Mom's name Spelled wrong in PP

uchang

Hi,

My mom and dad are going to attend the visa interview next week. My mom's name in her passport is spelled for example name1 (Vidya), In my passport her name is spelled as name2 (Vidhya), and my dad's passport her name is spelled as name(Vhidya).
Though we are using the name1 in all the consulate application, I wanted to know will it be a big problem in getting the visa.

What should my parents answer for the question why it is spelled in different ways?

Totally confused............:confused:

IMO, it should not be a big problem. If they ask about it, you need to explain how the same name can be spelled differently and it was a mistake to spell it differently on different documents. I personally know someone whose name was spelled as Rajiv and Rajeev on different immigration documents but did not have any issues getting H1. You (parents) should be prepared with the correct explanation if asked.

Hi,

My mom and dad are going to attend the visa interview next week. My mom's name in her passport is spelled for example name1 (Vidya), In my passport her name is spelled as name2 (Vidhya), and my dad's passport her name is spelled as name(Vhidya).
Though we are using the name1 in all the consulate application, I wanted to know will it be a big problem in getting the visa.

What should my parents answer for the question why it is spelled in different ways?

Totally confused............:confused:

An observation - People are entirely to lax about verifying important documents (such as passports) are correct until a[problem is likely to arise. It then becomes a crisis. I cannot belive people are so careless or a lot of other adjectives!

My dad is not educated. So he made that mistake without his knowledge. And there is no birth certificate for my mom and dad, so they did not know how to give their name in English, which created the problem.
Now what could be the acceptable reply that my dad can give.