Minneapolis/St. Paul MN - N-400 Timeline

Checking for updates about oath invitation/letter? Anyone...??

It is sad that OLs have been stuck in the St Paul DO for this long. My ID is coming up on 11/18 and I wonder how long it will be after that before I receive my OL. Can't wait for that day.

By the way when is the next regularly scheduled OD in MN? I heard through my attorney that sometimes they will schedule Oaths in large centers like the Mpls Convention Center, in order to catch up on the backlogs.

AP

Hi. No problem.
Here's my interview timeline:

- - He asked for documentation (original marriage cert, birth cert, taxes, etc)
... other stuff deleted
- Hope this helps.
Good luck!

Did anyone else get asked for the Birth Certificate? I thought this was already submitted during the GC process.

AP

Did anyone else get asked for the Birth Certificate? I thought this was already submitted during the GC process.

AP

Please bring your birth cert along with a certified translation. I was not required to bring mine, but was asked during the interview.

Does one need to bring a certified translation if the birth certificate has, among other languages, also an English section?

I do not think so. If your birth certificate is in English - why would you have translate it in English? I had my BC in my native language and I had to get it translated into English. Officer, however, never asked for it during my interview.

I was asked for my husband's birth certificate. Not mine. Even though I had his passport, they wanted to see his birth certificate. I didn't have mine with and they never asked for it either.

I looked up the oath ceremonies for Mpls:

October

15th
11:00 - Judge Ericksen
2:00 - Judge Montgomery

22nd
- Richfield Senior High School
10:00 - Judge Schiltz

29th
11:00 - Judge Rosenbaum
2:00 - Judge Rosenbaum

November

12th
10:00 - Judge Keyes
2:00 - Judge Schiltz

19th
11:00 - Judge Ericksen
2:00 - Judge Rosenbaum

December

10th
11:00 - Judge Davis
2:00 - Judge Tunheim

Last edited by a moderator:
thunder1 - they keep updating the schedule for oath ceremonies as they tend to add as many ceremonies as they can, provided they have budget to hold additional ceremonies.

I am still awaiting mine. Will keep you all posted with any updates at my end.

thunder1 - they keep updating the schedule for oath ceremonies as they tend to add as many ceremonies as they can, provided they have budget to hold additional ceremonies.

I am still awaiting mine. Will keep you all posted with any updates at my end.

Hopefully there will be more in Dec and Jan. Else we might all be looking well into Feb or Mar.

I only hope none are scheduled during the holiday time (Thxgiving and Xmas) as I plan to take short vacations.

Just a quick update on my case. I had my Senator's office follow up with local DO to see exactly where my case was in processing queue. I finally received a response from the Senator's office this afternoon.

Representative from local DO informed that my N-400 was approved and that an oath slot has been requested for me. I consider this somewhat as a progress as my last inquiry at local DO yielded me an answer that my case is in "Reverification" stage.

Hope to receive my oath letter soon.

Just a quick update on my case. I had my Senator's office follow up with local DO to see exactly where my case was in processing queue. I finally received a response from the Senator's office this afternoon.

Representative from local DO informed that my N-400 was approved and that an oath slot has been requested for me. I consider this somewhat as a progress as my last inquiry at local DO yielded me an answer that my case is in "Reverification" stage.

Hope to receive my oath letter soon.

Is it Amy Klobuchar's office?

AP

haraputta,

Is your N400 based on 5-years green card or 3-years?
Which Senator office did you went to?
Did you have name change in the application?

I am still waiting for the oath letter, my interview was Aug 29th.

tabaliya - yes it was Amy Klobuchar's office.

blurblurv-my N-400 was based on 5 year green card and I did not request a name change.

A friend of mine received his oath letter from St. Paul DO for November 12th ceremony. He had his interview on September 15th or 16th. I know there are folks here who have their interviews conducted long before September 15th so I am not sure how St. Paul office is prioritizing the application locally.

I really wanted to vote this year, but thanks to USCIS for its swift processing of applications.

Any update on OL?

Hey.
I hope you guys get your OL soon! My interview was after yours so I am praying that you get yours fast so that I can get mine right after that too! :)
Keep me posted!!

Received OL for Dec 10 ceremony

Guys,

Received OL for Dec 10 ceremony yesterday. I had my interview July 23rd.

ridern - great news. Although I am little disappointed that your ceremony isn't in November, your OL does show a ray of hope.

Good luck to you and make sure you don't get a traffic ticket while you await your oath ceremony. I have been using cruise control on my car ever since I appeared for my naturalization interview to avoid any speeding tickets - set it and forget it.

ridern - great news. Although I am little disappointed that your ceremony isn't in November, your OL does show a ray of hope.

Good luck to you and make sure you don't get a traffic ticket while you await your oath ceremony. I have been using cruise control on my car ever since I appeared for my naturalization interview to avoid any speeding tickets - set it and forget it.

Good news indeed but seems like an awfully long time between ID and OD. I have my ID on 11/18. I dread having to wait this long afterwards. I would have thought they will try and catch up with the oath backlog but looks like not.

AP

Well, my case is different in that I initiated a name change at interview to a more American name and later had to take an infopass appointment to revert that back :eek: as wife got mad. This definitely added about 30 - 45 days to my process. So take heart.

Well, my case is different in that I initiated a name change at interview to a more American name and later had to take an infopass appointment to revert that back :eek: as wife got mad. This definitely added about 30 - 45 days to my process. So take heart.

Thanks for the clarification. But even so, it seems longer than necessary.

AP