Montreal Dec Interview Dates are out!

Did you use the barcoded P3 forms or send your own?

Montreal CP\'ers, please tell me if NVC required you to use the barcoded forms that they sent with P3 or did you download P3 forms yourself and send them?

I am looking at a long CP (6+months) and was wondering if some time can be saved by sending them downloaded forms.

ThanX.

You have to use the BAR code letter issue from NVC

PKT#3 from NVC say\'s to use the BAR code forwarding Letter with
 your NVC case # o it.. ( issue by NVC once your prioritydates are current ..

Bar coded letter or forms as well?

Can we use downloaded forms with the barcoded letter? or are the forms barcoded as well?

No Title

It\'s not Thanks giving in Canada!! so they should be open.
Thanks giving in Canada is in October.

List of Documents

Dear follow (December) CPers,

For the benefit of all of us, let\'s put together a list of
documents needed:
This may not be a complete list, so please update this list by copy/paste and then adding:

1) Valid Passport(Good for at least 6 months at the time of travel)

2) Birth Certificate

3) Marriage Certificate

4) Police Certificates (I did it again, as earlier ones are 6 mos old)

5) Affidavit of Support
   Supporting docs: pay stubs, bank statements, brokerage
   statements, 401 K statements, house deed

6) Medical Exam results

7) Year 2000 Tax Returns/W2s

8) Photographs

9) Tax Form 9003

10) Credit card to make payments (260+65 =365 US $ per Applicant)

11) I-140, H1B approval notices - original.

God bless you all,
Eelavan.

Validity of Police certificates.

Eelavan,

Are you residing in Canada? I thought PCCs from your previous countries of residence would be valid for a period of one year. If you are not residing in Canada, why do you need to get a new PCC?

Also, what happens if your PCC was less than six months old while sending P3, but over six months by the time of interview. Do you need to request another PCC?

Finally, I thought Montreal required us to pay the $260 fee with Packet 3. Was your P3 successfully accepted without the fees?

Thanks!

EB-based?

You should not need #5 docs for EB-based CP. Employment letter will suffice.

You should not need #11 too, NVC will not clear you for an interview if they have not already been convinced of these.

Question to you eelavan and others

Interview Date: November 28,2001. Planning to do medical on thanksgiving. Booked a flight, BUT now I am scared to death.

-- same question as gCD..... I thought PC is valid for one year. Is it not true???

8) Photographs
-- How many immigration and how many passport size is required ????

-- Never got originals. Lawyer might have it. I don\'t see this as required with interview notice.

Answers is highly appreciated.

Re: EB-based?

Mamba, Thanks a lot.
I am in EB2 catagory(Mem of Profession w/Adv Degree)

So I wouldn\'t need affidavit of support and original
H1B , I 140 approval notices.

Reagrds,
Eelavn.

No Title

Let me clarify these items:

-- same question as gCD..... I thought PC is valid for one year. Is it not true???

I am a Canadian citizen and I resided in Canada,
before coming to USA.
When I sent my Pkt 3 I didn\'t have the PC, so NVC asked me to send it later in their letter it was mentioned that it should be 6 mos old at the time of travelling. Regardless of this, My lawyer sent the 6 mos old PC with the cover letter saying new set of PCs are applied for
and can be produced at the time of interview.
I don\'t know about the one year validity.

-- Never got originals. Lawyer might have it. I don\'t see this as required with interview notice.

I heard from Mamba that it is not required, as NVC is already
convinced.

Fee
---
The letter from NVC that came with Pkt 4 says I should pay 260 $ and then 60 $. I also read in the interview experiences that people paid 325$.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks,
Eelavan

No! NO!! Please consult your lawyer.

My knowledge is limited and advice is free. Please consult your lawyer before deiciding what you will need or not need.

Affidavit of support

Eelavan,

You would need an affidavit of support if you are sponsoring any of your family members (ie. spouse and children). Otherwise, if you are single, your employment letter is fine for "supporting yourself".

Having a copy of the H1B and I140 notices never hurts. Even though they should have that in the packet that was sent to Montreal. Beats having to try to fax it from your lawyers/workplace at the time of an interview "just in case" they misplaced it and have questions.

No Title

Bob,

Q4) Police Certificates (I did it again, as earlier ones are 6 mos old)

A4) One year should be fine. That is what NVC told us. Our PCs were around 6 months old or so, and there was no problem. Call the consulate if anyone wants extra reassurance that nothing has changed (note that the consulate has limited hours of answering the phone).

Q8) Photographs

A8) One for your medical -- regular passport style. (Double check this with your particular physician). Two photos for the consulate -- immigration style (right ear showing, eyes showing, goto Tony\'s Studio for under $12 CDN). The consulate officers will keep one of the photos from the submission and include the other in your IV visa package for the POE officer to attach to your fingerpring form.

Q11) I-140, H1B approval notices - original.

A11) Wouldn\'t sweat getting the originals. Copies should be more than enough as a "just in case".

Bob, don\'t sweat it too much. You are going to be fine. Enjoy your trip and maintain a positive peace of mind.

No Title

Thanx SteveD for your assurance.
Does anybody know how many officers are conducting the interview???. I heard, in the past, that BEARD guy was nasty. Is he still there?
My interview in on 11/28, and I am giving medical in toronto on 11/26 (will get the results same day). Is it very tight deadline ????

No Title

Recently the consensus has shown that just one officer is present (a lady). I don\'t believe that the bearded guy is still there. Don\'t confuse him with the security guard that is at Montreal (he has a grey beard too. lol.) Your timing is just fine with the medical and interview. Just make sure to have your appt. letter, passport, photo and fees ready for the medical. Then allow enough time for getting your immigration photos if you don\'t have them already (ie. visit Tony on 11/27) If you are going to Tony, be sure to call first to ensure that he is there, as photographers go off-site from time to time.

You may also want to scope out the location of the consulate ahead of time on 11/27, since you will want to know where to park or where to transit/cab to.

No Title

A simple form with 4 question(Tax identification #, did you file
tax in USA, what was the last year you filed tax etc).

You should get this as part of the Pkt 4.
Eelavan

$260 pd already

Dear gcDrone,
You are right! I asked the lawyers office and they said the 260$ is already sent. That is good news because it went from my employers pocket as opposed to mine.
Thanks,
Eelavan.

express mail to NVC PO box?

Hello everyone. Has anyone sent out pk3 through express mail to NVC ST Louis PO box address? I sent out pk3 on 8th, but it has not been picked up; just sitting at post office. Does NVC accept express mail? thanks

No problem

I had sent mine US priority (next day) and they accepted it without delay. Keep in mind that yesterday was a government holiday.