Minneapolis/St. Paul MN - N-400 Timeline

I think the processing speed at St. Paul has slowed considerably. It is moving closer to Milwaukee processing time. It has never been more than 6 months in St. Paul. I don't know what is going on in St. Paul.

Here is my time line. For all March-April-May applicants, please update your time lines for St-Paul field office. I have a question though, in my notice of action, they didn't mention about the next step being biometrics, instead they mentioned the interview as the next step. Now, my biometrics for i751 was completed June 08 so I am assuming i won't need to do it again (since valid for 15 months). I have seen people posting about getting interview and oath done without biometrics, my question is, for those who received their notice of action letter right after sending the N400 form, does it mention anything about biometrics or interview. Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

At St. Paul, MN
I applied in the Middle of Jan 09, I got finger printed in the first week of March 09. I was interviewed in the middle of May 09. My oath ceremony is in the middle of July09. The entire proces took Six months from the date of submitting N-400.

Congratulations.
Looks like MSP is back to 6 month period.
At St. Paul, MN
I applied in the Middle of Jan 09, I got finger printed in the first week of March 09. I was interviewed in the middle of May 09. My oath ceremony is in the middle of July09. The entire proces took Six months from the date of submitting N-400.

had FP done last week...so maybe IL will be coming within 3wks?? If St. Paul stays on track maybe I can take my Oath by end of summer??? Processed I-485 easilyand had interview within 2mo. after file date back in 2007.. i guess they must be back logged.

Anyone waiting in St. Paul DO for Oath letter? Had interview june 15th and got decision cannot be made. IO said everything looked good and if he needed anything else he would contact me by mail. he also said he was just going to go over my file and I will receive a decision in the mail. NOW WHAT!!!! Sounds like St. Paul DO does this often!!!

Anyone waiting in St. Paul DO for Oath letter? Had interview june 15th and got decision cannot be made. IO said everything looked good and if he needed anything else he would contact me by mail. he also said he was just going to go over my file and I will receive a decision in the mail. NOW WHAT!!!! Sounds like St. Paul DO does this often!!!

St Paul DO seems to be among the slowest. Most applicants from our DO seem to have waited a month or more to take the oath. The interesting thing is that if you took away the time spent on queue for fingerprints, interview, oath etc the process would probably take about 2 months.

Agreed. Process was fast up until Local DO St. Paul interview. I was looking at the schedule for Oath Ceremonies in MN and they keep making adjustments to it. They had updated it and added another oath date for august. Then a couple of weeks later, (just last week )they cancelled one in aug. So what does that mean??
Less citizenship applications=cancelled oath ceremonies? So they wait to do larger groups?

Looking for some advice

I had my interview in St. Paul office on Oct 26th. I am planning on traveling outside of the US on December 18th. What are my chances to receive the invitation and complete the oath on December 8th (I checked the schedule and found that there is a ceremony on 8th)?

Had my interview June 14th and my oath date was Aug. 4th. I think it would have been earlier if the summer wasn't as busy as mentioned from my IO. (ie). Judge vacation times.

N-400 Processing Time - MN

I had my interview on October 22, 2010 and did not hear from them yet- I doubt I would receive anything by December 8, 2010 as I called yesterday and they noted that I might not hear from them in a month- so good luck for the others waiting their oath letter--

There are quite a few MN citizenship applicants. I thought it would be worth resurrecting this thread. To kick this off, I wanted to post some information about MN oath ceremonies. Unlike many other states in the US, federal judges do not allow USCIS officers to administer the oath of citizenship. So instead of having to get citizenship on the same day as the interview, applicants have to wait long periods. The waiting goes up considerably around December and between May - August when many Judges are on vacation. Those of you who have interviews in May and in the summer, here is the schedule for all of 2011. I had to spend considerable time to google and bing this to find out the schedule. Here it is:

http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/Naturalization.shtml

There are quite a few MN citizenship applicants. I thought it would be worth resurrecting this thread. To kick this off, I wanted to post some information about MN oath ceremonies. Unlike many other states in the US, federal judges do not allow USCIS officers to administer the oath of citizenship. So instead of having to get citizenship on the same day as the interview, applicants have to wait long periods. The waiting goes up considerably around December and between May - August when many Judges are on vacation. Those of you who have interviews in May and in the summer, here is the schedule for all of 2011. I had to spend considerable time to google and bing this to find out the schedule. Here it is:

http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/Naturalization.shtml

I see you've received you interview letter, congrats. I've noticed there is an oath date for may 4th, and my interview is on may 3rd.....what are the chances of them sending for an oath the next day brb?
I must say our system is just horrible, what a bunch of greedy judges.

In the past I have seen the earliest a week but not next day. I will post on my wife's experience on the 29th of April so you can know what time line you are looking at. The summer time the backlog builds up fast and generally the wait times for oath go to 2 months or more.
I see you've received you interview letter, congrats. I've noticed there is an oath date for may 4th, and my interview is on may 3rd.....what are the chances of them sending for an oath the next day brb?
I must say our system is just horrible, what a bunch of greedy judges.

Santurn & brb2,
I remember both of you saying you were able to do your walk-in fingerprints with no issues. My friend tried yesterday at St Paul [University avenue] and they wouldn't hear none of it, they were suggesting to her to get rescheduled for another day but NOT before the April 29[ i think] the official date. Bad luck or did you guys had some tricks (LOL)?

oath date

as an FYI, i had my interview date on February 22 in bloomington (st Paul DO).
i was recommended for citizenship

still no oath letter as of today 4-6-11.

i remember the officer telling me they were behind and it would take about 2 months.

impatiently waiting, mexa.

The key is never to ask can I do early finger printing, I am early. Walk in, if asked let them know you called and were told come in the afternoon when load is less. In most cases all the guard does is to see if name matches with ID and ushers you in for processing.

Santurn & brb2,
I remember both of you saying you were able to do your walk-in fingerprints with no issues. My friend tried yesterday at St Paul [University avenue] and they wouldn't hear none of it, they were suggesting to her to get rescheduled for another day but NOT before the April 29[ i think] the official date. Bad luck or did you guys had some tricks (LOL)?

Is there anybody who recently received oath or interview letter from Saint Paul office?
If the local office is Saint Paul; Do they schedule the oath in Saint Paul as well? or can it be anywhere in MN? I mean do we have a choice?