Minor Arrested

djh

Hi,

I'm about to fill out the n400's and have a question.

My daughter was caught for shoplifting at Disneyworld when she was 17 years old (minor), she's 23 now

The police came and picked her up and took her to some hold facility (we were in california, she was with friends in florida)

They released her and sent court docs to us which she had to write an essay or something and it was dismissed at that point.

My question is, seeing she was a minor at the time, how does she need to answer the questions?

thanks

Hi,

My daughter was caught for shoplifting at Disneyworld when she was 17 years old (minor), she's 23 now

The police came and picked her up and took her to some hold facility (we were in california, she was with friends in florida)

They released her and sent court docs to us which she had to write an essay or something and it was dismissed at that point.

My question is, seeing she was a minor at the time, how does she need to answer the questions?

thanks

All arrests and convictions must be disclosed in the N-400, regardless of the applicant's age when they occurred.
So your daughter will have to disclose the shoplifting arrest in her N-400.

Hi,

thanks

We can't guarantee anything, but this should not be ground for denial of her N400.