Montreal Dec Interview Dates are out!

Consulate Address

Does anybody know the actual address including postal code of montreal consulate ?? I have po box address with postal code and actual address without postal code. If I get full address it would be easier to map it out. How long is the drive from Toronto to Montreal.

Re: Consulate Address

Dear Bob Cobb,
Consulate General Montréal:
Address: 1155 St. Alexander Street, Montréal, Québec H2Z 1Z2

Mailing address: Post Office Box 65, Postal Station Desjardins, Montréal, Québec H5B 1G1.

Drive from Toronto is 5 to 6 hrs.
Good Luck,
Eelavan

Train to Montreal

Does anybody have information about trains from toronto to montrel, such as fare, schedule, train company etc..

Any POE close to Montreal after successful CP?

Hello, right after the sucessful interview with the consulate, do you drive to US POE to get your green card stamp? Is there any POE close by Montreal and how long does it take to drive there? Please give the address of POE. Can you do POE in the Toronto airport or through the Buffalo New York? Please advice.

No Title

Champlain, New York, I believe is the closest. Take Highway 15 South ("Sud" in French) to the end it will put you at the border. Its about 50 miles from Montreal, so about 45 min to 1 hour.

Good Luck

Please help! Do We Need Bar Coded Forms

Do we need barcoded DS-230 and OF-169 forms? Can we use downloaded forms with the barcoded cover letter? -thanks.

No Title

My lawyer got the Pkt 4 I believe. I have my medicals scheduled
for 19th in Toronto.

I would recommend others for Dec interview to schedule their medical
appointments, since one of my friends had a very tough time getting
an appointment in toronto (i think it was in july) and he had to go
to london, where they don\'t have same day service and they don\'t mail
out the reports too! So he had to make two trips (1.5 hour each way from toronto, of course, not a very big deal, just an annoyance.)

Packet $ received. Few Questions...

Hi all,

I finally received my Packet 4 yesterday. This contains my appointment letter and 9003 forms for all of us. I have completed and sent affidavit of support with Packet 3 ( I guess ).

1) Have I received all the required documents ?
2) Every one talking about bank statements etc.. For affidavit of support I did not send any with my packet 3. So I am carrying with me. I also ordered tax transcripts from IRS will that be ok or I have carry all copies of my tax returns with W2\'s/
3) I got an employment letter from my company notarized but they have not mentions my salary any where just said as per the labor application terms and conditions. My salary is more than the labor application an I have tax returns and w2\'s prove it. Should I change my appointment letter to reflect the salary or not.
4) My medicals are scheduled for 22nd of this month.

Thanks

No Title

netsurfer....

How do you get tax transcript ?? Is is required? Because I am taking the copies of tax return that my account sent it to me.

I have read that the salary info. should be in the letter. However, so far I haven\'t heard any case got rejected because of not having salary mention on it.

tax transcript

Tax transcript is a snap shot of your tax filing in one paper.

From http://www.irs.gov/
Get Form 4506 , fill it and take it to the nearest IRS location.
They will issue your transcripts then and there free of charge.

Further deatils are in the Form itself
Eelavan

Canadian finger-printing based Police Certificate for CP: USA form ok?

I am a Canadian citizen currently living in US. Just got I-140 approved. Will go to Montreal for CP. I just went to local police dept to have finger-printed today. Before sending the form to RCMP, I just wonder if the US FBI form is acceptable for Canadian PCC. I am confused because I am getting conflicting info. My lawyer and police dept seem not sure. A friend told us that we have to bring our own \'finger-print chart\' from packet 3. Anybody just done that? Your clearance is greatly appreciated.

FBI card Ok !

Dear Junjie Zhang:
I had my finger printing done on FBI card and RCMP
accepted it and sent my Police certificate.
So you are fine with FBI card.
Good Luck,
Eelavan

CP Montreal Dec 2001

Hi all,

I have CP interview scheduled for mid December. Just got
my Packet 4 from my lawyer. NVC misspelt my wife\'s name
and my daughter\'s name, both off by 1 letter. Is this something
I need to fix right now, or can I wait until the interview?

Thanks.

duke ruski01

No Title

If I were you, I would call Montreal consulate and make sure
that this will not cause any problem in the interview.
Good luck.
Eelavan.

Montreal CP eligibility

Has been discussed on the board before. Montreal will entertain your application if:

1. You are a Citizen / landed immigrant (LI) of Canada
2. You have resided in Canada on a work / student visa.

So, if you are an LI or satisfy #2, then, as an Indian national, you can consular process in Montreal.

Tax transcript..

You can get them by calling IRS 1800 829 1040.. Don\'t remember exact options but easy to follow and u can order up to 10 in a single call and they are free. They take up to 2 weeks but I got them in 7 days..

Thanks

TCN no more in Canada and Mexico.

See the new rules announced a few days ago. TCN visa processing has been halted for now.