add your daughter's name on your wife's I-134. This could be done in front of them during the interview if needed. Updated and notarized employment letter is the most important thing.

thanks

Brian and Ara2000,
thanks for your immediate replies. that's one less thing for me to worry about.
best regards,
kal

visa number will be ordered

Just made a call. The review has been done. Visa number will be ordered on Aug. 20. They received my P3 on June 7th. Review done on July 29th. The preclearance took a litte more than one month. What a relief. Expect Oct. interview. Good luck to Sue99999 and all other montreal cpers, especially to those who are not Canadian origin.

Airport POE questions

Hello Mtl-Cpers,
what is the procedure for Airport POE. i had posted this earlier, but no one had replied. surely there must be someone who knows about airport POE.

we are coming back to the US from Toronto...any experiences. What about Dorval....how soon before the flight do we have to go in...do we follow the same pattern as when we catch a flight to the US.

isn't the immigration processing done in Canada itself.

please post,
pkv2

ps: Najib...what are you doing for POE..Champlain or Dorval

successful Cp and POE - august 1

:D
Thanks a lot to everyone and Mr khanna for this wonderful site.
Few notes from my experience:
1. Got same day Medicals results from Howard Seiden in Toronto.
2. Parked car one blcok west of consulate - 17$
3. Arrived a t 7:30 am for 9:30 appointment - was told to comeback at 8:30 am (they allow only one hour early)
4. was allowed inside with opaque briefcase and food for my 2 year old son.
5. Went upstairs to 19th floor to window 25 to take a number.
6. waited 40 minutes to be called to window to submit documents ( had submitted most original documents with p3) - was not asked for affidavit of support, tax returns/w2 or IRS forms/transcripts. was asked for recent original employment letter.
7. waited 40 minutes to be callled to the interview room. Lasted less then 5 minutes - asked about size of company, how I got the job, where wife intend to work, where in US was my son born. My son who had been patient all this while started getting fussy and irritable at this moment- officer said that everything was in order and I should pay the visa fees.
8. Paid 2 x $65 fees and was told to comeback a t 3 pm to pick up visa as computers were down.
9. Picked up visas at 3 pm. Note: check everything on visa. They had our nationalities wrong and had to wait 5 min. to get this corrected.
10. Drove down to Port champlain ( about 50 minutes drive) to get our passports stamped with temporary GC.
Will answer any questions that you might have.

Congrats nms and questions

nms,
Congratulations! glad to hear that everything went well.

two questions:
i will be going to Missisauga in Toronto. what is the best way to get to Howard Sieden's office in Toronto..i.e., transportation

did you enter back into Canada after stamping with temporary GC. can you write the procedure for POE and back.

thanks,
pkv2

Seiden & Poe

PKV2, For Medicals we went to the Downtown office - the exact address, I believe you can get from WWW.Panelphysicians.com. We were close to Downtown, but for you you will have to get on the north-south Subway line and get off at KING station and take streetcar going east. I believe it is just two stops and then the office is one street south of King Street (parallel to King street).
POE was very straightforward. We just drove to the border, At the booth, the officer took our passports and sent it to the INS and Customs building across the street. We then parked the car and went inside. there was absolutely no crowd and we handed the big envelopes with the visas to the INS officer. He had our passports and tore open the envelopes and skimmed through the contents, asked us a couple of questions as to when we were going to move and whether we were going to give up our canadian landed immigrant status. He then took our index fingerprint and stamped our passports with the temporary GCS.
That's it. On our way back The canadian officer asked us where we had been and for how long. We told him that we had just been to the US to get our passports stamped with the temporary GCs. That was it.

nms-specific questions

nms,
thanks for your reply. so can i ask what was your reply...for
"asked us a couple of questions as to when we were
going to move and whether we were going to give up our canadian landed immigrant status"

i am in the same situation, and am still deciding whether to go to Champlain or do the POE in the airport in Toronto.

thanks in advance,
pkv2

It sounds like you'll be connecting to your U.S. bound flight in Toronto, so you will have to go through the immigrant visa processing at the U.S. Customs & Immigration pre-flight inspection facility there. Your flight from Montreal to Toronto will be a regular domestic departure. Hopefully you will have enough time between flights if you're going this route.

