Montreal Dec Interview Dates are out!

TCN processing for NIV ONLY!

Mamba, TCN visa processing is halted only for non-immigrant visas,
no impact on immigrant visa appointments.

Medicals done!

Completed my medicals, no problems, we were there at 8 AM and got
out by 9 AM.

Only small glitch was they forgot to get my wife\'s signature on one
of the forms, so, she was asked to come back and sign it while
collecting the medical reports at 4 the same day. We live in toronto,
so not a big problem, but might be an issue if you are travelling
from the US and asked them to mail back the reports.

Original documents?

My lawyer just got my packet 3 for Montreal. He says there are conflicting instructions regarding whether to send original documents (birth certificate, pcc, etc.) or copies. Did any of you send originals in with packet 3, or did you send copies?

Morgan

No Title

Send copies only to NVC (even police certificate), except for your
employment offer letter and I-134 (if applicable)

Police Certificates. Name based for sure??

The is no information on the RCMP website concerning how to complete a name based criminal record check. I must be a bit of a pessimist, because I am wondering if anyone has been successful in their Packet III acceptance with only the name based check? I am expecting my I-140 approval soon, so would like to do the name based check if feasible, since this should decrease my wait.

DS-230 vs OF-230

For those of you who are doing CP in Montreal, I just want
to confirm with you that DS-230 is the same as the old OF-230.

In my packet 4, the only forms that need to be filled out is
IRS9003, am I missing anything here?

Thanks.

Duke Ruski01

No Title

I will be sending a name based with my P3. To get the name based PC you should apply in person in Canada. If you are physically outside Canada you have no choice other than the fingerprint based PC. To me the way I see it, the fingerprint or namebased is a requirement from the RCMP for issuing you the PC (if you are present in Canada vs outside Canada) rather than a requirement from the NVC or the Consulate. I called the NVC and they said if we need you to get fingerprints done we will let you know. Onother person on this chat board once called the consulate and they told him namebased is fine.
I guess to be on the safe side everybody is getting the fingerprint based PC. May be I\'ll get it later on before the interview and may be you should also do so.

Pkt 4 - only IRS9003

> In my packet 4, the only forms that need to be filled
> out is IRS9003, am I missing anything here?

Only form I received in my pkt 4 is also IRS9003
In addition, I planned to take a I-134(Affidavit of support)
for my wife. So I guess we should be ok.

Regards,
Eelavan

Ottaw POE after CP experiences?

Can you please share how Ottawa POE was? How soon until plastic card was received?

Should signature of Employement letter be certified ?

Should signature of Employment letter be certified by public Notary For Montreal Interview ? Please advice if anybody has experience.

Police Certificate

Please let me know whether we can go to any local police station, or we need to go to specific police dept for finger prints. Thanks a lot for your help

CANADIAN PCC QUESTION

Hi

My case is justlike Eelavans. I got my Canadian PCC on Jun 16th
My wife\'s came in on July 17th. We sent in PACKET III it on July 31. My interview date is Jan 17th do you think I should get another canadian PCC before Jan 17th??. I dono have the original PCC, it is with NVC

Please advise