Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

No Title

In your I-140 application whichever country you requested CP for they will assign you to that country. Did you put Canada or somewhere else! How do you know the case reached NVC and "is not in the system". By "system" if you mean the automated message system; don\'t worry, I\'m waiting for my interview date and my case still can not be found on the automated system. You have to speak with the operator.

No Title

BC, MC, PC, Empl. letter, Copy of Passport with all the pages and fill up all the forms.

No Title

The operater told me that they can tell from their system that my case reached NVC, but there\'s no case detail in there, \'cause they hadn\'t entered the case in the system.

No Title

Thanks GcDrone;
I can\'t believe you still check this discussion board. Is passport size photo good enough for the medical. I\'m planning on scheduling the medical in Montreal. Any suggestions.

No Title

Ara2000,

Good luck with your trip. I just discovered this particular website. My P3 review was complete on March 6 and waiting for my interview date. Have you received your P4 yet?

Brian

No Title

Like the original poster said, it is not only consulate-dependant but also case-dependant. I was not asked for an employment letter, did not submit one, and had all my documents approved. If they ask for one, you have to provide one. If they ask you to stand on your head and sing Christmas carols, you have to do it. Submit what is asked for, nothing more, nothing less. Montreal is a unique consulate in that they demand all documents up front. Don\'t be tricked by a lot of messages you might read elsewhere, as most of them are in India and those consulates only need the two DS forms to be filed plus the money. Brian.

No Title

Brian
If you call NVC they will give you your appointment date. The review of my file was complete on Feb 22nd. Yours being complete on March 6th, means it went to Washington with mine which is 20th of March. (The 20th of each month is the cut-off date for the approved cases to request a visa number from Washington). NVC has your date you can call them and ask for it. It has to be in May. My P4 will be mailed to the attorney. They usually get it around the 10th of the month.
Ara

No Title

Nagib;
I-140 AD 10/31/01
NVC RD 11/8/01
NVC Case Created 11/9/01
NVC Created P3 11/19/01
P3 Recd from NVC 11/27/01
P3 to St. Louis 12/19/01
P3 Entered by NVC 12/26/01
Request for further documents 1/22/02
Originals of all documents
passport expiring in four months (I had to renew the passport)
Police certificate from France (where I lived for 10 months)
Documents submitted 2/7/02
Review Complete 2/22/02 (missed the February cut-off by two days)
Interview Date 5/6/02

My lawyer sent the P3 by USPS (Unites States Postal Service)registered mail. Do not use Fedex as Fedex will not deliver mail to a P.O.Box address.

Good Luck

My lawyer put my home country on I140, but I want Montreal.

My lawyer put my home country on I140, but I want Montreal. what should I do? I called NVC today, and they hadn\'t entered my case into their system even three weeks after they received it. What\'s going on there?

No Title

I don\'t know the answer but whatever has to be done should be real fast. First tell your lawyer about your intentions and ask him to call NVC. You can ask NVC yourself and see what they say.

No Date Yet

No interview date set as of yet. They told me it will be set by next Friday (April 12) at the latest. Brian.

Re: Photo for Medical

Yep, I still check the board once in a while. Need my periodic immigration fix :)

As for the medicals, a regular PP size photo will do. Also, contrary to what the P4 instructions from consulate say, only one photo is fine.

We did our medicals with the PanelPhysicians in Toronto, with same day service. They have an office in Montreal, but it is a two day service. See previous posts for a list of physicians.

Re: sue999000

You are eligible to consular process in Canada if you meet one of the following conditions:
- you are a citizen of Canada
- you are a Landed Immigrant in Canada
- Canada was your last country of residence, i.e., you stayed in Canada on a valid visa (e.g., work or study).

NVC typically picks your last country of residence (before coming to the US) for consular processing. If Canada was your last country of residence, or, if you are currently residing in Canada, call NVC and request a change. The "Attorney on file" (your lawyer) may need to send NVC a form.

If Canada isn\'t your home country and wasn\'t your last country of residence, you may need to show ties to Canada for consular processing in Montreal.

?????documents for p3 for montreal?????

originals of birth certificates,marriage certificates, police clearance certs, notarized employment letter, passport copies - have I missed out anything for p3 submission??

NVC lost my document

I am going to Montreal, and sent them packet 3 in dec 2001 but they requested original birth certificates from me.

After sending my original birth certificates on March 1st to NVC, the fedex package can not be found. Does anyone have a similar experience?
I faxed them the record of delivery and they are searching for it.

You can change it with NVC

You can change the interview place to Montreal when the file goes to NVC. If happed the same with me, they assigned my country of birth first and then I faxed my Canadian passport and they changed it to Montreal.
Good Luck