My flight to the U.S. departed from Montreal Dorval and the IV processing there took less than 10 minutes total (no one ahead of me).

Originally posted by GCDreamer2000
It sounds like you'll be connecting to your U.S. bound flight in Toronto, so you will have to go through the immigrant visa processing at the U.S. Customs & Immigration pre-flight inspection facility there. Your flight from Montreal to Toronto will be a regular domestic departure. Hopefully you will have enough time between flights if you're going this route.

That depends. Back in the days when I lived in Montreal, I once had a US-bound flight that went through Toronto's Pearson Airport. I had to pass through US Immigration and Customs at *Dorval* and was not allowed to leave the US-bound terminal once at Pearson. It might be a good idea to check with your airline to see where they are going to make you see the INS.

Brian

POE toronto and a DS230 question

Thanks for replying Brian and GC_Dreamer2000,
i am traveling by train to and from Toronto to Montreal. therefore, we will most likely come back to Toronto from Montreal by train...and then when we catch the international flight to the US from Toronto...we plan to do the POE paperwork.

One more question...

i sent in Packet 3 a signed DS230 Part I and an unsigned Part II....does the Consular Officer have the form that we sent, and is that the one that we sign...or do we have to fill out another set of DS230's.

best regards,
pkv2

Re: POE toronto and a DS230 question

Originally posted by pkv2

i sent in Packet 3 a signed DS230 Part I and an unsigned Part II....does the Consular Officer have the form that we sent, and is that the one that we sign...or do we have to fill out another set of DS230's.

best regards,
pkv2

They have it. No need to fill it out again.

Brian

PKV2

wHEN ASKED " when are u planning to move?" & "do you intend to give up your canadian landed immigrant status?" I told the officer that we intend to move in the next few weeks and that I will give up my canadian immigrant status after I move. The answer to the second question does not really matter to an US immigration officer because if there were a way to maintain canadian status while living in the US they couldn't care less. So relax and good luck to you. I believe your interview is on the 19th of this month. Do you currently work in Canada too?

Re: successful Cp and POE - august 1

Congrats.

Wondering if you submitted a notarized employment letter with your package 3. If true, it means we have to do another one for interview.

Can you follow up with us your experience regarding receiving your actual cards? Also can you tell us which INS center handles your case.

Thanks.

Jiang

Originally posted by nms
:D
Thanks a lot to everyone and Mr khanna for this wonderful site.
Few notes from my experience:
1. Got same day Medicals results from Howard Seiden in Toronto.
2. Parked car one blcok west of consulate - 17$
3. Arrived a t 7:30 am for 9:30 appointment - was told to comeback at 8:30 am (they allow only one hour early)
4. was allowed inside with opaque briefcase and food for my 2 year old son.
5. Went upstairs to 19th floor to window 25 to take a number.
6. waited 40 minutes to be called to window to submit documents ( had submitted most original documents with p3) - was not asked for affidavit of support, tax returns/w2 or IRS forms/transcripts. was asked for recent original employment letter.
7. waited 40 minutes to be callled to the interview room. Lasted less then 5 minutes - asked about size of company, how I got the job, where wife intend to work, where in US was my son born. My son who had been patient all this while started getting fussy and irritable at this moment- officer said that everything was in order and I should pay the visa fees.
8. Paid 2 x $65 fees and was told to comeback a t 3 pm to pick up visa as computers were down.
9. Picked up visas at 3 pm. Note: check everything on visa. They had our nationalities wrong and had to wait 5 min. to get this corrected.
10. Drove down to Port champlain ( about 50 minutes drive) to get our passports stamped with temporary GC.
Will answer any questions that you might have.

Tracking the card

brian & other experts, My service center was TSC INS and POE was port champlain.
1. How long should I expect to wait for the actual plastic card?
2. Does anybody have the number to call to track the progress?
3. Would I need some kind of reference number, A#, etc and where would I find it?
Brian, I know you called up some number to get it expedited.
Please help.
nms