Minneapolis/St. Paul MN - N-400 Timeline

haraputta

Registered Users (C)
Any idea on how long one usually has to wait after interview to get oath letter in Minneapolis/St. Paul DO.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

ridern,
Thanks for the reply. Pretty strange that you are still waiting for the oath letter. A friend of mine got his letter within two weeks after his interview. Please let us know once you get the letter - which I hope will be soon.

Good luck!

Oath delays in st. paul

Looks to me like a lot of people from MSP are waiting for their oaths to be scheduled! Well my interview was on June 19th, recommended for approval, and still waiting for oath to date.

Had contacted the US senator's office - Coleman's office and they were told by USCIS that everything has cleared and it is in the local office case adjudicator's queue again!!! Wait for another 90 day window etc etc blah blah and that they were still processing apps from september 2007!!

Good luck to all, god knows what is going on with st. paul office!!!

And yeah about the last post about next oath date of october it can only hold like 70 people so don't get your hopes up too much, the last big one was on sept 9th at the convention center apparently.

ridern/justcheckin
Any update on oath letter from St. Paul DO office?

Lets keep each other posted with our situations. It seems from the last post from justcheckin that contacting a local congressman/senator may not so helpful ????

According to processing times by july 31, st. paul working on jan 03 2008. May be now running at march? Some people got quicker too.

I had an opportunity to talk over the phone to officer who conducted my interview. I asked her what may be taking so long for me to receive my oath letter. She checked my case on the system and told me that my case is currently undergoing "Re-verification".

I do not know what does that mean, but she mentioned that I should sit tight and wait for another month or so to receive the oath letter.

Thanks.

I had taken an Infopass appt First week of Aug. At that time I was in "Re-verification".

No Updates yet from my side. Still waiting for Oath Letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
ridern/justcheckin,
Do you remember the name of the officer who conducted your interviews? I was wondering if an interview conducted by a relatively junior officer triggers re-verification.

A couple of my friends in recent past were able to get their oath letters fairly quickly after their interviews.

No updates since last time I wrote on this site. I had gone to the bloomington office and was told that there is no new information and that they will send me some status update in the mail, but even that has not come yet...

Frankly I am completely clueless on the reason for this delay, might call them again next week but not expecting anything at this point. Simply wait wait wait...

Hi.
I just had my interview yesterday... was given the "passed the test" and "will hear about the USCIS decision in the mail". I also went to Bloomington, MN office for my interview.

My IO seemed very young and we had another IO in the office overlooking the interview. So, it wouldn't surprise me that he couldn't approve my naturalization, but someone more Sr has to.

Sad to see so many MN issues with the Oath. Ughh!

Thunder1 - I think USCIS, in an effort to process N-400 swiftly, has hired a lot of new officers. Thats a good move, but the downside of it is that we now join another queue of folks awaiting their oath letter.

I hope we all get our oath letter soon. Happy waiting :)

Queueing Theory 101

Thunder1 - I think USCIS, in an effort to process N-400 swiftly, has hired a lot of new officers. Thats a good move, but the downside of it is that we now join another queue of folks awaiting their oath letter.

I hope we all get our oath letter soon. Happy waiting :)

Looks like while relieving one queue (that of interviews) the USCIS is rapidly building up another one (that of oaths). Since that many more interviews are being conducted these days (from the surge in applications in mid 2007 and those that were stuck in NC like your's truly), the oath queue is building up. And not having administrative oath facility in St Paul doesn't help either. One has to wait for judicial oaths and therefore the queueing problem gets execerbated.

Poor operations management I guess.

AP

Yeah... not enough people or bad management... but I still don't understand that there isn't a prcess that makes sense since some people get their oath letters and some wait and wait (even from the same office area or state). I hope we all get the letters soon!!!
:)

Any update from anyone on oath letter from St. Paul/Minneapolis DO? I know there was an oath ceremony held on October 22nd at Richfield High School.

I wish... nothing for me yet. But then, my interview was only a week ago.
Anyone else?

Would you care to write about your interview experience in Bloomington? Mine is scheduled for Nov 18.

Also, did you ask the IO about the Oath Date?

AP

Hi. No problem.
Here's my interview timeline:

- Showed up 30min prior to the interview
- A young IO came and called my name 2min after the interview time slot
- We went to his office and he told me there will be another IO observing (which I realized it is because he was so young and probably new at his job)
- We went over N-400 application and made additions
- Then he asked me to read a sentence and to write one.
- He asked if I wanted to take the old or the new test. I said the old one and he asked me 6 questions and since I got all 6 correct, he stopped the civic portion of it.
- He asked for documentation (original marriage cert, birth cert, taxes, etc)
- He asked me to sign some paper which had my information on it (to confirm everything was correct which I think will be used for the Oath info <not sure>).
-Then he said he will go copy all the originals and I should just sit and relax until he gets back.
- he came back and gave me a piece of paper that had two things checked. (that I have passed the test and that USCIS will notify me of their final decision)
- He told me that the interview was over and to have a nice day.

Total interview time: 25min

- I left and in the parking lot saw that another paragraph that wasn't checked was "congratulations, you have been approved". It seems that it is a hit and a miss in some cases if you get approved right away or not. Since he looked very young, I am guessing that he needs approval for my case so now I wait for the Oath letter. If I don't hear anything in the next 4 weeks, I will make an InfoPass interview and talk to the IO.

Hope this helps.
Good luck!